collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Bunk Bed from Heck!  (Read 578 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
The Bunk Bed from Heck!
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:48:19 PM »
Welll here is a story, and possibly a warning.. Though I feel like I probably should have known better... Dont buy a bunk bed from Amazon. xD

I have many nephews, but one of them, is particularly best friends with my son, he spends a lot of time at our house, especially over the summers. Until now, he's slept on an air mattress on the floor of my sons room, or they both sleep on the pull out in the living room.

I decided I really needed to look into a bed option for him, either a trundle or a bunk, it came down to a bunk being the better option, that way there's still room on the floor for the air mattress if multiple cousins sleepover, or even a possible trundle in the future. ANYWAY! I started shopping, I really couldn't afford anything super fancy, so I wanted to make sure that what I could get would at least be safe.

I didn't specifically go looking on amazon.. I was just lead there.. And the reviews seemed promising, lots of people saying that this bed was perfect for a kids room, sturdy etc. so I bought it. Bed came a week later.. I start pulling all the pieces out and... oh.. There are no instructions, and there is no hardware. -_-

two weeks later I have both, and my son and I start putting the bed together.. I guess I should have inventoried all the pieces, because it was also missing 2 out of 4 of the head/foot rails.. And now I have to wait for those.

Long story short, read the Q&A area on amazon EVEN if most of the reviews seemed positive, or just dont buy beds on amazon. xD
The bed IS sturdy... Its just whoever packed that box.. must have fallen asleep. I have no idea how so many parts can be forgotten. The box arrived sealed and everything too.

Please tell me about your worst online order experience xD

also if anyone is wondering, the bed in question is sold and processed by "DHP furniture" not sure ill ever give them my money again lol.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:51:24 PM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: The Bunk Bed from Heck!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 06:14:33 AM »
Yikes! What a headache. I hope it will be worth it in the end!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 09:32:27 AM »
Man :(

Atleast you eventually got it sorted out <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 10:17:43 AM »
sorta sorted at least, still waiting on the missing rails lol. but at least my son can sleep on the bottom bunk, which was his intention in the beginning. Top bunk will be for visitors.

I started looking into reviews for other products this company sells through amazon, and apparently a LOT of people get their order with tons of missing parts. Really makes me wonder what on earth is going on, and how a company can keep letting this happen lol

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 10:22:27 AM »
ughhhhh how frustrating. I haven't ordered furniture from Amazon but it's happened more than once with IKEA so I feel your pain.

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »
D: what a pain!
When I worked with Toys R Us and moms to be ordered cribs or other furniture, it magicly always had missing peices! They would come I'm telling their story on how the parts were missing. One family ordered the same item 3 times and each time a different part would be missing... I felt bad for them, they looked so stressed cause they really wanted that crib. Finally I called a near by babies r us (there isn't one in my town, closest was maybe two hours away) they had the crib and every checked out with all parts! Had them send it to my store, few weeks later they finnaly got it. 4 cribs later.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »
wow Pikashoes! That poor family! I probably would have given up lol. But at least you were helpful to them. Everyone Iv known whos worked at a TRU always says its horrible, but idk everyone usually seems really helpful in the store at least? xD

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 01:03:18 PM »
How in the world are they still in business with such a lack of quality control?  :shocked: :enraged:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal