collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Request Total [Ebay] Issue  (Read 2893 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Request Total [Ebay] Issue
« on: April 12, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »
Hi hi! Just a quick one, (non-pony, sorry!) I purchased a quantity of items from a seller and asked for the seller to provide a new total for combined postage, thing is, Ebay is prompting me to pay now, and I can't see that, aside the confirmation page on the App, that the request has gone through. Is this normal, or has the App goofed and the seller has no idea I'm waiting for the new postage total?

I really don't like the App lol
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Request Total [Ebay] Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:57:14 AM »
I can never request a total on the app. It never works for me so I always just go onto the computer to be safe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »
I think I've fixed it.

I don't normally use Ebay on my phone, but unfortunately, the items went up at a very low BIN price and I wasn't going to be home for over an hour  :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:31:25 PM »
I totally understand!  You gotta grab'um as fast as you can lol

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 03:41:09 AM »
Yeah I haven't installed the app on my new phone, I use the browser, but even the mobile site is pretty horrid. I only use it occasionally out of necessity, and nearly every time it glitches. I'd just request total on the phone, then check it at home on the PC. I know last time I replied to a message, and didn't check when I got home... seller had asked a question, my reply hadn't gone through, and it was only when I logged on to get a tracking number that I realized they'd cancelled and refunded, and I was left having to find a new item, and of course the price had almost doubled...

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 05:31:15 AM »
Yeah I haven't installed the app on my new phone, I use the browser, but even the mobile site is pretty horrid. I only use it occasionally out of necessity, and nearly every time it glitches. I'd just request total on the phone, then check it at home on the PC. I know last time I replied to a message, and didn't check when I got home... seller had asked a question, my reply hadn't gone through, and it was only when I logged on to get a tracking number that I realized they'd cancelled and refunded, and I was left having to find a new item, and of course the price had almost doubled...

What I do on my phone is click onto the mobile site and go down to the bottom and click onto "classic site" and it'll take you to the regular eBay site. I hate the mobile site and I get discouraged when the app won't allow me to have all the options I need so it's nice to have the classic site at my fingertips when I can't get to my PC.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »

What I do on my phone is click onto the mobile site and go down to the bottom and click onto "classic site" and it'll take you to the regular eBay site. I hate the mobile site and I get discouraged when the app won't allow me to have all the options I need so it's nice to have the classic site at my fingertips when I can't get to my PC.

I'd never noticed that, thanks Bluerose! I guess I'm so used to ebay hiding links that I never even thought to look!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 04:54:06 AM »

I'd never noticed that, thanks Bluerose! I guess I'm so used to ebay hiding links that I never even thought to look!

You're welcome! I noticed most mobile sites seem to have that option these days and I love it!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »
Ugh, no paying for anything for me on anything but the PC. It's not like Ebay's checkout and such isn't sometimes superbuggy - like giving error pages, saying the section of the site can't be accessed on random intervals, or not offering the option to combine shipping or even PAY for an item sometimes (sigh).

And this is not at those annoying times when sellers want to send every item separately and charge you shipping separately. These are times when the seller WILL give you a combined discount, the site JUST WON'T LET THEM ><.

So yes. (takes breath). I stick to the PC. I think if I used the tablet for Ebay buying, it might just finish me off xD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal