collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EHarmony & Match.com anyone tried em?  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
EHarmony & Match.com anyone tried em?
« on: April 12, 2016, 09:21:39 AM »
Hey there, i'm honestly not sure if this is the right topic to post this here but I'm wondering as the title implies; have anyone tried any of dating sites and have had ANY success?
I'm tired of all the constant rejection I get no matter what I do ,so I'm really considering having dating sites do all the work for me. I've looked em both up and apparently you have to pay for an however month long subscription  :huh: (which I don't really have a problem with...I have nothing better to spend my money on  :P )

So any pros, cons, tips, warnings? Thanks guys :)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
Re: EHarmony & Match.com anyone tried em?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:03:08 AM »
Yeah I used match and found my fella, we have being together well over a year so all good so far.

In fact a few people I know met through one or the other and they are now happily married with families. It is more common than you think

Don't pay anything I did not pay a penny for my account you are restricted but only on certain things on the website.

Warning you do get strange people looking for well you can guess just delete and block them you will be fine. Just don't forget everyone is I. The same boat on there so do not be afraid to be open and your self.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 10:30:15 AM »
I would just be certain of what you are looking for.  That doesn't necessarily mean to write off everyone who doesn't fit your "Dream Date" but if they give off a bad vibe, follow your gut.  On a site that I use, one guy kept messaging me to tell me how he had spent his whole life making money and was a self-made millionaire and now he was looking for love and he just knew that we were destined to be together.  Let me add that he was older than my dad.  I didn't respond to him because something about it seemed off to me and I later got a message from the site saying that he had violated their rules (not sure which ones) and was removed so the messages he'd sent me had been removed as well.  I've also had guys older than my grandpa (he's 76) try to get me to go out with them.  Since my rule is no one old enough to be my dad, I either don't respond or I politely tell them that I'm not interested. 

A friend of mine got asked if she wanted to be a plural wife (her answer was definitely NO!) and one of my guy friends had an older woman into BDSM contact him (his answer to her was no thank you).  So just be careful and if you think someone sounds too good to be true, tread carefully because they usually are. 

On the other hand, my sister met her husband on a dating site (not sure which one she used) and they've been married for 9 years and have 4 kids and are still going strong, so it is possible to find your match online.  It might just take a bit of patience and sifting through the ones you don't want.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
Yeah I used match and found my fella, we have being together well over a year so all good so far.

In fact a few people I know met through one or the other and they are now happily married with families. It is more common than you think

Don't pay anything I did not pay a penny for my account you are restricted but only on certain things on the website.

Warning you do get strange people looking for well you can guess just delete and block them you will be fine. Just don't forget everyone is I. The same boat on there so do not be afraid to be open and your self.
Would you still get a Match.com phone number and email address if you don't pay for any subscription? (That's what I've read on this one article )
Oh no!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »
To be honest I just went on the sight and opened the account, there was nothing about a phone number but me and Gareth messaged each other quite a few times a day. I am not sure if he paid for his account but it did not stop me replying and I refused to pay everytime it offered subscriptions.

Eventually when I established he was not a strange person I gave him my phone number and we just both left the website at the same time.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 06:03:32 AM »
I haven't but it sounds interesting. I wish you luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 12:41:18 PM »
I have not used eharmony or match.com, but I have used OKCupid and Plenty of Fish.

I'll have to admit, I've had mostly negative encounters with those two sites. I've met a lot of weirdos. And someone else gave this advice and it's priceless- if something sounds off about someone, follow that instinct. Chances are, there is something going on. One of the guys I met was on the sex offender registry. I knew from the moment I talked on the phone with him that something wasn't right with him and I did some research on him and found out.

There are a lot of flakers on those sites too. A lot of guys that act like they are interested and message you back for a day or two then suddenly disappear on you and don't message you back. There are also guys that just plain have issues and are probably bullets to avoid. I didn't text a guy back in enough time and he said he's done with me. I told him it was late and I fell asleep but he said consistency was key. I was like....thank you for helping me realize you are someone I should probably avoid anyways. Weirdo.

But in saying all of this.....I met my current boyfriend from Plenty of Fish. HOWEVER.....at first I thought he was a weirdo too. Yes, I know this sounds terrible. But he put all his cards on the table and gave out a whole slew of personal info. But I've learned now that I've met him that, that's the way he is. He likes to get everything bad out on the table to rule out future problems. But, like I said, I thought he was strange. But I was also intrigued and physically attracted. So we became Facebook friends. Then I felt comfortable enough giving him my number and we talked on the phone. Talking to him on the phone was a different experience. He was really nice and sounded intelligent. But he lives two hours away. Dealbreaker. So we were friends for TWO years until I finally met him for the first time a couple months ago. I finally got brave enough to drive where he lives and I really, really liked him. So we are going steady. Facebook official. He calls me his girlfriend and I call him my boyfriend. I have feelings for him official.

So you can find someone at these sites. And even with al the weirdos you find, know there are some normal out there like you and I that are just trying to find the right person. Sadly, you have to weed through a lot of crap to find the good ones. I say give those sites a go. I noticed that a lot of the same guys were on both of the sites I tried. It wouldn't surprised me if some of them were on match or eharmony too. You have nothing to lose (except maybe a month's subscription worth of money to try it) for trying. You could find someone great. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:43:38 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »
Well turns out you actually have to PAY in order to message anybody :/ (I'm trying out Match.com) so I have to incorporate about $40 for one month onto my financial plate  >_<
Oh no!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 08:31:58 PM »
I think the ones where you have to pay are the better options, because it decreases the risk of getting time-wasters and should lead to getting more people who are really looking to find someone, people with serious interest.
Good luck to you! I hope someone nice comes along soon!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 09:11:06 PM »
Well turns out you actually have to PAY in order to message anybody :/ (I'm trying out Match.com) so I have to incorporate about $40 for one month onto my financial plate  >_<

I've looked into this a little as well as the free sites just have too many weirdos  :huh: But I wouldn't be able to pay for more than a month.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:13:07 PM by Rhini »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 09:41:25 PM »

What I find frustrating about Match is that you have to pay to even see who LOOKED at your profile.  Other sites I've used charge to communicate but you can at least look at who is interested in you before you pay to talk to them.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 10:00:21 PM »
Maybe I'm really good at spotting weirdos (well I don't respond to anyone that doesn't send me a lengthy thoughtful message personally and from that you can gauge their personality some), but I think the free sites are worth it. Just talk a while first, test out how they react if you don't respond for a day (do they just send a new message and not bother you or do they keep sending them like a crazy person), maybe add them on Snapchat so you can substantiate better that they are who they say, or Facebook, and meet up in public.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 11:50:57 AM »
I spent ages filling out my profile on E harmony only for the site to say they had no matches for me.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 12:02:08 PM »
I actually met my husband through a search engine on MySpace like almost a decade ago! (Woe that makes me sound old lol...) So I have high hopes for the online dating thing!! x3

I have never used eHarmony before, but one of my friends has and has had dates with locals that were "matches". He is still single now lol just be careful some people may lie on their profile! There can be such weirdos online!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »
I actually met my husband through a search engine on MySpace like almost a decade ago! (Woe that makes me sound old lol...) So I have high hopes for the online dating thing!! x3

I have never used eHarmony before, but one of my friends has and has had dates with locals that were "matches". He is still single now lol just be careful some people may lie on their profile! There can be such weirdos online!

:lol: Aw, I remember Myspace.. Lala, you're not THAT old :P

I'll raise you one and say that I met my ex bfs on AOL Instant Messenger and ICQ!  :P :lol: ^.^ 

The me of the '90s was sooo naive, gullible and careless... of course it was a different world back then, too. I personally wouldn't try online dating again / going to those kind of sites, especially now with all crazy stories and weirdos..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal