collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone else seen this Australian G1 DVD?  (Read 738 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Has anyone else seen this Australian G1 DVD?
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:27:04 PM »
I was just walking through Kmart this morning and found this:

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Movies/My-Little-Pony-Multipack-DVDMovies-Various/9318500071002?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=ps&utm_campaign=AU&gclid=CjwKEAjw_oK4BRDym-SDq-aczicSJAC7UVRtVig9VwR6iYs-7_YXadHJ6C-w0rj0OoxklkHIm4eB6BoCJ03w_wcB

I check the DVD's fairly often in my local stores and haven't seen it before. I'd given up on Kmart, because they seemed to have dropped off with pony dvd's, and usually get them after JB's, Big W and Target anyway! But we were walking through, and someone had put it down on an end cap, so I grabbed it! It seems to be an extension of the other 2 G1 dvd's we got last year (I think it was, both are from Beyond, too) with similar G1 art (down to the G2 fencing), although they cover the same episodes again, with extra eps, it seems to be random episodes throughout the two seasons. Not a comprehensive set, but it sure is pretty - the discs have BABY PONIES on them!

I do love G1 dvd's with the correct gen art on them! I also spotted the two new retailer versions of Sailor Moon, with Rei and Mamoru on the covers, so I'll pick those up when they are on sale (I already have the box set version, but like the art on both), I've been keeping an eye out, and it was the first time I'd seen them... I guess I'm back to trawling Kmart for new things as well now, there goes my wallet - you don't leave Kmart empty handed... :help:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone else seen this Australian G1 DVD?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:39:15 AM »
Oh the box are is adorable! Nice find!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 02:24:17 AM »
aw, that's so cute!  I got a box set from Big W with all the movies/episodes a few years ago so haven't bothered looking since.  Nice to know they're still being re-released. 

Do you remember the first dvd release with the G2s all over them?  They always annoyed me!  I mean, there's not a single G2 character is any G1 show.  Ah well...

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 06:57:16 AM »
I own this one too! Even though some of the ponies have their colours a bit funky, it was too cute to pass up - plus the G1 show was my childhood (renting the DVDs at Blockbuster every Friday :inlove: )
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 04:59:38 PM »
Hehe, yeah, I'm kind of married to a huuuge movie buff, so we have thousands of DVD's. So I get all the MLP releases, it's not like hubby can say no when he's got a gazillion DVD's downstairs! I have all the old DVD's and some of the old VHS releases too with the G2's on them (we still have a combo player, pretty much so I can justify buying vintage VHS, lol!) I just see MLP and if I don't have it, I buy it. I've been good with G4 though, only buying The madman boxsets and the new beyond Season 4 set.

I just love the art style on these newer Beyond sets. So much nicer than the old G2 style ones. I also bought the tin set with the G2 logo on the front, I think it had the same disc art as these DVD's though, so maybe we'll see some more of these DVD's cropping up at other retailers, I mean the discs are there, they just need covers!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal