collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Happy to Meet You!!!!  (Read 887 times)

Offline frevill3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Happy to Meet You!!!!
« on: April 03, 2016, 07:59:22 PM »
Hello Fellow Pony Lovers!!

My name is Marilyn Brink and I live in Grand Rapids, MI, USA. I am 33 years old and I have found joy from MLPs since I was a little girl!  I am married and have a 2 year old daughter and a 5 month old son (Emmalyn and Bennett). I am an emergency veterinarian when I am not working on my pony collection!

My collection of ponies started when I was about 2 years old. My parents bought me a pony each week when we went to the grocery store. Luckily they kept them all for me!! I finally went through all 180 of them about one year ago once I got them out of storage. Since going through my childhood ponies, I found a renewed love for ponies. I started cleaning my childhood ponies, renewing their prior beauty and just loved it! I now have lots of fun buying ponies to add to my collection and selling off any doubles I have. I clean up the ones I sell separately but sometimes I get too many and I cannot keep up (they start taking over our house)! I am working hard on collecting the accessories to go with the ponies since I have now collected almost all of the G1 US ponies!

I cannot wait to share the love of My Little Pony with other fun collectors and enthusiasts! I have already met some of you on eBay! You are all amazing and I'm sure there is more fun to be had on this cool site! :)

Marilyn

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Happy to Meet You!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:26:16 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! ^^

I believe I have made some purchases from you on Ebay (I'm cmor1215), it is exciting to see you here
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 07:29:04 AM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »
Welcome to the Arena

So glad that you still have your precious childhood collection :)  Good luck with expanding your herd :wave:

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 11:31:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Hope you like it here! We'd love to see pics of your collection!

Offline frevill3

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 06:12:20 PM »
Aww!! You guys are sweet! :) I love selling on eBay! I will have to figure out how to sell on here too. I am slowly exploring the website. It is taking me a little while! There is so much on here. A nice eBay buyer (Nadia) suggested I come on here! I hope she finds me! 
I have to take some current pictures of my collection. I only display my ponies as I get them cleaned so my displayed collection is partially up! My husband surprised me with shelves for my birthday so it is very exciting when I get to display them now! How do you post a photo?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 06:34:33 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! I'm so happy to hear of your renewed interest in ponies! Getting ponies out of storage after years or decades has renewed the interest in many of us. It wasn't until I was moving out of my parents' house that I stumbled upon what was left of my ponies as a child, and out of curiosity, I started doing some research and was amazed to learn that not only were there hundreds of ponies, but each had a name! I now have several hundred.

As far as posting a photo, you'll need an image hosting site to upload to such as flickr or photobucket. You can also upload directly via your smartphone with the app TapaTalk. It's super easy to use and is much easier than uploading to a photo hosting site and linking. I hope that helps.

I happen to have a G1 checklist/spreadsheet which might interest you. You simply enter a 1 in a cell when you have a pony, and viola! Everything fills in. There's also a cell to add duplicates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1giy5cqzvL_CD-oUOKgzGVXcbYrubEN9EwJTLlTWdpd8/edit?usp=sharing

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 07:52:25 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

WOW! I would of loved that as a child! That is awesome that they saved them all for you! :)

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 01:57:29 PM »
I found you Marilyn :) welcome!!!! And can't wait to buy more from you :)

Offline frevill3

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 05:55:34 PM »
Yay!!! Nadia! You found me!  :P That did not take long!!!! This website is wonderful! Thank you for inviting me! This is fun! I am going to work on uploading a picture of my collection. I am working on a "mint on card" wall so I will have to post some pictures of this for sure (its amazing!) Thank you very much for the G1 spreadsheet!! That will definitely help to keep track of what I have! You girls are wonderful! What do you guys spend the most time using this website for? What should I check out?

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 06:05:26 PM »
Well, I spend most of my time here either in the Pony Brag section getting jealous at everyone's new ponies, or the Custom section drooling over the really talented artists that are here. Just search around and see which forums you like best! :)

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 06:08:56 PM »
It is very nice to meet you and glad you rediscovered your collection!  I used to work as a receptionist/tech in an emergency small animal hospital and loved it- hats off to you for helping the animals :)  I have seen some of your ponies for sale too- they are lovely! 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:12:31 PM by Brightglowpony »
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 03:51:52 AM »
Yay!!! Nadia! You found me!  :P That did not take long!!!! This website is wonderful! Thank you for inviting me! This is fun! I am going to work on uploading a picture of my collection. I am working on a "mint on card" wall so I will have to post some pictures of this for sure (its amazing!) Thank you very much for the G1 spreadsheet!! That will definitely help to keep track of what I have! You girls are wonderful! What do you guys spend the most time using this website for? What should I check out?

Haha! Excellent! Don't forget I still need my sticker  :lol: there's loads of stuff to do here so have a fun time going through it all xxx

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »
Hi, Marilyn! Welcome to the Arena!

Wow what a big collection! I'm glad your parents kept them all. I hope you're able to finish off your US pony collection! Enjoy the forms!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 05:43:17 PM »
:newponyt: Welcome to the Arena.  That is so awesome your parents keep all those ponies they brought you, so many of our member's come here missing their childhood collections.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 05:54:20 PM »
Hiii!! I'm in Grand Rapids too! Welcome!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal