collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you feel about blush on ponies?  (Read 3374 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
How do you feel about blush on ponies?
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:08:42 AM »
Most G1 ponies had blush (a soft spot of pink on each cheek).  I don't think any other generation did.  What do you think about blush?  DO you think about blush?  Do you like it?  Do you find it odd? Do you miss it in other lines?

My opinion:  I never thought about it as a kid, I just accepted it as something a real MLP had.  As an adult I do think it looks nice and adds some roundness to the face.  However, when I stop and think about it, it also seems a little odd.  I guess the idea was "rosy cheeks look cute", but on a pony with blue skin shouldn't the blush actually be purplish?  Since blush is caused by blood circulating under the skin?  I mean, if the skin is blue . . .

Even though I dig it on G1s, I don't really "miss it" now that it's not used any more.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: How do you feel about blush on ponies?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 09:13:39 AM »
I love blush!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 09:24:17 AM »
I think it's cute enough. It's not something that I am massively upset that they don't do anymore. Personally, I tend to prefer the freckles! I think it can annoy me because the blush smudges and scratches so so easily. I don't think I own more than 5 ponies with mint blush.

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:27 AM »
I'm neutral, tbh. I don't think I've ever even thought about it much before reading this XD It's cute but I'm not bothered that it disappeared after G1.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »
Forcing poor little ponies to use arsenic to get those nice rosy cheeks...so mean!

(people used to use arsenic to create a nice blush...eeks!)

I like it.  But then I am new.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 11:06:53 AM »
I've honestly never really thought about it.  I think it looks nicer on some ponies than others for sure though!  It clashes a bit much with certain body colors but looks very cute on others.  I keep on trying to imagine G3 or G4 with blush though and my mental image looks ridiculous, so I don't think it was necessarily bad they stopped doing it!

Princess Lala

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 11:42:44 AM »
I love that G1 ponies have blush on them!!!! It makes them look so sweet and cutsey! :heart: I have found that powdered chalk pastel applied with q-tip does the job at restoring blush on both ponies and tsum tsums!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 12:21:50 PM »
I've never given much thought to the blush on ponies; when I was a kid it was just sort of there. Now that it's been brought to my attention, I think it does complement the overall look of G1s; the style of them reminds me a bit of illustrations in old children's books and the blush kind of adds to the 'traditional' feel they have. :)

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 12:33:56 PM »
I think it's cute enough. It's not something that I am massively upset that they don't do anymore. Personally, I tend to prefer the freckles!

I'm with you. I don't mind the blush, never really thought about it to be honest, but freckles are just adorable! It's like when I get a new pony, I don't really notice blush, but if they have freckles it's one of the first things I notice.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 02:56:57 PM »
Speaking of freckles, I was just looking at my ponies and I don't think Applejack or Bow-Tie have blush.  And it doesn't look like Bubbles or Seashell do either.  Does that match up with other people's ponies?

(I love freckles on ponies too, but only if they're white for some reason, LOL.  Not crazy about Playtime's pinkish freckles.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »
Speaking of freckles, I was just looking at my ponies and I don't think Applejack or Bow-Tie have blush.  And it doesn't look like Bubbles or Seashell do either.  Does that match up with other people's ponies?

(I love freckles on ponies too, but only if they're white for some reason, LOL.  Not crazy about Playtime's pinkish freckles.)

as far as I'm aware, if they have anything, ponies will have blush or freckles, because it would be a bit crowded otherwise. My applejack and bowtie don't have blush, only freckles, and my bubbles only has a blaze. I think one of the nirvana bubbles has freckles?

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 04:20:49 PM »
I think both freckles and blush are cute- even though they are silly if you think of the ponies as real ponies- but then it is pretty hard to do so- they are so stylized that they bear only passing resemblance to a real pony...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 04:55:26 PM »
I don't really have an opinion on blush, but I am always amused at the sheer number of ponies here that had freckles (as opposed to other countries). Hasbro realllllly liked freckles in the UK for some reason...

Rubbed blush looks a bit sad, especially on white ponies, but I never really thought about it as odd. It is odd, but I guess it's just something G1 had and so I got used to it...

Boy ponies with blush is a bit stranger...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Karebearcntdwn

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 05:05:46 PM »
I absolutely adore ponies with full cheeks of blush and often try to upgrade ponies based on the condition of said feature.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal