collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 925 times)

squidbitty

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi there!
« on: March 26, 2016, 09:36:04 AM »
My name is Squid, and I'm a MLP fan from way back.  Ponies were a huge part of my childhood, and now, having finally gotten around to watching the new series, my love has been thoroughly rekindled. 

I've gotten my girlfriend's ponies out of storage (alas, mine are still in my old house, a couple states away), and I'm just beginning to the process of cleaning and repairing them, as well as organizing the collection and figuring out where and how to display them.  Once that's done, I hope to start filling in the gaps and maybe even completing our collection (of G1s, at least). 

I'm definitely a G1 girl - they hold a very special place in my heart - but, I have to say, I really love FiM too (though, I haven't really started collecting those ponies yet, aside from a few blind bag figures and Happy Meal toys).

Aside from toys, dolls are my other favorite item to collect.  The Barbie box will be the next collection I tackle once the ponies are taken care of.  We also have a small collection of Monster High dolls, and we've been eyeballing Ever After High too.  Oh, the plight of the small-budgeted, space-lacking collector.  :3

I'm really interesting in customizing (both ponies and dolls), but I haven't had the time/money/etc. to dabble much yet.  Hopefully, that will change once I get my craft room in order.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'll hush.  I'm looking forward to hanging out and talking ponies with you all.  Thanks for having me!  <3

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 02:14:13 PM »
Hi, squid! Welcome to the Arena!

Dolls, ponies, and customs are all things we love here  :) Once you're able to start customizing (which is a lot of fun!) we have a great forum for tips, inspiration, and opportunities to show off your work. Have fun collecting and enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 02:44:56 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 03:04:37 AM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena!
We are a brilliant site, and we are always happy to help out newbies.
Enjoy! :D

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

squidbitty

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!  <3

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 01:23:11 PM »
Hi squidbitty :wave:

I like the G1 ponies best too, but like you I also have other gens in my collection.  This is a great site to learn about all things pony so I'm sure you will enjoy being part of the community :D

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 03:27:40 AM »
Welcome to the Arena

G1's just have a way of bringing that nostalgia back for me every time i look at one :)  Hope you have an amazing time on the forum :lovey:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  I hope you get a chance to get your old ponies back.  Then you can have even more fun organizing them.  EAH is fun, though we like the variety of sculpts of MH better. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

squidbitty

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 12:46:47 PM »
kiwimlp: There's so much to learn!  And this seems like a really great place to learn it :3

Spinky69er: Exactly!  I see so many ponies that I had or wished I had or that other people had and I was jealous of, lol.

Diamond: Thank you!  I hope I can too.  In the meantime, at least I know they're reasonably safe and I don't have to worry about anyone getting rid of them or anything.  The MH dolls are my faves too.  I'm a little sad they weren't around when I was kid because they would have been right up my alley, lol.  But, of course, they still are now and now I can buy them for myself, so maybe it's for the best :3

P.S. Sorry for the slow responses.  I don't have much time/energy to check things during the week when I'm working, so I'm pretty much only around on the weekends.

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 11:21:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I'm also more interested in G1s as they are what I grew up with. But I'm also a big fan of customs, even if the base is other generations.

We'd love to see pics of your girlfriend's collection, and yours when you get them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal