collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SSC Price Check?  (Read 448 times)

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
SSC Price Check?
« on: March 18, 2016, 01:22:09 PM »
Hello,

I rescued a vintage Strawberry shortcake raspberry tart with flat hands from the thrift today. she is in great condition and has all but 1 shoe, her hat and pet. eBay sold listings were only for the curved hand one, so I'm wondering if the flat hands is worth any more or less? I don't collect these and plan to rehome her, but trying to figure out if she is worth listing at all since SSC doesn't sell well. any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SSC Price Check?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 06:08:30 PM »
I'm not a super expert, but I can help!

Either you have a remake RT, or a vintage European one. :)

http://www.examiner.com/article/toy-of-the-day-strawberry-shortcake-30th-anniversary-doll-set

Check out this site and see if that is the doll you have.

The vintage American flat hands, as first edition dolls, go for a little more than their curved hand counterparts but not by much. (Have no clue on the international variants, but I heard they are more valuable). Here's a rundown of the vintage American doll versions:

Flat hands - first edition
Curved hands - no pet - second edition
Curved hands w/ pet - third edition
Some consider the dolls with pets as "second edition" but technically they are third edition. They made the baby dolls with pets since the very beginning, so it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference if you don't have them w/ their original boxes.

SSC has recently gone down a bit in value so that helps buyers but not sellers. The Berrykin dolls, regardless of country, imho, are the ones who continue to hold their value :)

Let me know if you need any other help w/ SSC! :)

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 08:51:31 PM »
Yea, looking at the photo I think its the retro, though its hard to tell, she is really close to the original! seems to have more hair, so guessing that's the tell tale sign that she is a reproduction. oh well! thank you for the info!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 02:57:36 AM »
Yea, looking at the photo I think its the retro, though its hard to tell, she is really close to the original! seems to have more hair, so guessing that's the tell tale sign that she is a reproduction. oh well! thank you for the info!

You're welcome :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal