collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Feeling nostalgic - photos of your childhood ponies? (Any generation welcome!)  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I think discussions like this have happened before, but not for a bit. I am a long way from my collection here, in London, and all my childhood ponies are currently back at home in the custody of my family. But I remembered I have a photo on my site of my childhood collection, before I started recollecting at carboots, trading and such.

I had 68 ponies in total. It's not a great photo, but here they are.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I wonder how many people can recognise, since 2 of them are petite ponies and there's one Mummy Charm in there too, who I counted as a pony when I was a kid xD. There are also some "UK" ponies, although as a kid I didn't know that xD.

I am always really interested to see pictures of people's collections when they were originally collecting as kids, rather than now as adults. So if you have any pictures of your collection or partial collections from childhood, I'd love it if you'd share them.

It doesn't matter what generation :) Childhood ponies are childhood ponies so all generations welcome :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
 :biggrin:

I don't have a picture of my entire collection from that time period but here is a more recent pick with most of them in there.  Some of these were my sister's which she gave me when we were older.  I also have the nursery and two adult and 3 baby sea ponies not pictured. And something like 10 petites.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
You guys had Glory :'( I so wanted Glory as a kid, mean Hasbro UK! You guys are so cute. Somewhere I have a picture of sister and I with a friend of hers and Lullabye Nursery, but I don't have any other pictures I can access here ><.

That reindeer is also adorable :D Thanks for sharing :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Mail Order Spike

• Trade Count: (0)
I don't have a picture from back then but my g1 collection now is almost all made of my childhood ponies:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile

In Chronological Order!

Powder was Queen
Locket was Matriarch
Starshine preferred the company of other mares ;)
Tex was the Baby Daddy
Butterscotch: mother of Lucky
Twinkler: mother of Baby Starflower
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:32:25 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Here's a couple pics of tiny me with my ponies around the end of 2003. I took some snaps quickly of out one of my scrapbooks :P

Spoiler

By the time 2004 rolled around I'd already found out about pony collectors on the internet, only a handful more ponies made it in after these photos before I started calling myself a collector!  :silly:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

That reindeer is also adorable :D Thanks for sharing :D

Thanks! My dad made that.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
I don't have any. I did take a photo of my youngest sister years ago holding the G3 Easter Toola Roola I got her for her birthday that year because she loved bunnies and MLP at the time and that was a nice combination of both interests.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
You guys had Glory :'( I so wanted Glory as a kid, mean Hasbro UK!

I always wanted Moondancer and Medley as they were always in the comics. Medley in particular as I've always loved music!

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
Omg I wish I would find my old photos but I remember having lullaby nursery, pretty parlour, baby buggy, honeycomb, romper, Galaxy, gingerbread, rainbow ponies set, Pearlized pony set, speedy, bright eyes, Sugarberry, BBE baby heartthrob, baby tic tac toe, ice crystal, Tex, slugger, Cutesauras.... From what I can think of lol. Loving all your pix and stories. I always wanted blossom, apple jack, firefly, medley, seashell, bubbles those from that series :) x

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile

I always wanted Moondancer and Medley as they were always in the comics. Medley in particular as I've always loved music!
Agree! Medley was the other one I really wanted. Medley and Glory *sigh*.

I remember being so excited when I found Gypsy at a second hand fete though. I had begun to think early unicorns didn't really exist, and were just in stories, aside from Gusty who my friend had...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Aww such precious pics <3 I always love this kind of threads!!!

My biggest want as a kid were all the ponies pictured in my sticker book. This picture shows my old original one with a brand new one bought online from the original publisher about 10 years ago when they were having a special sale of old sticker books.
My old one is on the left, lol, note the nametag "Nina"... I go by "Vanessa" for everyone who asks but my name is actually Vanessa-Nina, one of those silly double names and of course I have never ever been able to have anything with my true name XD So one day my aunt found "Nina" sticker and gave them to me :P I sticked them everywhere lol.

Ok, enough blabla... what I actually wanted to say was : as a kid born in 1982 I did not have any of the real old G1. One of my first G1 was Baby Cuddles, I also had Whirly and Cool Breeze being some of my earliest ponies. So, I never had a chance to get those pictured in that book (and the MLP magazine that was released in germany) since they were already out of stores when I started with MLP. My biggest wants back then were Firefly and Medley, Moondancer and Glory and Bowtie and Applejack. Later it was Fizzy and Galaxy. I vividly remember how I crosses my fingers everytime we got to a store that had a toy section, always hoping to find one of them there. No luck though lol, not even on fleamarkets.

But, whatever, I had a lot of other ponies later :) Sadly some are missing. When I had re-started collecting as an adult I made that stupid mistake... I traded away some of my ponies :( Well, I was lucky enough to get ONE of them back after 6 years but meh... the others are gone.

I sadly only have ONE single picture of my as a kid with a pony... my mother hated ponies so she never took pics from me with them. This one was taken by my grandma at her house when I visited her for the summer holidays; its shows me (on the left, holding  dinosaur toys) and my friend Andrea and her little brother Bernd. Pictured are my toys too; some Barbies, some dinosaurs and some of my ponies.
You can maybe hardly see it but there are Player, Sugar Sweet, Sugar Apple, Baby Cuddles and my Ballerina Fakie!

While searching for this pic I found some awesome ones of my daughter and her first pony ever <3 She still has her! Its G3 Sparkleworks (my daughter is 12 now) and she loved her a lot. She nicknames her Klapsi, I have no idea why :P

With my friend´s Sparkleworks on her lap:

She and Ecki (our former cat) and Klapsi

Never doing anything alone...

Nope, nothing..

as I said.. lol. Really, Klapsi has been everywhere!!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
OMG, the adventures of Klapsi are so cute (and somehow that is a way better name than Sparkleworks). I have a photo somewhere at home of my sister and I outside the front of the house with Mum, we're going on a walk. I'm clutching Cherries Jubilee in my hands. She came on walks with us a lot. This was partly because I was trying to make myself like her pose more, and partly because her hair was already so wrecked that making her climb trees and explore leaf litter wasn't likely to make it worse. She's wearing a scarf and legwarmers I knitted for her. I went through a phase of making baby scarves for the "bluebird club", which was a weird club my sister and I created for our baby ponies to be a part of, and I also knitted some little things for adult ponies too.

The picture is really tiny, and I don't have it on this PC anyway. But Klapsi's adventures reminded me of that. That and how we took ponies on holiday with us to Wales a few times.

So cute <3.

(And I guess I must be a pony geek, as I can spot all the ponies you named in that photo ;)

Edit to add: I also admire the rebellious spirit of colouring in Pinkie Pie blue :D. Conforming to convention is just boring...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:51:11 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness

Agree! Medley was the other one I really wanted. Medley and Glory *sigh*.

I remember being so excited when I found Gypsy at a second hand fete though. I had begun to think early unicorns didn't really exist, and were just in stories, aside from Gusty who my friend had...

Gypsy was one of the others I desperately wanted and as an adult collector, was the second pony I bought. My main memories of the comic characters were twinkle eyed ponies, so I was always wanted one of those too!
This was partly because I was trying to make myself like her pose more

My least favourite pose I think!

Einhornbaby: I love all your adorable photos!! Your ponies looked like they had serious fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal