collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Teal German Baby Sea Pony?  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Teal German Baby Sea Pony?
« on: March 11, 2016, 08:35:26 AM »
I was searching eBay for sea ponies and I came across this baby sea pony that is German. She is a beautiful teal blue with white hair and is in the Tiny Bubbles pose.  Does anyone know who she is please? :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:39:38 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Teal German Baby Sea Pony?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:01:21 AM »
The only baby sea ponies with white hair that I can think of is from the watercolour series

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:23:17 AM »
Yes, she did look like she had water color hair, but the seller listed her as a sparkle baby.  :huh:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
I don't think there were any German exclusive Seaponies. There were some Euro release seaponies though :)

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Category:Sea_Ponies

The seller may have made a mistake with the listing ;)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »
It's probably a watercolor baby seapony. The ones I got from Germany seem to be different in color.   My Germany Baby Wavedancer is a much darker blue than the aqua one from the USA. It's possible you have this one since she's in Baby Tiny Bubble's pose. The hair fades out to white really easily.   The only other blue/aqua one would be Seashore. Most of the ones from the US that I've seen are yellow with white hair, but the ones from Germany that I have are full blue or in the stages of turning blue and look aqua.   It's possible these color differences span out beyond Germany, but I don't have that information.  Hope this helps!  :)

USA: Left      GERMANY:  Right
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:14:29 PM by ashlyne »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
Wow! Look how dark the right baby is! She looks very pretty like that ^.^

If there were several different batches that could account for the colour difference, but it could also be due to the thermal colour change aging over time.

I love those three babies in your bottom image :)

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 01:33:42 PM »
Ya, the German seaponies that I see online (even now) are pretty consistent with these bluer colors.   I don't have any MOC German images to know if they were sold that way, but there does seem to be a distinct difference in the dyes that were used.   ;)

I think I see the one you're looking at online, Whisper. It looks like Baby Wavedancer whose hair has washed out to white. If you look at the roots, you can see a bit of purple color.  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »
Ya, the German seaponies that I see online (even now) are pretty consistent with these bluer colors.   I don't have any MOC German images to know if they were sold that way, but there does seem to be a distinct difference in the dyes that were used.   ;)

I think I see the one you're looking at online, Whisper. It looks like Baby Wavedancer whose hair has washed out to white. If you look at the roots, you can see a bit of purple color.  :)

That's her!  Thank you for your help Ashlyne. :D Your girls are absolutely stunning too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:41:25 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 02:34:16 PM »
This pic is Einhornbaby's that she let me use for the website, but this is ONE version of Wavedancer MOC in German language packaging:
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/moc_wavedancer_ger_us_einhornbaby.jpg

In terms of IDing the watercolor babies, it's all in the finpaint xD. They can get stuck in different colour combinations, but the finpaint doesn't change. So the rule is:
Wavedancer: Dark Purple
Sealight: Yellow
Seawinkle:Aqua
Misty: Lavender
Foamy: Pink
Seashore: Orange

I only have two on European style German cards, and not Wavedancer, but I don't know if this adds to the wider discussion at all about the colouring...? These are the two I have, and with what I would consider proper European style cards, rather than the US style one above:
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/seashore.htm
Seashore and
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/wc_foamy.htm
Foamy.
They do seem quite brightly coloured, looking at them after the discussion, but I dunno...

For the record, I don't think they're 'german', but European, as there is a UK card that matches this Euro German card style - they just seem more common in Germany. Germany seem to have had them on US style and Euro style cards (both in German) so would have had a full set - we only had the four on the Euro cards, and not, apparently, in very great numbers...so it depends on whether the ones we're discussing as darker came on European art or US art cards. This is especially since I think some of the US carded ones I've seen are quite bold in colour, too, for example:
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/wc_seawinkle.htm
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:37:28 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 12:59:56 AM »
Wow, so many differences watercolours.  It makes me want to re-check which of them I have exactly according to the fin colours.

edit: just checked, well no doubles and still need Seashore. Now I need to remember "orange fins"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:15:14 AM by Barnacle_lady »

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 01:59:13 AM »
It's probably a watercolor baby seapony. The ones I got from Germany seem to be different in color.   My Germany Baby Wavedancer is a much darker blue than the aqua one from the USA. It's possible you have this one since she's in Baby Tiny Bubble's pose. The hair fades out to white really easily.   The only other blue/aqua one would be Seashore. Most of the ones from the US that I've seen are yellow with white hair, but the ones from Germany that I have are full blue or in the stages of turning blue and look aqua.   It's possible these color differences span out beyond Germany, but I don't have that information.  Hope this helps!  :)

I dont think the color defference indicates that this sea pony is german. I have a german MOC with the pony inside being very pale. I think its more of a production thing and different plastic-aging or something :) ive found various shades of color from the Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies set on german fleamarkets in the past years.
My own Baby Sea Pony from my childhood (it was this particular one, dont have it anymore sadly) was dark blue but came in a different (and later used) packaging than the MOC I own now, so that makes me think its a production batch thing.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:01:50 AM by Einhornbaby »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 09:05:22 AM »

I dont think the color defference indicates that this sea pony is german. I have a german MOC with the pony inside being very pale. I think its more of a production thing and different plastic-aging or something :) ive found various shades of color from the Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies set on german fleamarkets in the past years.
My own Baby Sea Pony from my childhood (it was this particular one, dont have it anymore sadly) was dark blue but came in a different (and later used) packaging than the MOC I own now, so that makes me think its a production batch thing.

Your girls are lovely.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 12:18:37 PM »
I do not think it has to do with plastic aging, I think it's more about the temperature they were stored at. Since they are color changing I think it has to do with the amount of times they've been introduced to hot and cold water. Some color changing toys get permanently stuck when you "shock" them with really hot water.

I think over the years they get stuck and stay a certain color due to temperature and how many times they have been exposed to hot water with the more faded pastel ones being the ones exposed to hot water more.

Just a side question: does anyone own a water color sea pony that still truly works? I've seen some that somewhat work, but never one that fully changes. Has anyone ever open a moc one and tried? (Gasps I know, not recommending it but you know how things are sometimes)
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 01:49:16 PM »
So many years have passed and so many of these girls  vary so much in colour variation. I dont think I would be at all surprised that Europe have a slight colour variation from the North American releases - we see this with so much of this minor variety in sets due simply to timing of manufacture. But I also think a lot of the variety is simply batch differences and different exposures...so a little of both :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 07:13:08 AM »
I dont own any that change really fast but those I have do still change. Not all of them I think, gotta to test them :P
When I was a kid, I saw these commercials : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Di-et7ktXc  Right the first one is for the Watercolor Baby Seaponies and it shows them changing super fast!! I always imagined they would change that way but to my surprise,... they didnt, even not when they were brand new. I owned the dark blue one back then and she needed more than 1 minute and really hot water to change :/ I was truly disappointed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal