collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney's Zootopia movie (Spoiler Warning ! )  (Read 3627 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Disney's Zootopia movie (Spoiler Warning ! )
« on: March 04, 2016, 04:52:05 PM »
Has anyone else seen this movie yet? I really liked it alot and (dare I say) I liked it a bit more than Big Hero 6. Ended up seeing it twice because the first time, they accidently played the 2D version insteas of the 3D version.

The animation is very nice, and I was surprised that I liked all of the characters in the movie. It was fun watching Nick and Judy interact with each other, and I liked Flash (the sloth) more than I thought I would.

Also have to give the movie props on how they handled the movie's themes. Enough to where you got the message, but it didn't feel like it was being "preachy" about it, if that makes sense.  Quite a few sad and touching moments in it as well.

If I had to say a few things:
Spoiler
- Despite her being the villain in the movie, I really liked Bellweather a lot. I thought she was a cute character, and loved that her voice had that not too obvious lamb/sheep-ness to it at times.
I find it funny though that if she hadn't met up with Nick and Judy inside the museum(?), her plan could have worked.

- Nick's backstory got to me. Nearly teared up in the theatre the first time I saw it. 

- I wanted to see a bit more of Shakira's character. Gazelle. I did like how they actually had a (somewhat important) scene with her in the movie, and not just had her as a "celebrity character who sings the movie's theme song".

- The "elephant in the room" scene made me laugh more than I should have, for some reason. I guess the facial expressions was part of it.

- Was NOT expecting that to be Finnick's voice.

The sooner it comes to DVD/Blu-Ray, the better! :D
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Disney's Zootopia movie (Spoiler Warning ! )
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »
I saw it on Thursday and its seriously one of my favorite Disney movies!!!!!

Spoiler

So. Many. Frozen references....like everywhere. The weasle was even the same VA as the guy who played the guy from "weasle-town" x,D I saw there were two elephants dressed as Anna and Elsa, Elsa shooting her snowflake, and I think an elephant wearing kristoffs clothing. Then there was, "life isn't some happy musical number...Let it Go."

I loved all the um...."species" jokes and stereotypes. Almost like they were being slightly racist but in a way that wasn't offensive.

So many adult jokes LOL!

Is it WEIRD I'm attracted to Nick!? Because he is just so much handsome and awesome.

I think I recall seeing a shot where Judy and Nick hugged- it looked like Robin Hood and Skippy! xD

Did you guys catch the movies the weasel was selling??? Easter eggs of upcoming movies and LOL maximus was dressed as Rapunzel.

Shakira played that gazel....I love that gazel!

Is fennick without a job now, is he still making PAWpcicles? It showed nick eating one at the end so I assume that he still does.... I really liked Fennick. Totally gangster.

I think we need to talk about the star of the show- THAT PEN!!!! They NEEEEED to mass-produce that thing! I WANT ONE!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:20:56 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:28:05 PM »
Not seen it yet, but can't wait!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:03:19 PM »
I saw it on Thursday and its seriously one of my favorite Disney movies!!!!!

Spoiler

So. Many. Frozen references....like everywhere. The weasle was even the same VA as the guy who played the guy from "weasle-town" x,D I saw there were two elephants dressed as Anna and Elsa, Elsa shooting her snowflake, and I think an elephant wearing kristoffs clothing. Then there was, "life isn't some happy musical number...Let it Go."

I loved all the um...."species" jokes and stereotypes. Almost like they were being slightly racist but in a way that wasn't offensive.

So many adult jokes LOL!

Is it WEIRD I'm attracted to Nick!? Because he is just so much handsome and awesome.

I think I recall seeing a shot where Judy and Nick hugged- it looked like Robin Hood and Skippy! xD

Did you guys catch the movies the weasel was selling??? Easter eggs of upcoming movies and LOL maximus was dressed as Rapunzel.

Shakira played that gazel....I love that gazel!

Is fennick without a job now, is he still making PAWpcicles? It showed nick eating one at the end so I assume that he still does.... I really liked Fennick. Totally gangster.

I think we need to talk about the star of the show- THAT PEN!!!! They NEEEEED to mass-produce that thing! I WANT ONE!

Spoiler

- It's funny how I caught just about all of the Frozen jokes EXCEPT for the one with Chief Bogo telling Judy to Let it Go. xD I loved how they actually used the whole "Weaselton" joke from Frozen and put it in this movie.  Speaking of Duke, I giggled at all the bootleg movies he was selling. I totally want to see Meowana and Pig Hero 6.

- I felt so dumb when I didnt realize how the joke Nick told Flash at the DMV could be understood as an adult joke.  xD No wonder Flash laughed so hard.

- Nick is such a neat character, and I kinda want to know what all he has been doing before he met with Judy (besides the obvious con artist thing).  I really want to know a bit more about him when Nick was spending time with Mr. Big.

- I would imagine that Finnick still has that job. Although considering his partner in crime is now a cop, I'm wondering how he (Finnick) is getting away with it.

- By pen, you mean the Carrot pen that can record voices? I am almost certain that that is an actual toy/product, but I can't remember where it's sold at. Part of me wants to say it's a Disney Store toy.

Not seen it yet, but can't wait!

I hope you enjoy the movie! :D Are you going to see it in 2D or 3D?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 06:19:54 AM »
Haven't. But we will. Hubby has become obsessed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Princess Lala

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 07:34:22 AM »
YESS!!!
Spoiler
THAT PEN! :dribble
:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 05:33:42 AM »
I was so excited about this movie and it didn't dissapoint! It was pure gold. The topic is so important especially for us europeans today with the mass of refugees coming and them being "different" and I really liked the subtetly of it (hope I spelled it right). I hope it will have a great influence on the kids who are watching. Also, that awesome pen.. I want one.

I read this thread and realised I missed all of the Frozen references. Granted I did watch the English speech/swedish sub version so it not being my first language might have been part of that but now I really want to see it again and hope I catch on. I love Frozen :heart:.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 06:49:03 AM »
I just saw this last night and I really liked it! Wouldn't mind seeing it again, and that song is going to be replayed nonstop in my house for a few hours/days.  :P Loved it! Loved the characters and the environments they created.  :bigups:

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 02:57:30 PM »
I really want to see it, so I'm happy it's doing so well.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 04:28:27 PM »
I just saw it! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. The trailers were giving me flashbacks to The Wild.... One of the few Disney movies that I didn't care for.

And the Disney Store DOES sell Judy's pen!
http://www.disneystore.com/carrot-recorder-pen-zootopia/mp/1393535/1026201/

sailorstitch

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 04:20:07 AM »
I loved it! I really want a sequel to explore the parts of the city that they mentioned in the movie but didn't show us.

And when she comes in on the train and sees Zootopia and the insides, that was just... really beautiful. I love good set design like that.

I'm so gonna need the art of book for this.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Princess Lala

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 04:33:25 AM »
I just saw it! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. The trailers were giving me flashbacks to The Wild.... One of the few Disney movies that I didn't care for.

sailorstitch
:frolic: :frolic: :frolic:

Thank youuu! Why didn't I think to look there!? LOL! Looks like I'm going shopping at the mall!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Disney\'s Zootopia movie (Spoiler Warning ! )
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 06:49:30 AM »

sailorstitch

Yep, I am totally going to buy this pen.

Post Merge: March 07, 2016, 07:16:14 AM

Bah. Six dollar shipping or $15 mark-up on Amazon. Looks like I'm heading to the big mall. :/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:16:14 AM by ponyqueen »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 01:26:12 PM »
It's definitely one of those movies you should watch multiple times. There are so much neat things that happen in the background that you dont catcn the first time around.
If the weather gets better where I live, I plan in seeing it again for the third time. xD

I am almost certain that they are going to make a sequel for this film, with how well its doing worldwide.

You know, I actually forgot that movie existed. xD I kinda think Disney wants people to forget about it, too.

I loved it! I really want a sequel to explore the parts of the city that they mentioned in the movie but didn't show us.

And when she comes in on the train and sees Zootopia and the insides, that was just... really beautiful. I love good set design like that.

I'm so gonna need the art of book for this.
I wanna see more of the city as well! Especially the other districts.  And I adored that scene when Judy goes into the city - I think having the song "Try Everything" playing during that part was a nice touch.

I wanna try to see the art book in person before I buy it, but I totally gotta see the art process for this movie. The few art concepts I've seen only were quite nice and neat how some of the characters changed in appearance compared to their final look.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 01:38:30 PM »
Saw it last night with kiddo and boyfriend. We enjoyed it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal