collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A not so agradable doctor...  (Read 308 times)

Offline Sochy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
A not so agradable doctor...
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:23:15 AM »
Well, long story short, I have a home hospitalization for already more than one week due a virus. Im much better now! But I still have to recive visit from doctors everyday in order to check my evolution until my blood exams are ready.

Basically everyday I see a diferent doctor, some or them were good, other a simply "ok", they come, check my signals, fill the form and go away, simple as that.

But today... oh today...

For those who dont know, I have my Pony collection in the living room.At the moment you open the door to enter to the house, you can see them in their cabinet.

When the doctor just arrive, she was like "Oh wow, what a colorfull collection... they belong to...?" Obviously, I tell her their are mine, and she dont ask anything else, just sit in the couch and start to ask me questions.

Everything was cool, until the moment she got up to leave. "I think you need to get rid of them already" she said "You are already too old!" (For those who want to know, Im 19 years old, My 20th b-day in in april). I tell her calmly that I love them at for the moment their are just going to stay where they are.

"If my daughter come to me with something like that, I SURE won't let her do it" She reply. At that moment, I was a ball of angry. I just leave the livingroom and let her with my mother.

Im still really mad. I mean, if you are a doctor... please... dont make comment like that!  :cry: They hurt a lot... and I feel a bit bad for the doctor's daughter if she dont let her have hobbies...

NON of the other doctors said me something bad about my ponies before! Only other two make some comment, one was a nurse that come to take some blood for an exam and she love them and the other was a doctor that said their were really pretty and her girlfriend sure would love them.

Sorry if I have some gramatical error... Im really angry while Im writhing this  >_< I think Im going to move my collection to the dinning room where is more diffult see them... but is a really dark place to display them.  :(

Some of you have an experience like this one before? Non specificaly with a doctor, but maybe some other random person in your house?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:15:53 AM by Sochy »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Art/Free Art (Closed)/Wishlist

Amazing little Dulce de Leche pixel by Weebkinz!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A not so agradable doctor...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:33:25 AM »
Frankly, I'd leave them where they are. Who cares what she thinks?

She's there to work, not to criticize your personal interests - interests that pose no threat to your health and well-being. I'm sorry that she felt entitled to criticize your collecting.
"If my daughter come to me with something like that, I SURE won't let her do it"
You're not her daughter, and you never will be.

On the bright side, glad to hear you're feeling better. <3
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »
That's terribly unprofessional of that doctor. :(

Like she has to come into your home to care for you, and she insults your hobbies.. It's none of her business at all, and she sounds like a jerk! Id not listen to anything she had to say. Your collection makes you happy and it's not hurting anyone, especially not her!

I think you should keep your collection right where it is, if it's in a place that you can easily see them and be comforted by their sight.

I know especially when I'm feeling ill, I like to look at my toys and rearrange them, as they sit on a shelf beside my bed. It really cheers me up. So I don't think you should change something that brings you joy, just because someone said something negative about it. :(
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:42:26 AM »
That's none of her business and is very unprofessional.  You can report her for it.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:24:01 AM »
I'd report them for sure!
absolutely out of line, uncalled for, and unprofessional.
I'm over 30 and when the cable guy came to set things up and saw my G3 popup castle full of ponies (among other things) he asked if I had kids. Proudly told him those were MY ponies. there was some talk about how they were collectors items now, cool to see them, etc...but none of this "you're too old" nonsense!!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 11:43:00 AM »
Locking as this is a WYP post and you do not have enough posts to access that feature of the site yet.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal