collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show Me ....Mimic!  (Read 8482 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Show Me ....Mimic!
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 02:49:42 PM »
Oh!! pictures we've drawn count?? GOODIE!! I have one! I did it probably ten years ago. I should probably attempt to revisit it someday and do an updated version but back then I considered it my best work!

Oh, excuse the watermark :( I lost the original to a computer crash and the only version I could find was the one on DA with a watermark

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

OMG....that is absolutely stunning work! Wow
:dropjaw:

Post Merge: March 02, 2016, 02:51:39 PM

ajbunny- yep I painted that girl... gosh, last fall I think!  ^.^

Well, she is adorable! I would love someone to paint me AJ one day!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:51:39 PM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »
I hope you can get her soon!

I do love the TE's...

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
I hope you can get her soon!

I do love the TE's...

Oohh la la.. Yet another gorgeous girl! :D
Me too! :)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2016, 05:50:42 PM »
Thanks fo rthe kind words guys ;-;

You all have such lovely Mimics! And that painting is so cool!

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 07:22:42 PM »
all these lovely mimics are making me covet her more and more...she's got many characteristics that I enjoy. She looks even better in these photos than ones I've seen in the past, making me want her more than i already did :P

Offline Shadowfax_22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 07:27:47 PM »

Here is a group picture of Mimics from a pony meet in Minnesota a few years ago.  I do not own a Mimic, but I made a custom of her using a bait Skyflier- she is in the photo, propped up against a rock. 

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2016, 07:29:52 PM »

Here is a group picture of Mimics from a pony meet in Minnesota a few years ago.  I do not own a Mimic, but I made a custom of her using a bait Skyflier- she is in the photo, propped up against a rock. 

You should have seen my reaction upon seeing this picture....I flailed....

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2016, 07:57:46 PM »

Thats my childhood Minic. I disliked her, a lot. Which means she not only survived my childhood customizing and haircuts but also survived pretty intact. Minor mane and tail cut and symbol is a bit faded on one side but shes much better off then my poor Magic Star (who went on many adventures including water, dirt, mud, grass, magic marker, fabric paint, and scissors). Mimic stayed home.

She did go to another pony collectors pony spa a few years back for some primping though!
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 06:46:18 AM »

::twitches and drools::

:drunk:

Post Merge: March 03, 2016, 07:10:26 AM

Thats my childhood Minic. I disliked her, a lot. Which means she not only survived my childhood customizing and haircuts but also survived pretty intact. Minor mane and tail cut and symbol is a bit faded on one side but shes much better off then my poor Magic Star (who went on many adventures including water, dirt, mud, grass, magic marker, fabric paint, and scissors). Mimic stayed home.

She did go to another pony collectors pony spa a few years back for some primping though!

Look at that twinkle-y eye!!  ^.^
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:10:26 AM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2016, 08:22:23 AM »

You should have seen my reaction upon seeing this picture....I flailed....

Haha, you and me both! I've heard tales of someone who has a Mimic army, and I thought this was it. Still cool to see them all together.

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2016, 12:11:24 PM »
I've been lucky enough to own three different Mimics since I've started collecting. The first I sold on ebay because I wasn't really into ponies at the time and needed some quick cash. The second I bought from ebay and she had a horn that had been sharpened with a pencil sharpener!!! :yikes: I was so upset as this was supposed to be a replacement for the first one I sold. I ended up selling her to a member of the pony arena.

The THIRD Mimic came to me in a HUGE lot of ponies from eBay so I wasn't expecting her to be in stellar shape with as many ponies that were in that listing (i think it was around 70?!!) However, when she arrived to me, I was overjoyed because she was almost in MINT condition!! Absolutely NO rubs to the iridescent gems of her eyes (which was unheard of to me with TEs!), only one minor symbol rub on NDS and absolutely no highlighter/ink/chew marks at all. It seemed that her tail had been given a slight trim but it doesn't look too bad. Her mane and tail were a bit wild and crazy at first so I intensively shampooed and conditioned her several times and this was the amazing result! :whoa:

This is the one Mimic that I've grown very attached to and I've had her around 7-8 years now. :lovey: I've decided after all the struggle I went through to obtain her and restore her that she's mine for keeps and never leaving my collection again! :happy:

She even still has the PINK stripe in her hair!! It's a very muted light pink but that still counts! I've shown it here so you can see it more clearly! :P

I never really understood the fascination with Mimic until I finally got to see her in person. She really is a stunningly unique pony. And an unicorn that's not pink or purple which makes her that much more special! :bigups:

This barrette doesn't belong to her however, I think it looks nice! (it's from Talking Princess
Twilight Sparkle)  :P
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2016, 12:28:51 PM »
Ooohh!!

:drunk:

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2016, 12:55:50 PM »
The tail on mine isn't all one length but that makes it look way cooler for styling. That's why I figured someone had trimmed it to some different lengths. It doesn't look poorly, though so I'm ok with it! :happy:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2016, 01:08:16 PM »
This is a Mimic I have in my personal collection (this is when I first picked her up) and I also have another. The second one will be for sale once she's done sun bathing. She has been sitting in a sunny window for the past 3 months, I'm trying to get rid of bright red nail polish that has seeped into her plastic. So far so good as it is slowly fading but it's defiantly taking forever. >_<

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2016, 01:26:22 PM »
I've never tried sun bathing away marks but I hear it works well if you have the patience! Would love to see before and after pics when you're finished!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal