collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check: MOC baby seaponies & more - any help would be appreciated :)  (Read 713 times)

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I'm totally kicking myself right now.  I'm rather new to buying MOC ponies, and so I'm not sure about what they are worth.  Originally, I thought it was around $100/MOC pony.   :huh: :(    I just bought a lot of MOC ponies on ebay for several hundred and now, I'm not sure if they're worth what I paid.  *head desk*  It's the first time I've paid over a hundred dollars for ponies, and I was hoping to use these to trade for MOC So-softs, which are my grail ponies. 

I could really, really use some help with these.  :what:   Any guesses would be welcome.  :)  Cards are in good shape.

MOC water color baby sea ponies:
Seawinkle, Misty, Foamy, Sealight, Seashore & Wavedancer.

MOC Raspberry Jam
MOC Strawberry Surprise
MOC TE Masquerade

MIP mail order Snuzzle, Minty, & Butterscotch

The lot also came with:

Blueberry Baskets ~ Mint, recently freed from card w/original accessories & original card & plastic included.
Boysenberry Pie ~ No scratches, few discolored/spots. no accessories.

Tic Tac Toe ~ Mint, recently freed from card w/original accessories.
Whizzer ~ Recently freed from card, good condition other than a few marks on right side (opposite of what is currently displayed). Original Card & plastic is included.

Two (2) Adult Sea Ponies ~ Wavedancer(Mint, Gorgeous) and Sealight(Loose Magnet, Stained)

2 Original Clam Shells (Fuschia & Green) for the above Adult Sea Ponies.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:25:56 AM by Nimrodel »
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check: MOC baby seaponies & more - PLEASE help!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 01:37:09 AM »
I think that's pretty standard, around $100.  I don't have a massive MOC collection by any means but I think that's pretty reasonable, especially if you bought them on ebay, where prices are always high!  Sounds like an awesome lot of ponies there! slightly jealous  :biggrin:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 01:56:04 AM »
I think baby seaponies are a eh pretty good deal at $100. I feel like people will usually stretch to like $130 for them. That is if the cards are in like great shape. I guess I'd say it's kind of a standard price.

Of them I'd say Masquerade would be lower, because that Chilean seller or wherever she is pumps those suckers out (and some other TEs and TAFs) like she manufactures them herself. More like $50-$60 I'd say.

I could see Rasp Jam and Strawberry Surprise going for $90-$100. Want Rasp Jam.

Oh and the MIP ones are like $40.

Dunno about the loose ones, I'm a MOC collector so I generally have no idea for anything other than merch and MOC.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 05:54:59 AM »
Tic Tac Toe having been decarded is a major hit on her value, even with a US card she's not so very common MOC. Same applies to Blueberry Baskets. She's quite sought after loose but MOC would've been more so I think. So that's a hit. Makes me sad when people do that, but it can't be undone so moving on.

Whizzer and all her stuff - they're pretty common right now , the TEs and the TAFs from the first sets on US cards, and some of them are averaging around $50ish because of sheer quantity.

I can't comment for sure on the watercolor baby sea ponies MOC as I got mine a long time ago when nobody wanted sea ponies, but I do remember that Misty is more hard to find. (Mine fell of her card, sigh ><).  All six of them together would probably be quite desireable tbh. And the loose Watercolor ponies have colour change issues, so...
The last sea ponies I bought MOC were about equivalent $60 but that was in person at a toy fair. For me, unless it's Sea Sparkle Baby Sea Ponies, $100 is high. Even for UK carded with puffy stickers, that sometimes drive the price up. There have been a few of those lately which have sat around at around $100. So I would say maybe more $80 each for the Watercolors unless you can do better with them as a set - with Misty maybe being more because she IS more hard to find.

No idea about the Sweetberry MOC ponies. I suspect that depends on the buyer/trader.

In terms of MOC SS, some of them are just as frequently around online as some of the TE and I don't see why you wouldnt be able to trade some of what you have for those, if you wanted to.

MOC prices are literally from $30ish if you're lucky to $1000ish for Mimic...so yeah. It really does depend on set, buyer and how many there have been on ebay in recent times.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:01:26 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 11:17:49 AM »
Oh my goodness, THANK YOU all for your help with this!   :biggrin:   I feel loads better.   :happy:  I'm going to be bringing them to the Pony Fair in Chicago if anyone has any SS MOC's and want to trade.  :)

daffodil101:  Thank you!  :-D  You probably have a lot more experience than me, and yes, they were from ebay.  :)

Ponycake:  Whew, thank you!  I thought $100 was standard too, but without much experience, I really wanted opinions from experienced MOC collectors.   :biggrin:

Taffeta:  Agreed, I was bummed that TicTacToe & Blueberry Baskets had been decarded.  I think they might have been coming apart from the card, from what I can tell in the pictures.  But I am so thrilled to finally get TicTacToe!  I've been looking for a minty one for ages.  :-D    Thank you for the tip about Misty!  I totally didn't know if any of them were rare or common.   :blush:
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I think the key thing to remember is that MOC or loose different ponies have different values :)

It sounds like you did well.

The Watercolour sea ponies dont tend to be quite as popular as some others and they also pop up more often.

MOC Seawinkle - $80
MOC Misty - $70
MOC Foamy - $80
MOC Sealight - $70
MOC Seashore - $70
MOC Wavedancer - $70

MOC Raspberry Jam - $90
MOC Strawberry Surprise - $110
MOC TE Masquerade - $75

MIP mail order Snuzzle, Minty, & Butterscotch - they tend to run $25-35ish each

Blueberry Baskets ~ Mint, recently freed from card w/original accessories & original card & plastic included - she will just be a loose value unfortunately (as will the other girls just off their cards) - $30-32
Boysenberry Pie ~ No scratches, few discolored/spots. no accessories - $6 (I am putting her low as the discolouring will knock her price but it depends on how bad it is)

Tic Tac Toe ~ Mint, recently freed from card w/original accessories - $12-14

Whizzer ~ Recently freed from card, good condition other than a few marks on right side (opposite of what is currently displayed). Original Card & plastic is included - $8

Two (2) Adult Sea Ponies ~ Wavedancer(Mint, Gorgeous) - $7-8 and Sealight(Loose Magnet, Stained) - $6

2 Original Clam Shells (Fuschia & Green) for the above Adult Sea Ponies - $25-30 each

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal