collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay Help?  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Leigh_Lu

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
eBay Help?
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:25:08 AM »
So last week I ordered a clay machine from a seller on eBay. The photos looked good so I bid and won it. It got here quick. Probably the fastest shipping I've ever gotten. Unpacked it from the box and the gear to change thickness doesn't work, and neither does the handle to crank it.
I bought a clay machine that won't roll at all  :blush:
So I sent a return claim to the seller and she's offering me a 60% partial refund and "the ability to keep the item". She says that she's sorry and that she bought it at an auction and didn't know what it did or how it worked so she couldn't check it.
Part of me doesn't want to make her angry or cause a fuss because she is offering 60% of my money and because it was a pretty heavy thing to ship in the first place. But, another part of me is mad that when all is said and done I will have paid her to send me a piece of garbage in the mail. I don't want to keep this -- it's broken and she had no business selling it if she couldn't test it at home!
What should I do?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:26:56 AM by Leigh_Lu »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: eBay Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:33:09 AM »
Honestly, it is the seller's fault, and if she's not offering you a full refund to keep it then I would send it back for a full refund and this means filing a not as described case.

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 06:02:56 AM »
Honestly, it is the seller's fault, and if she's not offering you a full refund to keep it then I would send it back for a full refund and this means filing a not as described case.

Agree with bluerose, it's not like you can do anything with it. I wouldn't worry because you are being honest. good luck! X

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 04:01:45 AM »
you've already opened a claim, right? then she is allowed to send you another option  (so shes saying keep the item and have a partial refund) but if you don't agree to that you can still say that you'd like a full refund and to return it. Be polite and thank her for her offer of course  ,  say something to the effect of :
 " Thank you so much for your kind offer to let me keep the item and have a partial refund. I appreciate that. Unfortunately though I have no use for this item because it does not work , so instead I'd still like to send it back for a full refund
Kind regards and best wishes
(your name)"
or however you end your messages - write something like that, in your own words if you prefer, and then hold out for a full refund on the case.  Even if your seller refuses to do a full refund/return, ebay will step in and make them if necessary , but hopefully the polite message should solve the issue more amicably ;)
Hope that helps a bit
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 01:34:59 PM »
One thing occurs...the original item description, did it mention the condition of the item, whether it had been tested, whether she knew it was working or had not tested it?

That may hinge your verdict on getting a full refund or not. I suggest you check all the fine details of the auction before you refuse her offer, as, if she stated she didn't know how it worked or couldn't test it, you essentially are responsible, and the partial refund may be the best bet, but if she made no mention of it at all, then you might be able to get the refund you want.

It SOUNDS from her reaction that she didn't write that in the auction, but check it, just in case it's there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal