collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sweet Dreams Crib Variations?  (Read 638 times)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Sweet Dreams Crib Variations?
« on: February 22, 2016, 01:37:36 PM »
Hi All,

I have two different variants of the Sweet Dreams Crib in my collection.  One has a yellow bottom (mattress I guess) with blue wheels and another has a pink mattress/bottom with white wheels that are actually molded into the crib head and foot board.  Each version also has different decals on the front and headboard.  Does anyone know if these were two different releases, like a first edition and a second edition or maybe a US and a Euro release or mail order vs. non mail order?  I'm really stumped by them.  Until recently I thought all the Sweet Dreams cribs were the yellow with blue wheels variety and all the sites I've looked at thus far only list that version.  I can post pictures later tonight if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Here are some photos of the pink Sweet Dreams Crib.  As you can see, the primary differences are the molded white wheels, the different stickers and the pink mattress.  Any ideas why this one is different than the standard yellow release?

Side By Side Comparison:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Stickers on other side:

Side View:

Close Up of Stickers:

Detail of molded wheels:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:58:51 PM by brighteyes »
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Sweet Dreams Crib Variations?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »
I don't know about a pink mattress version, but I do know of variations of the colour of pieces within the set. This is all the images I have for the issue we had here, which I am 99% sure is the same as in continental Europe as well - but I don't know if there are other variations...as you can see, yellow base on box, insert and playset so :-/

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/1988_sweetdreamscrib.htm

It would be awesome to see pics of the variation you have o.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 02:42:16 PM »
I don't know about a pink mattress version, but I do know of variations of the colour of pieces within the set. This is all the images I have for the issue we had here, which I am 99% sure is the same as in continental Europe as well - but I don't know if there are other variations...as you can see, yellow base on box, insert and playset so :-/

Hmmm now I'm even more curious!  I will take photos of both versions and post them tonight.  What really has me stumped is the different stickers/decals and the molded wheels on the pink version :huh:  It's like...  a completely different design than the yellow release.

I have to tell you how much I love your website!  It's always on my top list of places to get pony info because of all the detailed descriptions and photos.  Thank you so much for this great resource.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 03:04:07 PM »

Hmmm now I'm even more curious!  I will take photos of both versions and post them tonight.  What really has me stumped is the different stickers/decals and the molded wheels on the pink version :huh:  It's like...  a completely different design than the yellow release.
It is definitely a SDC? I seem to remember there might have been a crib with some of the other 80 toy lines around the same time, and Hasbro sometimes swapped parts if it was a toy they produced..?

I have to tell you how much I love your website!  It's always on my top list of places to get pony info because of all the detailed descriptions and photos.  Thank you so much for this great resource.

Thank you! :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
 It is definitely a sweet dreams crib. It looks the same in terms of overall design with the main difference is being the color of the mattress and the wheels being completely different design on the headboard and footboard.  Also the stickers are different.  In the other sweet dreams crib I have the wheels can roll and can even come off the headboard. But in the pink version they are molded to the headboard and footboard. It's so weird!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »
It is definitely a sweet dreams crib. It looks the same in terms of overall design with the main difference is being the color of the mattress and the wheels being completely different design on the headboard and footboard.  Also the stickers are different.  In the other sweet dreams crib I have the wheels can roll and can even come off the headboard. But in the pink version they are molded to the headboard and footboard. It's so weird!

Hrm. REALLY curious to see pictures of it now!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »
Okay I've updated the first post with photos.  So, does anyone know why this crib is different from the standard yellow release? 

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 06:23:14 PM »
Seems likely Hasbro reused the SD Crib for another toyline?  They did that with quite a few accessories, like the Sweetie Pups got MLP baby bottles.  Actually those are puppies on the stickers, aren't they?  Wonder if this was also a Sweetie Pups repurpose.  The moulded wheels would have made it a bit less expensive - fewer parts, less assembly.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 06:29:06 PM »
Seems likely Hasbro reused the SD Crib for another toyline?  They did that with quite a few accessories, like the Sweetie Pups got MLP baby bottles.  Actually those are puppies on the stickers, aren't they?  Wonder if this was also a Sweetie Pups repurpose.  The moulded wheels would have made it a bit less expensive - fewer parts, less assembly.

We have a winner!  I just googled Hasbro Puppies and found an image:

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/petsurprise-puppy.htm

It's all the way at the bottom of the page.  Weird!  Well now we know where it came from :D

ETA: Here's a link with more info about it: https://sites.google.com/site/timpersock/accessories-sets  Looks like the Mobile doesn't belong with the crib. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:40:47 PM by brighteyes »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 06:40:04 PM »
Oh wow . . . and isn't the set next to them on that page based on the Newborn Twins stroller?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »
Ah, glad the mystery is solved! Hasbro really didn't mind saving money by recycling ideas, did they...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal