collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Queen Chrysalis & Nightmare Moon  (Read 9874 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Funko Vinyl Queen Chrysalis & Nightmare Moon
« on: February 21, 2016, 06:11:29 PM »
Well as many of you know Queen Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon Funko vinyls are suppose to be coming out soon, however I recently talked to Hot Topic on Facebook and found out they are phasing out all MLP, including the vinyls does this mean other stores will get the pre-releases? Or will multiple stores have them available in the future? Or does this mean we won't be getting them? :sad:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The prototype photos usually pop a few weeks/couple months before the ponies are released or at least up for preorder. However the prototypes showed up October 1st 2015 that was almost 5 months ago! This is strange... could have been an error with them they had to fix? The production time taking awhile? Etc?

The first wave of 2015 was Shining Armor, Princess Candace, and Spike however these didn't show up for preorder until Mid-March and released at the end of March. So if this year is anything like last year then we should be seeing them soon within a month. However those three were shown at Toy Fair 2015 and no ponies were at Toy Fair 2016 I was expecting to see the finished versions of them there however no luck...

So what do you guys think? Are they still coming soon, or not? I think it would be a huge mistake to release Maud and Cheese instead of Nightmare and Chrysalis those were two of the most anticipated vinyl figures...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:16:34 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Queen Chrysalis & Nightmare Moon
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 06:37:19 PM »
I don't think we'll be seeing them, or if we do it won't be anytime soon. Funko's pacing for these has been really fast, and the fact that they weren't even in the catalog is not a good sign. It is rather disappointing :/ I would have loved Nightmare Moon to go along with my Luna.

It could also mean that they got held up with production by ending the contract with Hot Topic, though. If that's the case, they may not be ready to show them off until they find a new retailer. I'm following another of Funko's line, GoT Legacy, and that line is supposedly in a similar situation. The next wave for that line wasn't in the catalog either, but that's (supposedly) because Funko needs to re-evaluate its distribution. Supposedly. But then again, that line kinda seems up in the air too. So maybe this is just the long way to say that I don't know either lol.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »
I think I'm going to go with what was said on the Funko Funatic forum about these; that the production of them may be backed up due to their designs. Remember how Luna's tail was commonly found broken off when she and Celestia were released? I'd imagine they don't want that to happen again.

As far as Hot Topic no longer carrying these? Good! I'd much rather see these get released elsewhere, or multiple stores at once. I was getting pretty sick of them sticking the ponies on the highest shelf possible. Even now, I find the pony vinyls hidden behind other items, it's like they're not even trying.

I'll be pretty upset if Cheese Sandwich and Maud are the last pony vinyls we see, though.

I was worried that we might now see anything new since there wasn't anything at the Toy Fair, but I felt a little reassured when I realized they also didn't show any of the much anticipated Powerpuff Girls Pop! figures, not even concept drawings...but then Funko released a statement saying that we'll see PPG merch from them this summer! Meaning not everything is shown at the Toy Fair or in the catalog, so there's hope for ponies!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:42:54 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 06:55:11 PM »
Right a few good points you guys made. I'm sure the contract was up and they are figuring out what to do next. Honestly it would be cool with them on multiple online retailers and stores. I think we need to show our support and continue buying the vinyl ponies at Barnes & Noble so maybe they will pick up their own exclusives sadly most stores/retailers have not had their own exclusive characters so they don't know the potential, excect TRU however they goofed with many not being able to find them, no chases, and bad quality on the Spitfires and Bon Bons its a shame because it would have been nice to see multiple retailers get their own exclusives back then, but maybe thats what will happen now.

MLP is still very popular and with the movie and season 6 coming out soon, there will be lots more pony in the spotlight. Hot Topic is just tried of dealing with collectors I think and with the boring releases in 2015 I'm sure it hurt the sales. I mean the year started out exciting with Shining Armor, Cadance and Spike. But after that it was downhill with Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Maud, and Cheese who were not nearly as interesting as a wave like Princess Celestia and Luna. I think the villains would be extremely good sellers. I think also they should make limited runs of characters who aren't has popular that way they will still be high sellers due to them being limited.

As for the catalog and toy fair, we didn't see any new Hikaris even from Disney who are selling really well. Brian said that this was because they wanted to keep surprises coming each week, so they didn't show them. Maybe something similar for the vinyls ponies? Could be because they will be exclusives somewhere, store exclusives aren't in the catalog. Hot Topic is really going to miss out on this wave, Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon are basically the est two ponies that represent HOT TOPIC lol! They are dark, villains, and creep scary designs.

One other interesting thing Brain said I saw on this video on youtube was that the SDCC exclusives this year they are going to avoid variants and come up with several new characters and molds for their lines. He said most companies don't do this because it's very expensive, I wonder if they are saving these two for SDCC??

I sent Funko an email hoping to hear a response back soon.

For Sale Wants

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 07:09:11 AM »
I'm noticing Hot Topic is dwindling down the ponies.  So I'm kind of thinking My Little Pony is losing steam at least somewhat.  Perhaps Funko is trying to figure out how to distribute future figures?  If Hot Topic isn't going to carry a whole lot of pony stuff anymore, then I suppose Funko needs to find a new shop which carries more pony stuff. 
If anything, I'm hoping that even if they're ending the ponies, that they will still release Nightmare and Chrysalis as an ending line. 

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 07:41:31 AM »
I'm noticing Hot Topic is dwindling down the ponies.  So I'm kind of thinking My Little Pony is losing steam at least somewhat.  Perhaps Funko is trying to figure out how to distribute future figures?  If Hot Topic isn't going to carry a whole lot of pony stuff anymore, then I suppose Funko needs to find a new shop which carries more pony stuff. 
If anything, I'm hoping that even if they're ending the ponies, that they will still release Nightmare and Chrysalis as an ending line.

I noticed that too. First time I went to Hot Topic there were lots of MLP shirts, toys, and jewelry. Now there's only the Funko Vinyl ponies and maybe some bracelets.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »
You will probably be able to find them at Barnes n Noble, Toys r Us and Spencers.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 09:31:16 AM »
Unless they are SDCC exclusives.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 11:13:39 AM »
Not surprised if HT is phasing out MLP. Their stores used to have a ton of merch, but now outside of what little Funkos they have, there barely have anything. I have noticed that people would only look through the Funkos at my store to see if there were any variants/glitters, especially during that CMCs and Spike waves.
But I do hope they release the future figures in other stores at the same time, because in a way it was kinda pointless to have that 6 month exclusivity that HT had on them. Felt bad that by the other other stores get the new character, they just shelf sit for months until they go on clearance (and even then, someitmes they still sit around).

Totally can see this happening.  Infact, It wouldnt surprise me if that is what happens.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 11:16:08 AM »

I could see this happening. Especially since people weren't too pleased with having recolors as exclusives in the past (kinda wish they would kept with doing glitter variants as exclusives instead).
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 11:18:42 AM »

I could see this happening. Especially since people weren't too pleased with having recolors as exclusives in the past (kinda wish they would kept with doing glitter variants as exclusives instead).

Whats SDCC?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 11:22:07 AM »
Of course Hot Topic is cycling them out. They mostly focus on whats popular during the time and right now they're focusing more on Steven Universe, Star Wars, FNAF, Disney, etc. Pony was at peak popularity between 2012-2014 and it's time for them to move on.

I don't see any point in having them be SDCC exclusives honestly. Maybe a variant of them yeah but they might as well release these last two in other pop-culture stores and comic shops at the very least. If anything it might close off the MLP funko line.

Either way I'm not super into the funkos but they are my favorite villains and I'd like them to be released in full at some point cause I'm not too big on the mystery minis.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »
Its sad to see that ponies are no longer going to be found in the store. But I guess all things must come to an end.   

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »

Whats SDCC?

San Diego Comic Con.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 05:29:51 PM »
Very disappointing, I had hoped to eventually buy both of these. I guess this means no series 4 for the mystery minis as well. I know MLP has faded a bit in popularity but I wouldn't think funko and hot topic would be dropping it completely already.

If these really will remain unreleased I wonder why they chose Maud Pie and Cheese Sandwhich as the final pair? These would have been so much more popular and desirable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal