collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check- Rapunzel's Comb  (Read 1140 times)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Price Check- Rapunzel's Comb
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:05:53 AM »
Any idea on a fair price for Punzie's  comb?  Would it be fair to trade it for Chocolate Delights Soda?   Comb is in perfect condition as far as I can tell:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks for your help!

Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Price Check- Rapunzel's Comb
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:07:45 AM »
It may just be me, but I think Rapunzels comb is way more difficult to locate than the sipping soda ponies sodas!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 08:12:13 AM »
It may just be me, but I think Rapunzels comb is way more difficult to locate than the sipping soda ponies sodas!

I second that!

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 09:22:15 AM »
I bet Punzie's comb is more difficult to find, but I know those floats are super sought after and they always seem to sell for a lot of eBay so I wasn't sure.  Anyone have an idea on a price for Punzie's comb and a price for Choco Delights soda float?  I'm assuming it's less than her barrettes, though really I have no idea.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 09:44:07 AM »
I cant help you with a price, sorry :( I guess too its less than her barettes because those are so small and easy to lose but on the other hand, its the first time in years that I see this comb while the barettes have been up about 2 or 3 times.
Sorry, im no good help :/
But im 100% sure I would never ever trade my Punzie´s comb for a float (If I had even one of those items XD... one can dream...).

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »
I cant help you with a price, sorry :( I guess too its less than her barettes because those are so small and easy to lose but on the other hand, its the first time in years that I see this comb while the barettes have been up about 2 or 3 times.
Sorry, im no good help :/
But im 100% sure I would never ever trade my Punzie´s comb for a float (If I had even one of those items XD... one can dream...).

I guess my thought was that the barrettes have more display value because you can put them on Punzie and complete her look, while as the comb is just a comb, good for completing the set but not so much for display.  You can tell I'm not super into collecting combs  :lol: I found an old thread from 2012 that listed the comb and barrettes as 30-50$ but that same thread listed Punzie herself as 450-500. Prices have gone up soooo much since then.  I'm really unable to guess prices for things anymore  :yikes:

My daughter reaaaaaaly wants a float to go with Chocolate Delight and I've been watching eBay but they are just crazy expensive.  Maybe the best bet would be to throw the comb up on eBay and use the winnings to purchase a float since they aren't a 1:1 value trade?   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:11:51 PM by brighteyes »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 02:56:30 PM »
I'm not sure for her comb on it's own - I paid $570 for my Punzie (a few years ago), and she came with her pink barrette and comb.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 06:16:00 AM »
I think selling the comb at auction, then buying a soda float is the best way to go. :bigups: Those HTF mail order accessories are really tough to price.

I got Rapunzel's comb in a large accessory lot a few years back, so I have no price help, either.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 06:40:24 AM »
wow, my jaw dropped. I thought geeze, the float is about $7. of course you'll get more for your comb! until I looked up completed listings. I honestly don't know what to do here, because if the comb is correct it is for one of the most expensive US ponies. Good luck  selling. :)

My buddy is going to be so happy I'm an upgrade addict. she got my old soda sippin set years back when I bought deboxed ones.

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 07:15:35 AM »
wow, my jaw dropped. I thought geeze, the float is about $7. of course you'll get more for your comb! until I looked up completed listings. I honestly don't know what to do here, because if the comb is correct it is for one of the most expensive US ponies. Good luck  selling. :)

My buddy is going to be so happy I'm an upgrade addict. she got my old soda sippin set years back when I bought deboxed ones.

I know right!  One went for over 80$ which is what my estimation of Punzie's comb was if the prices have doubled since 2012 (as the cost of Punzie herself has).  My daughter is just in love with the soda sipping ponies and their floats so I really want to get her one but I also don't want to undervalue or overvalue the comb.  Kitkat you are so right, rare accessories are so hard to price!  I'm going to just put the comb up on eBay and see what happens.  I'll advertise the auction in the Sales arena and facebook and hope for the best :D

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
WOW. Those are much more expensive than I thought they would be! I was going to say that if you and the trader were both happy, then it seemed like a good deal- after all, the float does its thing, and the comb is... well, not just a comb, it appears!
Let us know what happens!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 12:54:21 PM »

I know right!  One went for over 80$ which is what my estimation of Punzie's comb was if the prices have doubled since 2012 (as the cost of Punzie herself has). 
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Wow, major congrats to the seller of the $80 float, but I don't think that's an average price... just one case of 2 bidders who *really* wanted it. Several ponies with their floats have ended between $28-56. I would guess the actual value of the float is more like $20-25. I think if you keep an eye out, you will find a float for much less than $80.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 04:32:53 PM »

I know right!  One went for over 80$ which is what my estimation of Punzie's comb was if the prices have doubled since 2012 (as the cost of Punzie herself has). 
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Wow, major congrats to the seller of the $80 float, but I don't think that's an average price... just one case of 2 bidders who *really* wanted it. Several ponies with their floats have ended between $28-56. I would guess the actual value of the float is more like $20-25. I think if you keep an eye out, you will find a float for much less than $80.

Yeah, that was my thought on the one that went for $80. Congrats to the seller. But even at $20-30 it's still a good chunk of coin. I guess I can understand as they are one of few ponies who look broken/incomplete to outsiders. I got asked "why did you drill a hole in that pony?" before. Makes a bit more sense having the float. :)

Offline jrr74

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 06:40:19 PM »
I got both sippin' ponies and the strawberry float on an eBay BIN auction for $60.00 just last year.  So I wouldn't go off the $80 price mark either.  Maybe I will make a mold of my one and paint it similar to the chocolate color scheme.  Have no way of replicating the straw, but for me, any straw will do.  Good luck with your search.
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal