collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who has the biggest G1 collection? :)  (Read 4185 times)

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
Who has the biggest G1 collection? :)
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:41:54 PM »
I've been wondering about this for a while, I know that sooo many mlp collectors have got huge G1 collections with full USA, UK sets and herds of Nirvanas as well,  and I wondered if there is or are there any known collectors with the most ponies in their collection? I really want to see pics of all of those together ponies haha, just a topic out of interest ^_^

Feel free to post up your own collection pics as well, love seeing them all! ^_^
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Who has the biggest G1 collection? :)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »
I think it would be tough to narrow down who has "the most". There are lots of collectors with well over 1,000 G1's, but then you get into the details of how to count. For example if someone has an army of a certain pony do each of those count or only ones that are truly different? Plus, if it becomes a contest of having more ponies than someone else it really takes a bit of the fun out of it. :P

Anyway, here are some panoramic pictures of my pony room (hopefully the upload alright)...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
Wow! What a fab collection! Wish I could come inspect all those ponies!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 04:32:43 PM »
Aadra also has a super huge collection. 

Who else?

Ummmmm  right!  MLPWhitney

And I feel like there is a UK member who is super close to a "complete" collection aside from hathorcat
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:48:31 PM »
I have mine limited to two full size hutches, an oversized bookshelf, and a two foot square box of the ones my daughter plays with.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 08:51:14 PM »
Not me ... :(

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »
I think it would be tough to narrow down who has "the most". There are lots of collectors with well over 1,000 G1's, but then you get into the details of how to count. For example if someone has an army of a certain pony do each of those count or only ones that are truly different? Plus, if it becomes a contest of having more ponies than someone else it really takes a bit of the fun out of it. :P

Anyway, here are some panoramic pictures of my pony room (hopefully the upload alright)...

@_@ can we view this larger somewhere?

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 10:39:16 PM »
I am not sure who has biggest... Lol....like KitKat says depends on what u count into collection... Like I don't count Ponies I have a zillion of like extra big bros or twinkle eyed...because I have a ton...never count customs or baits....I only count the Ponies who are you know the regulars and and variants that are different... Now that counts for me non Pat.pending and Pat. Pending ....and we all know there are tons of variation in u.s., Germany, Italy, Spain...I mean I think everywhere....lol...so I have so so many Ponies...lol
I have completed :
U.s.a.
Germany
UK
Peru
Mexico
Macua
Dutch
France
Very close on Spain ( not counting piggies)
Very close on Brazilian
Only need hard to find cp for Italy
Then there's some super rare I need in my complete sets...like I need those expensive almost ooak frenchies and what not...lol...I have a lot of ooaks and variants... Lol...so so many...I will have to get pics....I have well well over 2,000 different g1s

Farthest away from completing Greeks and I think I need like around 30 argies....plus Colombian....have only concentrated on my Colombian boys ...and have a few adults :)...oh yeah and Venezuela... Because so many weird ones keep popping up.. Lol

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »
Kitkat: WOW your pics are AMAZING!! It is like in a dream!! I nearly fall from my chair!! SO CUTE!!!!  ;) ;)

I personally think (but I is JUST my point of view) : yes maybe there is someone who have really more ponies than all others persons. However to my mind a collection is really big when you love it really really (I am crazy from my greeks and frenchies lol) Well in fact it depends on how you see what you call a collection  ^.^ ^.^

( :blush: I really do hope that my english can be understand lol )
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 02:05:30 AM »
Wow nice pictures kitkatvintage.

I think its also depends what standard you take as the most because its so diverse.
Mine is one of the largest one in The Netherlands (pictures are in the bragforum put recently) but it doesn't top those who have like all the G1 and no other gens.
And I feel that it doesn't have to be a contest, it's about enjoying the collection.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 05:36:32 AM »
I know there are some very impressive collections out there! I have seen them time to time over the years!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 06:20:40 AM »
If you'd asked me this fifteen years ago I would've said pinkember, without hesitation (Helen), because then it absolutely without doubt would have been - even though she never bragged about it in the way others did.

Now, it's hard to say. Depends, too, on lots of criteria and what you collect.

I don't think it's a competition, though. So I'm not sure if it really matters?

I haven't counted ponies in probably about 10 years, so I have no clue how many. Probably in the 1000+ range, but I don't collect Nirvana except the odd ones I like. I'm more concerned about the UK history-ish-ness of my collection than the number of ponies.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 07:00:43 AM »
MustBeJewel has an enormous collection too. 

Aadra's collection is pretty spectacular though, I must say.  It's getting harder and harder for me to find stuff off her wishlist for birthdays and Christmas! 

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 07:41:00 AM »
If you'd asked me this fifteen years ago I would've said pinkember, without hesitation (Helen), because then it absolutely without doubt would have been - even though she never bragged about it in the way others did.
Having visited Helen a few months before she passed, I would honestly agree that she may have had the most ponies in one collection ever in the history of collectors. This was after a good amount had been sold. She was very private about the extent of her collection, but it was truly amazing.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 08:19:20 AM »
I am not sure who has biggest... Lol....like KitKat says depends on what u count into collection... Like I don't count Ponies I have a zillion of like extra big bros or twinkle eyed...because I have a ton...never count customs or baits....I only count the Ponies who are you know the regulars and and variants that are different... Now that counts for me non Pat.pending and Pat. Pending ....and we all know there are tons of variation in u.s., Germany, Italy, Spain...I mean I think everywhere....lol...so I have so so many Ponies...lol
I have completed :
U.s.a.
Germany
UK
Peru
Mexico
Macua
Dutch
France
Very close on Spain ( not counting piggies)
Very close on Brazilian
Only need hard to find cp for Italy
Then there's some super rare I need in my complete sets...like I need those expensive almost ooak frenchies and what not...lol...I have a lot of ooaks and variants... Lol...so so many...I will have to get pics....I have well well over 2,000 different g1s

Farthest away from completing Greeks and I think I need like around 30 argies....plus Colombian....have only concentrated on my Colombian boys ...and have a few adults :)...oh yeah and Venezuela... Because so many weird ones keep popping up.. Lol

I seriously need to make a trip up north to see your collection, since I missed the MN pony meet you hosted.  ^.^

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal