collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony  (Read 43599 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »
I think it fits the spirit of the show - FiM has a lot of conflict an action, and this is a line to represent that. As much as in love pretty ponies with brushable hair and interchangeable outfits, there's more to the show than that, and I like the fact that they're starting a new line to reflect that in the merchandise.

Not that that's the ONLY part of the show, of course, but like I said, this is an entirely new line, not the successor to the main toys, and I like that. Sorry if I sound condescending, I'm not trying to force my opinions on anyone >.<

Also back in the G1 cartoon there was plenty of action. And I have read lots of posts here about members who made their ponies have adventures and fight bad guys (usually fakies lol) when they were kids. It wasn't all hair brushing and playing house. These just make that kind of actiony play more fun.
heheh my sister and I would stage wars between barbie mlp carebears gi joe and transformers XD  we literally would just tie the manes up and be all 'bombs away' with the pegs dad had a picture of us in action once. need to see if i can get him to send it to me.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2016, 02:20:56 PM »
I think it fits the spirit of the show - FiM has a lot of conflict an action, and this is a line to represent that. As much as in love pretty ponies with brushable hair and interchangeable outfits, there's more to the show than that, and I like the fact that they're starting a new line to reflect that in the merchandise.

Not that that's the ONLY part of the show, of course, but like I said, this is an entirely new line, not the successor to the main toys, and I like that. Sorry if I sound condescending, I'm not trying to force my opinions on anyone >.<

Also back in the G1 cartoon there was plenty of action. And I have read lots of posts here about members who made their ponies have adventures and fight bad guys (usually fakies lol) when they were kids. It wasn't all hair brushing and playing house. These just make that kind of actiony play more fun.
heheh my sister and I would stage wars between barbie mlp carebears gi joe and transformers XD  we literally would just tie the manes up and be all 'bombs away' with the pegs dad had a picture of us in action once. need to see if i can get him to send it to me.

Now this I need to see!

My ponies were always getting into epic journeys and battles when I was a kid. They died often enough that I had a rule that a pony could kiss another pony back to life. I'm fairly sure I picked it up from the final scene of The Last Unicorn. Creepy in retrospect, but hey, still the basic premise of fairly pedestrian things like Sleeping Beauty.

Offline Agent X

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • "Come son of Jor-El...KNEEL BEFORE ZIM!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2016, 08:19:26 AM »
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm going to hold out hope for a Dynasty/Samurai/Hyrule Warriors-sytle game.
ACNL town: Woglinde DA: 4B00-0010-472B
"Half my heart in in Equestria. The other half is on Cybertron. I am so doomed."

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2016, 08:58:33 AM »
I NEED Nightmare Moon, Celestia and Queen Chrysalis. I'd also like the Changeling.

I'm still waiting for a decent, accurately coloured Luna though! Nightmare Moon is good but give us a nice non-Nightmare Moon Luna! (Luna/NM is my favourite!)
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2016, 03:00:12 PM »
But why can't we have both? Surely it can't be too hard to ad hair to these?

Personally, I think the dynamic look of these particular toys would fall flat with brushable hair. That isn't to say that Hasbro should stop making brushable ponies altogether, but for these I don't think that would work well.

Plus it even says in that statement that they aren't going to move away from the ponies we already get. Just that they wanted to make a line that goes in a new direction.

I think it could be done tho. They added hair to the SSC mini dolls they had. Brushable hair would just open up more customization options. Like I like these but in the future why can't we have a wave that is brushable?

I think kids will like these more than the brushables. What can kids do with those but brush their hair? With these they can act out adventures and use their imaginations.

What can be done with brushable toys? Anything a child can imagine. Dolls an older ponies and brushable horses can go on adventures just as well as any action hero toy. :silly:

Post Merge: July 10, 2016, 03:18:11 PM

They're just imparting life lessons to the younguns. When presented with an omnipotent maniac, do not provoke him by stealing his umbrella.

Excellent advice!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:23:10 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2016, 03:19:59 PM »
I am not much into G4 stuff. But I do love these figurines! Might start collecting them! I need Rainbow Dash's turtle. He's so cute!
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2016, 03:21:17 PM »

That's adorable! We must see!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2016, 07:00:55 PM »

Personally, I think the dynamic look of these particular toys would fall flat with brushable hair. That isn't to say that Hasbro should stop making brushable ponies altogether, but for these I don't think that would work well.

Plus it even says in that statement that they aren't going to move away from the ponies we already get. Just that they wanted to make a line that goes in a new direction.

I think it could be done tho. They added hair to the SSC mini dolls they had. Brushable hair would just open up more customization options. Like I like these but in the future why can't we have a wave that is brushable?

I think kids will like these more than the brushables. What can kids do with those but brush their hair? With these they can act out adventures and use their imaginations.

What can be done with brushable toys? Anything a child can imagine. Dolls an older ponies and brushable horses can go on adventures just as well as any action hero toy. :silly:

I'm confused as to how hair can stop one from having adventures.  People have hair and it doesn't stop them.  Why would it stop a toy?

This just reminds me of playing with my 4 yr old niece recently.  In the course of giving her "baby" a bath, a pillow became the faucet, two large dolls because bubble bath dispensers, and random mlp castle accessories became soap.

So really, nothing can stop you with enough imagination.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2016, 07:03:14 PM »

I'm confused as to how hair can stop one from having adventures.  People have hair and it doesn't stop them.  Why would it stop a toy?

This just reminds me of playing with my 4 yr old niece recently.  In the course of giving her "baby" a bath, a pillow became the faucet, two large dolls because bubble bath dispensers, and random mlp castle accessories became soap.

That's cute.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2016, 08:54:49 PM »

It isn't the hair, it's the static body that limits what can be done. Like I feel the tradeoff will work for older kids since 8 year olds don't play the same way a 4 year old would. Tho like I've mentioned before the ideal would be these highly articulated bodies with brushable hair.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2016, 11:32:20 AM »

It isn't the hair, it's the static body that limits what can be done. Like I feel the tradeoff will work for older kids since 8 year olds don't play the same way a 4 year old would. Tho like I've mentioned before the ideal would be these highly articulated bodies with brushable hair.

Lots of toys are static. Toy animals especially. I had lots of adventures with a brown, plastic brontosaurus who I named Stanley for some reason. :lol:

My daughter has a lot of schleich and safari ltd. animals ranging from farm animals, to mythological, to wild animals.

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2016, 03:30:10 PM »
I agree! So many of the toys I had (and really liked) weren't articulated, not just G1 ponies but dinosaurs too. But getting your hands on something with articulation was fun, I was always on the look out for it.

The things is, and perhaps what the poster who said there's only so much to be done with a brushable toy was getting at, the G4 pony toys up to this point haven't been that creative. One static pose is pretty dull, especially when they're based on a cartoon that's full of such excellent, dynamic characters and interesting design. The Gaurdians of Harmony toys are much more fun, and just interesting as objects. If kids don't like the battle/action aspects, they're all removable and they can still play with the toys without them.

Besides, MLP fans are a creative bunch. I won't be a bit surprised when someone figures out how to stick rooted hair in a GOH figure, and then people can brush their action figures and harmony will be restored. Or, customized as it were.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2016, 04:03:33 PM »
I agree! So many of the toys I had (and really liked) weren't articulated, not just G1 ponies but dinosaurs too. But getting your hands on something with articulation was fun, I was always on the look out for it.

The things is, and perhaps what the poster who said there's only so much to be done with a brushable toy was getting at, the G4 pony toys up to this point haven't been that creative. One static pose is pretty dull, especially when they're based on a cartoon that's full of such excellent, dynamic characters and interesting design. The Gaurdians of Harmony toys are much more fun, and just interesting as objects. If kids don't like the battle/action aspects, they're all removable and they can still play with the toys without them.

Besides, MLP fans are a creative bunch. I won't be a bit surprised when someone figures out how to stick rooted hair in a GOH figure, and then people can brush their action figures and harmony will be restored. Or, customized as it were.

A well timed hair whip could save your life. ;)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »

Lots of toys are static. Toy animals especially. I had lots of adventures with a brown, plastic brontosaurus who I named Stanley for some reason. :lol:

My daughter has a lot of schleich and safari ltd. animals ranging from farm animals, to mythological, to wild animals.

Personally, the poses never bothered me, but I am (and always have been) a perfectionist. As a kid, my ponies having less than perfect hair drove me crazy. I'd spend so long trying to get their hair perfect, that whenever I'd actually play with them at all, it would get messed up, and I wouldn't be able to have fun until I fixed it, and then as soon as I played again, it would get messed up again, and repeat... I can certainly see the appeal in molded hair brushables for kids as picky about details as I was  :lol:
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »

That's part of it. My first toy love was the original LPS. They were great because they did things. Even the occasional ones that didn't have moving parts or magnets still looked dynamic. One thing I noticed tho is its older kids who like the articulation while younger ones couldn't care less. The younger kids are fine with Disney Princess dolls that only have shoulder and thigh joints while older ones would rather have Monster High with their jointed elbows and knees and wrists.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal