collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony  (Read 43711 times)

appleponygal

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »
Wow! These remind me of the MLP comic book I collect! I'd totally love these!!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »
I do think its interesting the many and varied ways this line is being taken - so much variety and so many different ways to collect and enjoy MLP is pretty awesome. Some of these figures are very nice - I do love Celestia especially. however, in general they are not my cup of tea and I wont be needing them in my collection; but I do understand the nature of a company seeing a gap in its market and jumping in to fill it. Its just that its also incredibly disappointing to see the core line being neglected; I hope Hasbro remembers, unlike others before it, that adapting your line to suit a fad or a fickle market is often what shoots you in the foot.

Although I am not in love with them its not what they are that disappoints me...its why they are. I think its a bit of a shame that to justify the line being "acceptable" as a gender neutral toy they had to remove the brushable hair, add some articulation and make them angry/agressive. MLP, as it was with G1, was a toy lots of little boys enjoyed and there was nothing wrong with that. Creating a spin off line and making it conform to what is acceptable for little boys is not creating a gender neutral brand...in fact its doing the opposite. At the end of the day, Hasbro have created an action toy line. There is absolutely no harm in that; however I just think its worth realising that they are creating it in traditional action toy themes and not breaking from the norm and creating something new and forward thinking for the market.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »
How is the core line being neglected?  The brushables had more variety this year than almost any year since the line began and almost everything looks good for once.  We also got more new brushable characters than we usually do. 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »
Which I think softens the blow of this.  If we were getting nothing but some bad rehashes of the Mane 6, then there would be major reason to worry.

I still think Twilight looks ridiculous though.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2016, 01:11:45 PM »
How is the core line being neglected?  The brushables had more variety this year than almost any year since the line began and almost everything looks good for once.  We also got more new brushable characters than we usually do. 

It is being neglected by no longer having quite as much attention paid to it. The first year may not have had the same variety in different aspects of the line as we have now but it had a focus on different characters being released in the same brushable style and set. Similar to what we had seen in previous MLP gens - a focus on brushable character sets and not off shoots or gimmick lines or alternative sets.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, an opinion is just that...an opinion...it doesnt need everyone to feel the same or agree about it. I, personally, feel the core line has suffered (or perhaps not so much suffered as just not got quite the same attention) because Hasbro have, rightly, discovered new markets and new lines that it can make money in. I dont have to like it or agree with the way the line has changed or expanded but at the same time I understand the nature of business means that Hasbro wants to make money out of MLP not make us collectors (or even bronies) happy all the time.

I just want a straight forward, straight up line of MLP - similar to those we have seen in previous generations with lots of unique characters that I can collect. I am a simple soul :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2016, 06:25:58 PM »

It is being neglected by no longer having quite as much attention paid to it. The first year may not have had the same variety in different aspects of the line as we have now but it had a focus on different characters being released in the same brushable style and set. Similar to what we had seen in previous MLP gens - a focus on brushable character sets and not off shoots or gimmick lines or alternative sets.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, an opinion is just that...an opinion...it doesnt need everyone to feel the same or agree about it. I, personally, feel the core line has suffered (or perhaps not so much suffered as just not got quite the same attention) because Hasbro have, rightly, discovered new markets and new lines that it can make money in. I dont have to like it or agree with the way the line has changed or expanded but at the same time I understand the nature of business means that Hasbro wants to make money out of MLP not make us collectors (or even bronies) happy all the time.

I just want a straight forward, straight up line of MLP - similar to those we have seen in previous generations with lots of unique characters that I can collect. I am a simple soul :)

There were lots of new brushable characters at Toy Fair in both regular size and Fashion Style size. For non Mane 6 characters they had 7 in regular size and 4 in FS size.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Nebula Light

« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2016, 06:40:34 PM »
I am SUPER pumped about these toys. Tia and Night Mare look awesome, and yay a Shining Armor toy that does not have ridiculous hair! :P

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2016, 07:54:54 PM »
and make them angry/agressive.

This is the part that gets me the most about the new line. I'm all for MLP toys that appeal to both genders, but do we have to make toys aggressive to appeal to boys? Do we have to have Shining Armor with a lance, Twilight Sparkle with 'attack wings' , and Chrysalis with a dagger? How the heck is that MLP!? Can we make toys for boys without making them violent?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2016, 08:36:15 PM »
Well this line is more for older audience it seems.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:02:19 PM by Pikashoes »

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2016, 07:50:07 AM »
and make them angry/agressive.

This is the part that gets me the most about the new line. I'm all for MLP toys that appeal to both genders, but do we have to make toys aggressive to appeal to boys? Do we have to have Shining Armor with a lance, Twilight Sparkle with 'attack wings' , and Chrysalis with a dagger? How the heck is that MLP!? Can we make toys for boys without making them violent?

These are just as much made for girls too (the actual action ponies and not the fancy display figures). There is that whole DC Super Hero Girls thing and I'm sure Hasbro wants to get into that "girl power" market and hey if boys want to play too then why not? Since the line is still female heavy it gets the boys used to the idea of female characters being more than just a sidekick love interest.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2016, 09:20:31 AM »
I think it fits the spirit of the show - FiM has a lot of conflict an action, and this is a line to represent that. As much as in love pretty ponies with brushable hair and interchangeable outfits, there's more to the show than that, and I like the fact that they're starting a new line to reflect that in the merchandise.

Not that that's the ONLY part of the show, of course, but like I said, this is an entirely new line, not the successor to the main toys, and I like that. Sorry if I sound condescending, I'm not trying to force my opinions on anyone >.<
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2016, 10:22:30 AM »
I think it fits the spirit of the show - FiM has a lot of conflict an action, and this is a line to represent that. As much as in love pretty ponies with brushable hair and interchangeable outfits, there's more to the show than that, and I like the fact that they're starting a new line to reflect that in the merchandise.

Not that that's the ONLY part of the show, of course, but like I said, this is an entirely new line, not the successor to the main toys, and I like that. Sorry if I sound condescending, I'm not trying to force my opinions on anyone >.<

Also back in the G1 cartoon there was plenty of action. And I have read lots of posts here about members who made their ponies have adventures and fight bad guys (usually fakies lol) when they were kids. It wasn't all hair brushing and playing house. These just make that kind of actiony play more fun.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »
My ponies never got to go on adventures or fight bad guys, the reason being that their hair got in their way. Static poses also didn't serve them well. And that's why they ended up lost and/or forgotten. So I'm all for these poseable, hairless things regardless of male appeal or whatever :P

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2016, 10:09:36 AM »
Cheese Sandwich has been revealed! He looks so cute X3

http://www.mlpmerch.com/

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2016, 10:24:06 AM »
My ponies never got to go on adventures or fight bad guys, the reason being that their hair got in their way. Static poses also didn't serve them well. And that's why they ended up lost and/or forgotten. So I'm all for these poseable, hairless things regardless of male appeal or whatever :P

YEAH. The hair always drove me crazy! That's why I was more into LPS and Breyer as a kid than MLP, haha. I definitely approve of this line for the same reason.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal