collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone still undecided about what to do for thier SO for Valentine's Day?  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I'm also not sure if you are supposed to discuss it with him beforehand!

I'm thinking of doing some baking and putting heart shaped chocolate buttons on top. Then I have done something thoughtful but no pressure.

The thinking is I don't want to spend money because we both need to watch it at the moment and I don't want to embarrass him. Also he is working a 16h night shift till 4am the night before VD so I don't want to have any expectations.

But I still haven't really decided!

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Re: Anyone still undecided about what to do for thier SO for Valentine's Day?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »
That sounds nice!  I think a home cooked meal and/or dessert is thoughtful and budget friendly!

My husband is getting a baby girl the following day so I think I'm covered this year!  :P

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »
That sounds nice!  I think a home cooked meal and/or dessert is thoughtful and budget friendly!

My husband is getting a baby girl the following day so I think I'm covered this year!  :P
^
That is going to be the Best Valentines Gift Ever!!

I agree with Aadra310, I would do something meaningful that is low pressure. You could make him a nice card, and then make a nice dinner, with cookies! Even a low key romantic movie would be fun too!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 04:28:31 PM »
I think baking is a great idea, Artemesia Floc! It's both personal and yummy  ;) Don't they say a way to a mans heart is though his stomach?

My bf isn't big on extravagant gifts but I love buying things haha. Last year he made me an origami rose and got me candy and I drew him a picture. This year I ordered him a personalized love book (www.lovebookonline.com) with his favorite candy and a card.  That's just me though, I like to spend money and he doesn't.

Do something you both love to do together, make him his favorite dinner and/or dessert, and movies are always great!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
My bf and I are getting the new Fire Emblem the following Friday. He's not much for mushy stuff, but he's always up for a new video game. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »
I got fiancé the new Zootopia set of tsum tsums. We are going to see Deadpool on Saturday at the nice theater with dine in seats to celebrate. :). We like to do gifts, but that's just us.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 06:00:52 PM »
I ordered my hubby a funko pop Russel Wilson figure. He's a huge sports fan and the Seahawks are his favorite team. I just hope it arrives in the mail on time :lol: We are going to go out for lunch as a family on Sunday. I have no idea if he's getting me anything but he knows I love chocolate and sparkles and he usually doesn't disappoint.

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 06:03:08 PM »
i don't have one, so i gave all my co-workers and family store boxed valentines. flowers, star wars and the lone ranger.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 06:56:40 PM »
I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. He's in charge of Vday and I take our anniversary. But I rather consider our trip to Disney world our Anniversary/my birthday/ vday gift to myself lol.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 07:04:40 PM »
I agree with the others about a nice meal at home. That's all we usually do, make a nicer than normal meal at home, with a dessert, and we eat at the table like grow ups instead of in front of the TV ^^* it makes the day special without breaking the bank!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »
I already gave my husband his gift. Got him a heart shaped tin of chocolate hearts with Hiccup and Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon on it that says 'You Light My Fire' on it. Was the only one left when I found it and he loved it^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 10:14:12 PM »
This year we are keeping it simple since last year was very big. Just exchanging gifts and driving two hours to Fazolis for dinner! While we are out we are going to Lush and buying about 5 naaah lets do about 8 or ten bathbombs and we are going to take a hot bath and drop all of them in the bathtub at once as see what happens xD Its our last year in that apartment hopefully and I've always wanted to make a mess with bathbombs! Keeping windows and doors open in case it gets too steamy LOL.

For his gift I'm not sure what to get him. I got him candy and he already found it and ate it.....so I have to buy more. I want to get him a Pokemon charmander-line set of four and a charizard T-shirt on Thursday.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:16:10 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 01:26:30 AM »
I'm not big on Valentines and this year I work a ten hour shift and he's gonna mend a hangover so I think I'm covered, haha! Our first year together we lived apart and he was gonna come over and surprise me after his shift ended (he works night) but I found out and got up way early and cut out some hearts in sparkly red paper and taped on the outside of my frontdoor along with his name and inside I was waiting in something that was not cloths.. and we had a really nice morning until he went home to sleep and I went to eat lunch with my grandparents.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 01:38:54 AM »
No special someone here. At least not someone who deserves to be called that way ...
I'll be working and being jealous of all my colleagues who will receive flower bouquets the whole day.
On the bright side, our boss is going to take us out for dinner to celebrate the first day back at work after the Chinese New Year holidays. Sure gonna be yummy!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
I ordered mine a pan he's been really wanting....... He likes pans....... I don't really get it, pans bore me, but it makes him happy. He got me hamsters. 3 of them. Little Robos. They make me happy. And we will likely do something on the day. We haven't decided on a place yet. We aren't normal and don't really try to be. We did "normal" last year and while I love my necklace, earrings, and ring, I really love these hamsters! Usually we just try to spend a special day together. On years when money is tight, he makes a special dinner and I help. (*shrugs* He likes to cook. I like to bake.) Then we eat together and maybe watch a movie or something or play video games together. We do something fun that we like. Sometimes, if the weather is nice, we go to the park with our dolls to take pictures. We both thing time is more important than any gift could be, so that's what we try to be certain to give each other for Valentine's Day.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal