collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I AM SO MAD!!! (non pony eBay scammer rant)  (Read 985 times)

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
I AM SO MAD!!! (non pony eBay scammer rant)
« on: February 07, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »
So even though I've been selling on ebay since 2002 have OVER 200 positive feedback NEVER received a negative in over 14 years one no good scammer can come along and undo my 100% perfect reputation with just ONE negative review??!! :yikes:  How is this possible??  I thought being a trusted and reliable seller with an 'above standard' rating would protect me from even ONE negative feedback but nope! With the new rating system they don't care HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON EBAY OR IF YOU'VE HAD A PRISTINE REPUTATION FOR DECADES. It appears that all they look at is THE PAST YEAR'S PERFORMANCE. So that explains why this buyer who got mad at me for refusing to sell TWO Buy-it-now auctions for ONE price (they bid on ONE auction and then asked me to combine shipping for the other I had listed... wtf?!) left me a retaliatory negative saying I 'refused to send the items' when I told them politely I would not send them an item that was in ANOTHER listing and it was clearly mentioned in the listing that it was just for ONE item not both.  :enraged:

I had over 205 FB and 100% but I don't sell all that often.. so my positives for the past year was under 20. That ONE negative comment knocked me down from 100% to 94.7% !!!! That is a HUGE drop for someone that isn't a newbie ebay seller. That's treating me as though my ENTIRE feedback is only 18 or something!! HOW IS THIS FAIR?! Rant with me, please because I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND. It seems really unfair. I've seen people with a couple negatives and really low scores because they had less than a dozen FB or something but I have hundreds...  even a friend of mine was like... you have over 200 it should have dropped a percentage at most...not almost 6%! That's super ridic and I almost feel like I don't even want to use ebay anymore if one scammer can undo almost 15 years of building up your flawless reputation....   :cloud:

Sellers can't even leave negatives for bad buyers to warn other sellers either. That's another thing that definitely needs to be changed!!  :stressed:
eta: I can't even have the negative removed since it was left over 30 days ago and I'd been busy and didn't notice until just the other day...  :(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:20:19 PM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I AM SO MAD!!! (non pony eBay scammer rant)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 05:21:35 PM »
I'm really sorry that happened to you.  Ebay is hard on sellers these days:(

Ebay now only counts the last year's worth(or was it 6 months? I can't keep up with all the rules!) of feedbacks for calculating your overall percentage.  The bad news is that you're taking a nasty hit now.  The GOOD news is that negative will sort of drop off in time.  It'll always be there for people to see, but if you wait around long enough, it won't be factored into your percentage anymore.  So it's both good and bad.  It hits hard now, but at least it will go away eventually.  Well, at least as far as your percentage is concerned.    So while it stinks for you right now, it's not forever.

Make sure you block that buyer from buying from you in the future.  You can also post their ebay user id on this thread to warn other sellers of this unreasonable buyer.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:26:24 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 05:33:26 PM »
I left a bad review for someone who sold me something that wasn't legit like it said in the listing.
Though over 30 days, he called them and asked them to take it off, then tried to tell me what I did was wrong, though I gave him the facts on how it was fake, not legit. With all said and done, he still got eBay to take off my bad review.
You can still give it a shot and ask?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 05:30:02 AM »
That's awful :(  TBH  I would give it a go with ebay anyways and try to get that neg removed. You
 can explain to them why you didn't ask/ see it sooner . Call them on the phone though - you get better results than emailing them

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 06:27:59 PM »
I'd contact ebay with the communication you had with this buyer and explain the situation
 They might remove it for you :) it's worth a try!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal