collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thinking about going Pescatarian, anyone here on this 'diet'?  (Read 3258 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Thinking about going Pescatarian, anyone here on this 'diet'?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 08:55:25 AM »
The only thing I can add is that if one day you suddenly feel the urge to eat a bacon sandwich, chicken salad or a steak is that you don't deny yourself!

The best diet is a balanced diet and that should include things that are "naughty"  from time to time. Or things that you get the urge to eat (often your body tells you what you needs nutritionally).

I am coeliac and I have to stick to a very strict diet in order to keep myself well. As a result of cutting out a whole food group (grains) I miss out on lost of important nutrients, which you get from them. I saw a dietician for a year to get my diet right. I still struggle and as a result I suffer from iron, folic acid and vitamin D deviancy.

Good luck.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about going Pescatarian, anyone here on this 'diet'?
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »
No, I don't have a dietitian.  But I will be talking to my doctor soon.

For now I am taking is slow.  Mostly just upping my vegetables and lowering the amount of meat while watching my 'bad' carbs.  I have added more fish to my diet, but taking that slow too.  I don't want to do anything drastic.  And definitely not before I can see the doctor to talk about this more.

Thank you all for the replies and stories and tips!  It's much appreciated!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal