collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: T.T bjd help.  (Read 682 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
T.T bjd help.
« on: January 25, 2016, 08:31:43 PM »
so after reading a few topics on here. i finally found a bjd head that i really liked on ebay. its legit with it's paperwork and everything....
well turns out it's a small company that makes an odd size of head and well the bodies are well.... i  think they are not attractive and don't fit for the doll i wanted to make.
now i don't think i can get a body for the doll.
i already have it on its way to spain to get a face up for it, so i feel like i'm possibly wasting even more money.
already paid 20$ extra to ship it to spain only to find i may never find a nice body that fits it.
any idea of what i should do?

the head is a mirodoll yaya. pretty cute, but i'm told it's small for a msd and i was hoping to find a luts or similar boy body for the doll.

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: T.T bjd help.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:09:37 AM »
You can search for doll hybrid combinations with pics on DOA.  Just use the search bar and type "Mirodoll Yaya". Also, they have a dedicated thread for this particular doll, so you might have some luck browsing through there as well. ^_^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:23:59 AM »
What is so odd about her sizing? It says she is a 1/4 doll, meaning she is MSD sized. I took a look at her measurements and compared them to a Luts multibody. The new Mirodoll body would have been considered a slim msd like a minifee, but that is the only difference and the head should fit on most msd bodies, slim or no. The only problem you may have now is rein colour matching. Good luck!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:09:58 AM »
Most of the MSD today are on the slim side, so you should be able to find her a body. :) Do you have any measurements of the head? They would help to find her a suitable body.

Offline SaelaVe

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 11:50:09 PM »
Most of the MSD today are on the slim side, so you should be able to find her a body. :) Do you have any measurements of the head? They would help to find her a suitable body.

Agreed.  Particularly the circumference of her neck hole.

What I sometimes do when I'm considering hyrbidding is I go to Alice's Collections, look for bodies that I like, and then check the neck circumference to see if it matches the neck circumference of the head that I want to get.
Now Alice doesn't carry every company obviously, but she has a pretty large selection to choose from and it helps me to get an idea of the options available to me.

...In fact, I just went and looked up the Mirodoll measurements.  It looks like Yaya has a 6cm neck circumference.  While this isn't exactly common, it's not hyper unusual.  There are options available to you.
The biggest problem that I see is that you're wanting to body her onto a boy body, which typically have 7 or 7.5cm neck circumferences.  But there are a few with smaller necks, including Doll Leaves' 42cm boy (6.5cm), Doll Zone's 45cm boy (6.5cm), and Doll Legend's 44cm boy (6.9cm).  With a little modding I do believe that Yaya could fit one of these.
And those are just a few that I found on AC.  There are probably other male bodies out there with close—or just right—neck circumferences to what you need.

I hope that this helps and that you're able to find a body for Yaya. :)
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal