collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are the Minis replacing the regular Equestria Girls?  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Minis replacing the regular Equestria Girls?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 01:56:31 PM »
I dont think they are replacing them. I think they are simply a new angle for the line. MH has dolls and vinyls. I think Hasbro are taking the same idea as other popular doll lines and giving it a go.

I wouldn't normally assume they are replacing them but there is a severe lack of the actual dolls on shelves. There are still plenty of MH dolls on shelves.

With Hasbro you really do never know :) I would guess however its perhaps just a gap in the line. Friendship Games slammed out fast and went through the waves really quickly. There is perhaps now a lull until the next themed dolls appear. There was a similar kind of period last year after Rainbow Rocks as well.

Friendship Games isn't even finished. The roller skating dolls haven't shown up here at all.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 02:41:31 PM »
I dont think they are replacing them. I think they are simply a new angle for the line. MH has dolls and vinyls. I think Hasbro are taking the same idea as other popular doll lines and giving it a go.

I wouldn't normally assume they are replacing them but there is a severe lack of the actual dolls on shelves. There are still plenty of MH dolls on shelves.

With Hasbro you really do never know :) I would guess however its perhaps just a gap in the line. Friendship Games slammed out fast and went through the waves really quickly. There is perhaps now a lull until the next themed dolls appear. There was a similar kind of period last year after Rainbow Rocks as well.

Friendship Games isn't even finished. The roller skating dolls haven't shown up here at all.

But they are still closer to the end of the line than you would perhaps expect them to be at this time of year. So while FG may not be finished its released very fast...perhaps faster than they expected.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 09:05:50 PM »
I need to ask people because I have not taking my lone EQG doll out.. but can the EQGs actually SIT without their legs going splayed? I noticed this with the Minis that their legs splay out when you try to get them to sit.. guess that is another reason I really don't care for them that much..
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 12:54:39 PM »
The EQGs sit ok...ok so on the non-articulated ones, they've got their legs out straight but they don;t go try doing the splits XD

https://www.facebook.com/onepeculiartoybox/photos/a.1513540212224341.1073741829.1453038581607838/1675370856041275/?type=3&permPage=1 Here's Cellyzombie and some friends chilling on the front room carpet for an example.

And I distinctly hope the minis won't replace the regular girls, I love being able to mix pony with my love of redressing dollies and I would not want to be the person to tell Cellyzombie that she's getting no more new clothes....

Carrie

Offline Heart891011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »
I hope not. I still haven't found the motor cross dolls :( I don't like the mini figures much :/ they would be better if they could stand and had removable clothes.
They actually are supposed to be able to stand on a flat surface without support.. though with the hair I think they would be kind of top heavy
From the reviews I watched they were top heavy and that's kinda why I don't want any. I don't know what I'd do with an action figure that can't sit or stand properly.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 12:58:17 AM »
I really hope the Minis won't take over. They are cute, but they're so chibi. I'm honestly not a big fan of chibi. I know the characters in the films aren't exactly properly proportioned, but I think the regular dolls are closer to their proportions than the Minis. And they have brushable hair and fabric clothes. A figure line is nice, but it shouldn't replace the doll line.

I'm seeing the same thing here regarding the doll line, by the way. Lots of clearancing and empty shelves.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 07:06:45 AM »
I hope not. I still haven't found the motor cross dolls :( I don't like the mini figures much :/ they would be better if they could stand and had removable clothes.
They actually are supposed to be able to stand on a flat surface without support.. though with the hair I think they would be kind of top heavy
From the reviews I watched they were top heavy and that's kinda why I don't want any. I don't know what I'd do with an action figure that can't sit or stand properly.
Ok they do stand on their own but some of the dolls do have loose joint issues in the hips and legs. Someone found that the Shoppies doll stands work for them so that is a plus if you can get a hold of one of those or make a stand.. but it won't help for the figures with the looser joints.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2016, 04:46:16 AM »
So i didnt like Rainbow Dash's hair. I think Hasbro just got lazy and did it all blue. So.. i decided to paint it myself. I admit i have never done this before so its not a very good paintjob, but its the best i can do :) It took me a very long time to do her because i had to pain each hair colour by colour so the paint wouldnt mix together. I think she looks better now. More show accurate :)

what do you think? :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:49:42 AM by piinkypiie »
:happy:

Offline Sugarberry

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2016, 07:12:16 AM »
That looks super cute and much better than all blue!   :lovey:

Offline starryeyed

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • seapony in the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2016, 08:44:07 AM »
gosh i we get more minis! The minis are so cute and full of character while there's just something about the eq dolls that rubs me the wrong way!! just in my opinion, it feels like all the eq dolls have the exact same face and expression, and often times just don't feel like the character the doll is supposed to be to me. but i feel like the minis are really good representations of the characters and they're really cute! plus they all have different expressions :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:31:58 PM by starryeyed »

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »
So i didnt like Rainbow Dash's hair. I think Hasbro just got lazy and did it all blue. So.. i decided to paint it myself. I admit i have never done this before so its not a very good paintjob, but its the best i can do :) It took me a very long time to do her because i had to pain each hair colour by colour so the paint wouldnt mix together. I think she looks better now. More show accurate :)

what do you think? :)

Do you think the Mini heads can go on the regular bodies? I saw a pic of some prototypes/factory rejects on ebay and it seems Flash has removable hair like the other Minis. It would be neat to have a Flash with "real hair".
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sugarberry

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 01:11:13 PM »
The chibi heads might fit.... mayyyybe... but it still wouldn't look right to me.   :huh:   Maybe because the body proportions are still more Barbie-esque.  But I was never a doll fan (with just the exceptions of a few SS dolls and a Cabbage Patch which I still have), so that might have something to do with it.

Like yourself Starry, I didn't like the full-size dolls either, but the minis I can get along with all right.  There are some new ones that are being shown on MLPMerch.   :) 
http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/05/lots-of-new-equestria-girls-minis-found.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal