collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are the Minis replacing the regular Equestria Girls?  (Read 3918 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Are the Minis replacing the regular Equestria Girls?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 05:15:06 PM »
Well personally. I would not be able to get either version to sit the way I want to XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 05:40:15 PM »
Haha, that's true too! When I try to get my EqG minis in a sitting position, they look super awkward.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 05:47:48 PM »
I admit I haven't been paying attention to them here since EQG are stupid expensive in London's toy stores, or they're all still on Rainbow Rocks excess stock, but I am pretty sure that a lot of the Friendship Games dolls aren't out on general release here in the UK yet.

The film is still airing at my local London cinema, though.

And Chrysalis hasn't appeared in our TRU yet either, I don't think..? As sister got mine from America for me, through some mysterious method she refuses to reveal...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »
I thought Equestria Girls was supposed to skew slightly older than the Disney Princesses since High School stories tend to skew to an older audience than fairy tales.

True, that's what their supposed to do.  But do they actually retain the audience Hasbro originally designed them for?  I just don't see EG holding that kind of audience.  They aren't edgy enough, not enough variety in molds and characters. Overall limited articulation.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 07:57:09 PM »
I thought Equestria Girls was supposed to skew slightly older than the Disney Princesses since High School stories tend to skew to an older audience than fairy tales.

True, that's what their supposed to do.  But do they actually retain the audience Hasbro originally designed them for?  I just don't see EG holding that kind of audience.  They aren't edgy enough, not enough variety in molds and characters. Overall limited articulation.

True it seems that audience likes the Descendants better. I mean I love Monster High a lot but it would still be a shame if the only colorful skintone fashion doll line out there was MH. The Minis are more like action figures than dolls.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 11:02:05 PM »
I'll be honest, I love the minis much more then I ever did the normal equestria girls, so it wouldn't effect me at all if they concentrate on those more.
That said?  I do kinda agree with wardah, I'd like for MH not to be the only fantasy colored dolls in the toy aisle.  Do you know how much I'd go for normal equestria girls if their faces and head shape more resembled the minis?  I'd have them all!  As is, I don't really like their head shape or how they handle the make up on them.

Offline Heart891011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 10:00:18 AM »
I hope not. I still haven't found the motor cross dolls :( I don't like the mini figures much :/ they would be better if they could stand and had removable clothes.

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 11:52:43 AM »
Personally, I don't think so. I think these are just a side line like the articulated brushable ponies are to the other brushables/other figurines. I like these a heck of a lot better than the regular dolls (and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like Equestria Girls) but I don't think they are the only kind of doll we will see from now on.

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 11:58:40 AM »
I hope they do actually. I've been a bit tempted to get the Minis. The regular dolls look awful to me (and getting into MH in the past year made me hate EQG more). But to be honest, I just want more regular brushable ponies. The lack of new brushables coming to the US is really upsetting.
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »
I hope not. I still haven't found the motor cross dolls :( I don't like the mini figures much :/ they would be better if they could stand and had removable clothes.
They actually are supposed to be able to stand on a flat surface without support.. though with the hair I think they would be kind of top heavy
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »
I dont think they are replacing them. I think they are simply a new angle for the line. MH has dolls and vinyls. I think Hasbro are taking the same idea as other popular doll lines and giving it a go.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 04:56:25 PM »
I dont think they are replacing them. I think they are simply a new angle for the line. MH has dolls and vinyls. I think Hasbro are taking the same idea as other popular doll lines and giving it a go.

I wouldn't normally assume they are replacing them but there is a severe lack of the actual dolls on shelves. There are still plenty of MH dolls on shelves.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 05:17:13 PM »
I went to the mall today and Target had no equestria girls and they barely have brushables.  The rest are those mini figures that go along with Apple Jack's Apple Family barn set and some of the new equestrial girls figures, which aren't show accurate.  I checked them out and I saw Twilight with a giantic bow in her hair but it was sort of a handmade bow with just a ribbon which she tied in her hair but didn't make it into an actual bow.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »
I went to the mall today and Target had no equestria girls and they barely have brushables.  The rest are those mini figures that go along with Apple Jack's Apple Family barn set and some of the new equestrial girls figures, which aren't show accurate.  I checked them out and I saw Twilight with a giantic bow in her hair but it was sort of a handmade bow with just a ribbon which she tied in her hair but didn't make it into an actual bow.

The Equestria Girls Minis have their own series of videos.

http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/01/new-equestria-girls-minis-video-appears.html?m=1

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2016, 01:44:51 PM »

I wouldn't normally assume they are replacing them but there is a severe lack of the actual dolls on shelves. There are still plenty of MH dolls on shelves.

With Hasbro you really do never know :) I would guess however its perhaps just a gap in the line. Friendship Games slammed out fast and went through the waves really quickly. There is perhaps now a lull until the next themed dolls appear. There was a similar kind of period last year after Rainbow Rocks as well.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal