collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC - Lavendar Dream Castle - Don't know where to start!  (Read 1808 times)

Offline SnowCastle

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
PC - Lavendar Dream Castle - Don't know where to start!
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:45:59 AM »
Hey all!

I am in the process of selling a number of my playsets (I still love them but it seems sad for them to spend their life stored away) and need a little help with pricing of the lavender dream castle. Now mine isn’t in the best of condition but as so few seem to sell I really don’t know where to pitch it.

Thanks! xxx

Any help would be much appreciated. Here is the description and pics….. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/snowparadise/library/My%20Little%20Pony/G1/Playsets/Lavender%20Dream%20Castle

" The front two towers and door have been sun damaged and overall the castle does seem a little off colour. The glue used to stick together the castle has yellowed and is visible in a number of places. The right hand tower has a small section coming apart and there is a small crack in the battlements and base by the right tower. The decals are quite tatty and stained. The inside of the battlements has six areas where it looks like some decals have been removed leaving patches of scratched original colour. There are marks here and there on the building, floors and turrets. The box is quite tatty with rips, creases and wear. Could do with a clean as it has been in storage for some time.

The castle comes with the following accessories:
Pink basket and hoist
Yellow mirror (has some light scratches)
3 x pink tower flags
Pink felt banner
Yellow felt single banner
Yellow horse shoe holder & 1 x pink horse shoe
Blue goblet glass
Spike the Dragon (don’t know if this is the original one that came with it)
2 x pink jump hoops
Mint green throne and rug (there is a small chip to back which doesn’t effect it going together. I still have the chip so have included it for repair)"

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:53:34 AM by SnowCastle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC - Lavendar Dream Castle - Don't know where to start!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »
Ooh! I live in England and would be interested in knowing about anything you had for sale (if I can afford it!) once you've got price checks :) Cheaper postage!!

Jules x

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
Hi! I don't have good price checks for you except to say that I had the two pink hoops and sold them for $8/each. I wonder if this is a case (I suspect it is) where you might make more by breaking up the set? Aside from the goblet (these are normally a little more purplish, but nevertheless this looks to be the right one), the dark pink banner is probably the highest-priced accessory you have here b/c that thing is really hard to find!

Selling accessories separately though is a bit of a pain though so you may want to just pull out the goblet and the banner and sell them separately and then sell the rest together.

To my knowledge the Spikes for both castles are the same, but I'm not 100% sure. I had the lavender castle as I child and unless there was a slight color difference I don't see that there was a difference.

Good luck!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 02:49:31 PM »
I don't have much help with the price guide, but if you end up selling a cookery playset please keep me in mind.  I've been looking for one for ages and will pay well  :bateyes:

I sold a nearly complete lavender castle over eBay recently but the bidding was very heated in the last few moments so I don't know that it's final sale price is reflective of the price selling on the Arena. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 04:23:10 PM »
Very interested to see what the price check is like. The lavender castle is way up the top of my grail list, to someone who doesn't have a single part a nearly-complete lot like your castle would be a dream come true. Especially with all of the fabric pieces! I would weigh up potential prices as a lot vs. separate pieces before deciding to split anything out.

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 04:43:02 PM »
The Spikes from the two castle releases are definitely different colors, though I can't tell from the photo exactly which one you have, you kind of have to compare them to each other.

I still have my complete childhood lavender castle as well as the  MO Spike and I've had a few "normal" Spikes come through as I've been collecting.  The MO and "normal" are a similar color with maybe slight batch variations, but the lavender spike is definitely brighter.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think there were any yellow banners included with the lavender release.  They do look good with it though and otherwise the two little nubs near the gate look kind of empty :)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 07:49:03 PM »
From your picture, I do think that Spike is the brighter colored one that goes with the castle. :bigups:

The purple goblet(s) is the most HTF & valuable item from the set, and it is the piece(s) most everyone who has a near complete set still needs. That being said, selling the whole castle as a set with even just 1 purple goblet will raise the price of the entire thing to probably $300+. If you sell piece by piece, it would be hard to get the same value unless you find one person willing to pay a crazy amount for a single goblet. I'd recommend taking offers with a reserve in mind, as it's hard to put an exact value on the set considering both less-than-perfect condition AND super HTF accessories.

Offline SnowCastle

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 09:42:09 AM »
Thank you all for the input! I feel like I have a starting point at least now. I will have to dig out my Spike from the regular dream castle and see what they look like side by side.

Juliepants – I will send you a pm with what I have sorted out so far if you like!

Brighteyes – Sorry the cookery set is one of the few I am keeping as I have had it since childhood. Hope you find one soon though.

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 09:45:08 AM »
Ooh yes please SnowCastle :)

Jules x

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 10:13:37 AM »
I've seen it go between sixty and over a hundred with its accessories.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 03:31:52 PM »
I would agree with KKV due to the inclusion of that goblet, you will probably nudge this set to the $325-350 mark. The set has always been expensive but I actually think its got even pricer in the last year or two.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal