collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi There Everyone~  (Read 944 times)

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Hi There Everyone~
« on: January 12, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Baby Moondancer says hello, too!

Hey folks~ I'm Nonny. I'm not exactly new as I was here back in 2012, but had to leave abruptly after just settling in because of unfortunate circumstances with my health. I didn't get to meet too many of you, and I'm sure the userbase has changed since then, so hello again! It's nice to meet you, whether for the first or second time, aha. I'm terrible at introductions, so feel free to ask if I leave something out you'd like to know~ I'm happy to answer questions, silly and personal both.

I'm a collector of G1 and G2 ponies at the moment, though I also have existing collections of G3 and G4 (I estimate I have around 300 ponies, but I'm terrible at math). As my health is still a mess I don't get to collect as passionately as I used to, but I still adore ponies! Merchandise is my favourite thing to collect, but I have very little, as not as much of it is released here in Canada compared to America or the UK. I'm also terrible at locating it, when it does XD.

I'm really hoping to go pony crazy after having to put my pony interest on hold for so long, and I figured this is a great place to start! I've already started unpacking all the pony related things I had to put away and re-styling all my girls so they look their very best. I'm also hoping to finally make a list of every pony I own and sort of evaluate my collection, I guess? (Any advice on where to start would be most appreciated!) I used to recognize and know the names of every pony and a decent idea of their rarity or value but after four years you start forgetting things (my health also leaves me with frequent memory issues), and I'm sure the market has changed, aha. Like, recently I read somewhere that Whitecap is sought after? I was quite surprised! And suddenly very guilty as I've had one sitting downstairs these last four years in a box of mixed vintage toys I was never even able to sort out before getting sick. Thankfully, she seems to be none the worse for the wear!

I think I'll save the rest of my pony oops stories for a time when I'm not trying to make a good impression!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:34:48 AM by Nonnavlis »

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
Re: Hi There Everyone~
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 05:13:33 AM »
Welcome to the arena!  ^.^
I also collect G2  :)
Have fun on the boards (again)!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 08:56:19 AM »
Welcome back, Nonnavlis!

I'm sorry about your health but I hope you're doing better now. I notice whitecap has been popular lately myself, didn't see that coming (though she is pretty). Have fun unpacking and getting your girls ready for display again!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 11:05:12 AM »
Welcome (back)! I recently made an inventory of my collection on Microsoft Excel - it turned out not to be quite as overwhelming as I'd anticipated, but I definitely have a lot more ponies than I thought! It really put into perspective for me just how many there actually are, because I always felt like I had such a relatively small collection (but I guess that's what I get for being a completionist  :lol:)

I'm terrible at knowing/keeping up with value as well, which is one reason I'm so glad the Arena exists!

Your Baby Moondancer is precious, by the way! I love mine, she's one of my favorite baby ponies  ^.^

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 01:20:35 PM »
Vintageg2, y'know, from your name, I never would've guessed! ;P That's fantastic, I'm really glad to see some more love for it. It's one of the generations that seems to get forgotten about. I suppose because it's run was so short outside of... I think it was the UK? that nobody really remembers them as their childhood ponies? Anyway, fabulous to meet you! I'll have to keep an eye out for pictures of your herd ^^

Thanks Bekuno!
I'm getting along~ ^^ I'm a spoonie (that means my health conditions are chronic/permanent), but I still have my good days and I'm learning how to manage it all. It's better with ponies! They're really motivating me to get up and do more than I've been able to until now. Thankfully I don't have to re-display all of them. Many of them were able to stay out and about on shelves, though admittedly they're long overdue for a dusting!

Ooh~ I'm not familiar with excel, Clawleen, but I do think I have it. I'll have to give it a look! I think we probably all have more ponies than we assume we do, aha. I'm waiting to find out I have embarrassingly more than I thought I did (and hoping I don't have embarrassingly less!). It doesn't seem like a lot when they're all spread out but whenever I get a bunch of them together I feel like I might be overdoing it... XD

Moondancer is one of my favourite babies as well! She was a gift from my mother, so she seems more special than the others. Which, would make sense, except that my mother is actually responsible for purchasing the majority of my herd thanks to childhood ponies and birthdays, aha. Somehow only Moondancer has become the personification of that, though.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 04:21:46 AM »
Welcome back :)

Personally i find dream valley, strawberry reef or the wiki really handy id tools if i can't find something here.  Most of what i need in terms of pricing and ids i can find around the forum :lovey:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 05:52:15 PM »
Welcome back, never heard the term for someone with a long term illness.  Best of luck with it.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 06:23:37 PM »
Thanks Spinky! Those are some of my favourite ID tools as well! I'll definitely be keeping them close at hand as I unearth my horde, aha.

Thank you too, Diamond! It's sort of an inside term, I'll admit. If you are one, you probably know it, but if you aren't, it usually takes some explaining! aha. It's taken from "spoon theory", an explanation of fatigue and energy consumption in chronic conditions. Essentially it's to give a sense of community to being ill, by uniting various illnesses under one identity (and also gives people who are sick but don't yet have a diagnosis, which can take years in chronic conditions, something to identify with).

Also apologies everyone if the discussion of illness is a little too grim/TMI for pony boards! ^^;

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 10:56:45 PM »
Spoiler
Vintageg2, y'know, from your name, I never would've guessed! ;P That's fantastic, I'm really glad to see some more love for it. It's one of the generations that seems to get forgotten about. I suppose because it's run was so short outside of... I think it was the UK? that nobody really remembers them as their childhood ponies? Anyway, fabulous to meet you! I'll have to keep an eye out for pictures of your herd ^^

Thanks Bekuno!
I'm getting along~ ^^ I'm a spoonie (that means my health conditions are chronic/permanent), but I still have my good days and I'm learning how to manage it all. It's better with ponies! They're really motivating me to get up and do more than I've been able to until now. Thankfully I don't have to re-display all of them. Many of them were able to stay out and about on shelves, though admittedly they're long overdue for a dusting!

Ooh~ I'm not familiar with excel, Clawleen, but I do think I have it. I'll have to give it a look! I think we probably all have more ponies than we assume we do, aha. I'm waiting to find out I have embarrassingly more than I thought I did (and hoping I don't have embarrassingly less!). It doesn't seem like a lot when they're all spread out but whenever I get a bunch of them together I feel like I might be overdoing it... XD

Spoiler
Moondancer is one of my favourite babies as well! She was a gift from my mother, so she seems more special than the others. Which, would make sense, except that my mother is actually responsible for purchasing the majority of my herd thanks to childhood ponies and birthdays, aha. Somehow only Moondancer has become the personification of that, though.

I'm a HUGE fan of Excel, lol! I make spreadsheets for almost everything...I actually put my collection inventory onto Google Docs so that I could link to it from my blog - here is the direct link, though: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMrkaYrioW0V3VKYXVGZnhQcmc/view

Just if you wanted any ideas for how to set yours up. In the "Pony Count" tab, I'm only counting actual MLP - I've made separate tabs to keep track of other collections (and separate tabs as well for non-MLP ponies), as I find it easier for myself that way. The column titled "Posted?" is really just for me to keep tabs on whether or not I've made a post for that pony on my blog, so you can ignore that, lol.

Also, I used the formulas on the Pony Count tab, so that whenever I get a new pony, all I have to do is update the cell for the generation and year that pony belongs to, and it will automatically adjust all the totals for me. Even if you're not totally familiar with spreadsheet programs, Excel is really easy to figure out!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 05:36:51 PM »
Welcome back to the arena :) I know what you mean by health issues :(  Happy you can enjoy your ponies! :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 01:09:46 PM »
Hi, nice meeting you! :)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 12:18:38 AM »
Welcome to the Arena!
Please ask the talented and gorgeous Mod team if you need any help, and enjoy yourself here! :D

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal