collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who's your MVP? (Most Valuable Pony) Come Share!  (Read 6672 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who's your MVP? (Most Valuable Pony) Come Share!
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 07:27:19 AM »
Highest monetary value would be a recent addition of a Greek twilight. (From goodwill!)
I'm attached to my two whizzers. One is just like my childhood toy and there is an odd colored one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm still not sure why the color difference. They have identical markings.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 07:42:12 AM »
I don't have any super expensive ponies but I have Ice Crystal and Lightning and a couple of special babies, green Baby Schoolbag and Baby Hopscotch. I'm not into nirvana as such but have quite a few UK and Euros because I'm based in the UK.

In terms of sentimental value I think Gusty was big for me because it was when I saw her online that I wanted to start collecting ponies again. Actually all the unicorns with glitter are so special for me because we didn't get them here when I was little.  I realised I could get them from overseas and was really happy.  I remember that my cousin had Honeycomb and Galaxy and another friend had Snuzzle, all stunning ponies so I was really pleased to have those when I got them.  Cotton Candy was my original pony and I have the darker one and also a lighter one that needs a bit of restoration.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:04:19 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »
Most valuable pony... Might be a tie between a French variant and my G2 Prototype.

Most valuable in terms of sentiment, my first pony Ivy :) She leads the herd :P

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 12:40:30 PM »
Most valuable... i would think my g4 ploomette or star swirl (i bought her, just waiting to recieve her so i don't know if it counts).
In terms of sentimental value i would say my g4 octavia brushable because a childhood friend gave her to me for christmas while i was looking for her for one year (she isn't normally out in France).

RainbowQuartz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »
Probably Mimic? I don't know. I haven't spent more than $5 on any ponies, including her (she was free because my sister loves me) so really I have no expensive (to me) ponies. Most VALUABLE would be a tie between so many...Raincurl got me back into collecting. Sunspot was the first pony my husband ever bought me, back when we were dating. My kids got me Steamer. My sister has zillions of ponies for me, too. They're all most valuable.

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »
Well I guess my MIB ones are the most expensive ones and Brazil ribbon that I own (I got them pretty good deals so they aren't that pricy)
Most valued ones are my childhood ponies :)

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »
My most valuable and most sentimental pony would be TAF munchie. I had wanted her since I started collecting so when she came up at a price I could actually afford I scooped her up right away! She's not perfect but I love her even with her flaws.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »
Most of my collection is common G3/G4, so there's not much that's particularly valuable.

I did score some more expensive ponies at the Fair last year, one being the original FS Applejack (minus accessories) and the Chicken Pinkie exclusive.

I also got some HTF G4s in a Goodwill lot, including Blossomforth, Dewdrop Dazzle, Cheerilee (w/o bangs), Cherry Pie, Honeybuzz (who had a bit of a haircut) and a sadly baity Flitterheart.

The one with the most sentimental value would be the first brushable I got, the Crystal Empire Pinkie that came with a white Celestia.

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 05:26:29 PM »
Most expensive: Probably a G4 Star Swirl with a small scratch on her eye. Grabbed her from an Arena user as soon as the ad was posted, about the cheapest I've seen Star Swirl go for loose. No way I could afford a MIB/perfect condition Star Swirl.

Sentimental? Got a few to list.
http://whitedove-creations.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-Shimmer-477269402

Won a Sunset Shimmer from WhiteDove at a raffle at Bronycon two years ago. Slightly different than the one I linked to, the plush I won, Sunset's cutie mark colors are reversed. Seems WhiteDove made a minor error.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/LordAlexander74/Baby%20AJ_zpsrvkslowo.jpg

Bought this cutie at Bronycon last year. AJ's my favorite pony.

Also have a G1 Applejack signed by Bonnie Zacherle and Liz Knight. Got it when the MLP Fair came to Nashville TN.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 05:36:35 PM »
I think that would be either Mimic, Crumpet or Baby Up Up and Away. :)

In terms of sentimental value... not sure. Perhaps my NSS Wind Whistler as I did a lot of work restoring her and I used her a lot when I had that silly photo webcomic. She still wears that little "whistle" necklace I made for her. Either that or Wind Drifter. She was my childhood pony.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 05:44:09 PM »
I actually don't know? I wish I did! But I have 300-ish ponies and I don't know what most of them are worth! XD I don't have anything terribly rare or especially sought after though...found them all in thrift stores and such. Maybe Cha Cha the Llama?

Sentimental value...that's a hard one...all of my childhood ponies are valuable to me in that sense...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:46:36 PM by Elisto »

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2016, 05:50:10 PM »
Priciest? Probably Mimic... I don't have any super rare ponies.  :lol:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 06:06:51 PM »
hmm. In terms of collector value, for me it would be my Mimic, Munchy, and Night Glider, I suppose - I also have two of the Color Swirls and Cutesaurus. None of them cost me much of anything, though - Munchy, Night Glider, and Starswirl all came in lots that I got very cheap...Mimic was a Christmas gift from a friend...Springy and Cutesaurus are part of my childhood herd. I'm not really sure if any of my other ponies are particularly sought after.

My most expensive pony (in terms of what I paid for her, lol) is actually Lil Tot, who I got for $12 on eBay. I don't even know if I overpaid, to be honest, but I'd never seen her before and didn't know if I'd ever come across her again - plus, she is in absolutely gorgeous condition.

Picking "favorites" in terms of sentimental value is very difficult for me - I'm lucky enough to still have a sizable portion of my childhood herd in my possession, so there are a LOT of wonderful memories attached to each of them, but VHS Firefly and Springy have always been favorites, as well as Cutesaurus. I actually have a cassette tape with audio of me opening Cutesaurus - I got her for Christmas, and since my dad was at sea, my mom recorded Christmas morning to send him so he could still enjoy us opening our presents.  ^.^

Mimic will always hold a lot of sentimental value for me as well - I still can't get over what a thoughtful and generous gift she was.

My sparkle Baby Firefly is another that holds a lot of sentimental value for me, as she was the first G1 I found in the wild when I started collecting again as an adult.  :lovey:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Nekronyte

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Call me Nek
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 09:49:44 PM »
My most valuable definitely has to be this MOC Melody I bought a couple years ago. Sorry for the blurry image.

http://followingponies.tumblr.com/  :good:
My tumblr - mostly pony related.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2016, 03:05:33 AM »
Shoot, how much is that Ploomette worth exactly? Cuz I have her MOC with the unicorn Twilight somewhere.
Anyway I'm not the creature to go to for price checks but I believe this one is my most valuable!

Spoiler
Even if I did give her a new tail...
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal