collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does your SO like ponies?  (Read 992 times)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Re: Does your SO like ponies?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 12:05:18 PM »
He doesn't mind my collection / collecting habit but he doesn't see the value in the ponies themselves other than the fact that they make me happy.  He definitely wouldn't collect them on his own, but if he were at a flea market without me and he found one he would definitely buy it for me.  He does like the show though.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline CarolSpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 12:16:26 PM »
My significant other likes ponies. He watches them on ebay and comes with me to the pony hunt. He perfectly recognizes original Hasbro ponies and the different generations, some names too.

I'm not sure if he really likes ponies or is is interested due to they are my hobby.
If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 02:24:53 PM »
He doesn't mind them, thankfully. He's more into comics so he doesn't collect them like I do, but he helps me search for them.

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 02:29:35 PM »
My fiancĂ© doesn't like them at all lol. Way too girly for him as he says but he doesn't care that I like them. He doesn't quite understand why I collect toys but he will keep a look out for ponies when he goes thrift shopping for retro games. He even let me take over a whole corner of our bedroom to display them.  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

RainbowQuartz

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 02:32:06 PM »
My husband played with them as a child and if super supportive of my collecting, but he doesn't want to collect them himself or anything. He's into vintage Nintendo stuff and other gaming type collectibles. I do often catch him browsing eBay for ponies, though!

Offline poshmonsters

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Broke Santa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »
My boyfriend isn't super interested in ponies on his own, but he does think G1 and G3 are pretty cool. He's always thought Munchy was a cool pony, and he's fond of the Glow 'n Show ponies as well.

It might also help that he's a toy collector too, so he understands it a little better than most.

Always looking for G3 Minty merchandise
Always buying jumbo G3 plushes

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 03:04:27 PM »
my OH(charmer) is on here so doesn't mind at all ! likes the g4 cartoon as john de lancy is in it sometimes (Q in star trek) he collects autographs so he can't complain some them cost quite a bit ! but he likes :muffin: Pony as he thinks he's a bit clumsy too ! he's also been to pony con with me every time we have been ! ilove him ! xaflame

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »
I actually met my husband through MLP, so yes he's ok with ponies. He doesn't care about the ponies themselves, but he does like to watch MLP Tales and FiM (the first couple seasons anyway). He's a keeper. ;)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Karebearcntdwn

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »
Nope, mine says one day if we need money they are the first to go. He barely listens to me talk about them unless I say something is worth more than 10 dollars. I envy you people who share pony interest with your significant other.  -_-

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 05:16:11 PM »
He's indifferent to my toy collection... he teases me a bit, but that's fair, as my collection is over 1000+ ponies.

He does watch FIM with me, though. :) While he isn't a full-on brony, he enjoys it, and he knows what my favorite episodes are (he once had one of my favorites queued up for me on Netflix when I arrived home after a bad day at work!). His favorite character is Applejack.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 05:18:38 PM »
My last boyfriend wasn't into ponies, but he didn't judge me for it, either, lol. He bought me a unicorn pillow pet for Christmas, and his mom got me a couple of G3.5s (this was at the tail end of G3.5, just before G4). He and I haven't been together for quite a while, now, though.

My family and friends are all really supportive (and in many cases, enabling, lol). My parents don't complain that I took over a corner of the living room for my pony cabinet, and actually my dad got out one of his studio lights for me to use for my photos.  :lol:  They're always telling me about pony things they see when they're out and about, and in some cases buy me ponies as well.

My Twitter friends like when I share photos and things that are pony-related; a few of them like the nostalgia factor, one of them also collects G1, and another is a brony. Even my cats are very good with ponies, lol - they don't try to chomp them up or anything.  I was so excited when I got Mimic for Christmas and had just bought the childhood lot from St. Jennifer (as I now call the original owner), that when I last saw my current friend with benefits, he let me prattle on and on about ponies and thought it was interesting that MLP collecting is a "thing" lol.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 05:35:37 PM »
Mine is happy that I found something I enjoy  :). He buys me at least one Pony at Christmas and my birthday, and he has amazing ideas for them since he usually buys me a custom. He even has his own arena account, not that he ever gets on lol!

CottonTALE

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 06:37:12 PM »
My last relationships weren't to nice about my collection at all:
Spoiler
My ex-fiancee demanded I keep my collection hidden away at all times (yet his collections were allowed to be strewn throught the house.)

My recently ex-boyfriend thought of the ponies in a not-approporiate kind of way (in regards to the show and the plushies), so that kind of freaked me out a bit when he'd get close to my collection.
But now that i'm single and living on my own, I can show my ponies off how I want to with nobody to criticize it.  :frolic:

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »
My husband smiles and nods while walking backwards if I even begin to talk about ponies  :bolt:.  I'm pretty sure he thinks I am :nuts:.  He has even gone so far as to close the shade in the room where the ponies are in case the neighbors walk by (live right on the walking/biking path)  :lol:.  At the same time, I think he is happy that I finally took an interest in something again after several years.  I used to keep myself busy training/competing in agility dog trials with my border collie Chloe .   
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 07:50:00 PM »
While I wouldn't say he likes ponies, he tolerates them. He pretends to be interested when I share my pony knowledge. He even brushes their hair sometimes (if our daughter makes him).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal