collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone know much about Geppeddo porclain dolls?  (Read 1039 times)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Anyone know much about Geppeddo porclain dolls?
« on: January 10, 2016, 08:21:56 AM »
So I'm helping my boyfriend out with some of the leftovers from his grandmother's estate since she passed.  That being Geppeddo porcelain dolls. I know nothing about them. I can't even find much online about the three i have in hand. The massive downside however they are from a smoking home. The walls had to be scrubbed down they were yellow from the nicotine.  :X So I'm trying to air them out a bit and find them a new home but I have no idea what to ask for them.

Doll in basket Tyee I'm not sure who the basket goes to, looks like Tyee only goes for about 10-20 new in box
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Doll unidentified
Spoiler

Doll Oneida - haven't found previous sales of her on ebay
Spoiler
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:27:26 AM by JazzMatazz »
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: Anyone know much about Geppeddo porclain dolls?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »
They remind me alot of the porcelain dolls that my grandmother used to collect, too. I'm afraid that I can't help you one bit with values, especially not with ones that are smokey; that's a right shame since that will turn off a fair few collectors. :huh:

My experiences with trying to sell porcelain dolls for anything close to true value/ original sticker price has always been bad. I don't know if they don't hold their value or if people just don't collect them anymore, but I've never had good luck trying to sell them. Which is why I have a few in my own collection! :drunk:

Maybe someone more knowledgeable will show up. GL with them, whatever you decide to do with them!!! They are very pretty little dolls!!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know much about Geppeddo porclain dolls?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 10:24:03 AM »
They remind me alot of the porcelain dolls that my grandmother used to collect, too. I'm afraid that I can't help you one bit with values, especially not with ones that are smokey; that's a right shame since that will turn off a fair few collectors. :huh:

My experiences with trying to sell porcelain dolls for anything close to true value/ original sticker price has always been bad. I don't know if they don't hold their value or if people just don't collect them anymore, but I've never had good luck trying to sell them. Which is why I have a few in my own collection! :drunk:

Maybe someone more knowledgeable will show up. GL with them, whatever you decide to do with them!!! They are very pretty little dolls!!

Thanks! Yeah they don't look like they are worth much even mint in box now days. :(
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal