collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Snowglobe Ponies Question  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Snowglobe Ponies Question
« on: January 07, 2016, 04:44:29 PM »
I consider these more like waterglobe ponies, because there's not really any fake snow in the ponies, but I was thinking about getting one or two but I still worry about the ponies getting all yucky when it gets warm.  I don't want the stuff inside to evaporate or leak through the pony if it gets too hot in my room during the summer.

Since these ponies have been out for some time has anyone had any major issues with them?

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Snowglobe Ponies Question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 05:15:56 PM »
I think the bigger worry with the snowglobe ponies is age more than temperature. The body is in two pieces and one slots into the other and is held with adhesive, so any leaks would be when the adhesive starts to break down and the body halves loosen.

I've had no leaks with mine so far, and I've had them since July.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 06:23:16 PM »
Well, my daughter has had her Diamond Mint since Easter and she's still looking pretty good, I just wish they'd give people a way to change the water. However, I think i remember someone successfully customizing one, so if we can find that thread maybe you can get a tip?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 07:01:55 PM »
Yeah, I've had no issues with mine - I live in Texas, and the a/c in our house was actually not working for quite a while in some of the warmer months, so it got STIFLING in my bedroom (the duct leading into my room was smaller than it was supposed to be, so it was always warmer/stuffier than the rest of the house in here to begin with).

I agree that the problems will be more likely when years go by and the adhesive starts to break down.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 09:37:08 PM »
I have daimond mint, celestia and luna.. so far so good.. i hope cus i LOVE This l una.. shes the only one with a show accurate crown!... i got flower wishes for christmas along with nurse red heart and big coco pomel.. so far so good.. and my room is like an oven in the s ummer.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 11:42:14 PM »
I've had no issues with mine.

They sat in a box for a couple of months during my move, and nothing changed. Even as they sat in a box in my pony room over the summer- which got VERY hot, btw, they seemed fine. When I got Applejack and Flower Wishes, I wanted to get a picture of the complete set of water globe ponies, then I ended up leaving them all on my desk with the curtains drawn, so they were being hit with direct sunlight for a few days. Still no problems.

I agree with the others. I'd be more worried about how they'll do in a few years.
Instagram / Want List

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 11:50:02 PM »
I just have Luna, but she's holding up fine--then again, I don't live in an area with extremely warm temperatures, haha. Concurring with others above, I'd be more worried about the adhesive holding up.

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 11:44:25 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I think I'll pass them to avoid any messes.  >_<

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 11:47:03 AM »
Thought I'd throw my two bits in: I've had Luna for just over a year, and I have Blossomforth too. I'm in southern Wisconsin where tempteratures fluctuate quite a bit throughout the year and they seem just fine. I currently have them displayed on a windowsill, does anyone have any speculation as to why I shouldn't do that? Part of me wonders if they might be best left out of the elements but sunlight looks so pretty shining through them.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »
Thought I'd throw my two bits in: I've had Luna for just over a year, and I have Blossomforth too. I'm in southern Wisconsin where tempteratures fluctuate quite a bit throughout the year and they seem just fine. I currently have them displayed on a windowsill, does anyone have any speculation as to why I shouldn't do that? Part of me wonders if they might be best left out of the elements but sunlight looks so pretty shining through them.

Aside from sunfading, not really? The water might evaporate a bit, but I have a snowglobe on my windowsill that is a good decade old and only a little water has gone.

If there are any gaps, the main issue would be the water going nasty. I had one of those Aquapet things when I was a kid and I unearthed it a while ago and the water had gone a gross dark brown and there was stuff in it.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 12:41:02 PM »
Mine seem fine. I got them when they came out (the original batch).  I expect they will dry up over time.

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen AJ in the states?  I think there was another new one, was it Pinky?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »
Mine seem fine. I got them when they came out (the original batch).  I expect they will dry up over time.

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen AJ in the states?  I think there was another new one, was it Pinky?

AJ and Flower Wishes. I got them both at Walmart several week ago. I'm in Pennsylvania, btw. I assume they can be found all over now (maybe at Target too? I can't remember)
Instagram / Want List

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »

Aside from sunfading, not really? The water might evaporate a bit, but I have a snowglobe on my windowsill that is a good decade old and only a little water has gone.

If there are any gaps, the main issue would be the water going nasty. I had one of those Aquapet things when I was a kid and I unearthed it a while ago and the water had gone a gross dark brown and there was stuff in it.

Oh ew. I guess it'll probably be fine and if something starts happening, I'll see it before it gets bad. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 01:58:49 PM »

AJ and Flower Wishes. I got them both at Walmart several week ago. I'm in Pennsylvania, btw. I assume they can be found all over now (maybe at Target too? I can't remember)

Thanks so much!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »

Pinkie Pie was in the first run, with Rarity and Diamond Mint. Stores near me still have her on the shelves; I've only just started seeing the waterwing ones showing up here and there, but never fully stocked. Not seen any Applejack or Flower Wishes here yet, though.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal