collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you like your name?  (Read 6732 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like your name?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 05:03:39 PM »
I love my first name, it's a palindrome!  :nerdy:

My last name is cool. If I ever get married I will keep it and just be "Mrs. Last Name New Name" A long time ago I wanted to hyphenate it, but I then didn't like the idea...

My middle name is ehh.. My parents fought over what it would be while at the hospital... My father wanted Maria, my mom wanted Marie. It was typed Marie on the birth certificate, but my dad changed it without my mother's knowing or approval. Needless to say, she was ticked! You can still see the "e" where the staff took a white out to it and typed an "a" over it. Supposedly according to Mom, my dad had a very dear childhood female friend (possibly a gf) named Mary and he wanted to use her name as my middle name :blink: :lol: :|

RainbowQuartz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 05:20:37 PM »

My last name is cool. If I ever get married I will keep it and just be "Mrs. Last Name New Name" A long time ago I wanted to hyphenate it, but I then didn't like the idea...

My middle name is ehh.. My parents fought over what it would be while at the hospital... My father wanted Maria, my mom wanted Marie. It was typed Marie on the birth certificate, but my dad changed it without my mother's knowing or approval. Needless to say, she was ticked! You can still see the "e" where the staff took a white out to it and typed an "a" over it. Supposedly according to Mom, my dad had a very dear childhood female friend (possibly a gf) named Mary and he wanted to use her name as my middle name :blink: :lol: :|

My middle name is Marie. I feel like everyone I know has the middle name Marie, Ann(e), Lynn (or another spelling of it), or Michelle.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 05:53:39 PM »

My middle name is Marie. I feel like everyone I know has the middle name Marie, Ann(e), Lynn (or another spelling of it), or Michelle.

I have three relatives whose middle names are Anne and one whose middle name is Marie. XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 05:57:50 PM »
I hate my first name. I haven't changed it officially, as this is rather complicated and costly process, and the result could very well be that I will not be allowed to change my name, as it is the public officer's discretionary decision to do so, if he thinks "nah, name is fine, don't see why she doesn't like it!" - the name stays. I've started using (just not for any legal stuff) a different name about 15 years ago, and only family and old friends still call me by the old name.

I don't like it because it sounds harsh. Plus, it isn't very common here. It's Scandinavian, for all I know, and most people never heard it before. Or they have, and that's usually because there was this singer in the music charts with one or two songs back in the late 70s (see where my mum got the idea? Yeah. I'm totally named after a popstar, and a rather awkward one on top of it), so they all make a joke about her one big hit, and they all think they are the first to do so. It also doesn't sound a lot like a female name, so I get addressed as a "Mr." in letters a lot. That's not the worst, though. When an English native speaker tries to pronounce it, it usually sounds like a pretty offensive British swearword. I'm working in an international business, there have been fun situations.
At this point people often ask me what my real name is, so in case anyone might wonder, it's Wencke. Gah, even seeing it here makes me cringe!

My own first name is nice. It's short, without a doubt a female name, it's easy to pronounce for pretty much everyone, regardless of tongue, and if I wanted to, I could get all the mugs, key chains and breadboards on it that I wish for! Maybe I'll try having it changed some day, when I got the spare cash; the pronunciation one could be my golden ticket to a positive decision. The way it is now works for me though, so I don't really think about it a lot. It's always fun at family gatherings though, when my SO's part of the family calls me by my new name, and my guys go with the old one. :D
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 06:27:37 PM »
I have never been able to find my first name on any thing in stores. . . EVER. I was over the moon one year when I got a stationary set from my grandparents with my name on it. . .  they had to special order it from some specialty shop.

RainbowQuartz

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 06:30:32 PM »
I have never been able to find my first name on any thing in stores. . . EVER. I was over the moon one year when I got a stationary set from my grandparents with my name on it. . .  they had to special order it from some specialty shop.

That was my childhood. I had a few things with my name on them that my mom ordered, but otherwise I had to get the blank stuff with letter stickers and put my own name on it. -_-

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 07:01:44 PM »

:lol:

Post Merge: January 07, 2016, 07:04:22 PM

I have three relatives whose middle names are Anne and one whose middle name is Marie. XD

:freak: Marie is everywhere! XD
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:04:22 PM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 07:05:39 PM »
I like my first name. Three letters, easy to pronounce, not terribly common. My middle and last names are a bit more boring but not bad compared to some people I know.

Kanchii

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 07:25:13 PM »
I like my First and Middle names: Madison Brooke
Madison was VERY uncommon when I was young - it only recently became very popular. So when I was young, people would always say, "Oh, Madison, what a beautiful name, wow!" and I enjoyed being the only Madison I knew - as opposed to the five Rebeccas or Emily's etc in my grade. Now, though, I can't get used to all these YOUNG kids called Madison! Everywhere I go, I hear, "Madison!" and I turn, but it's always someone calling a young kid! Haha. I like to think I started the trend. ;) I'm 26, btw.
My middle name is pretty enough, too. I like it. <3

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 07:31:02 PM »
My mother and all four of her sisters have the middle name Ann. Her four brothers were recycled... Anthony James, James Ernest, Ernest Stephen, and Stephen Anthony.   >_<

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 07:45:06 PM »
My mother and all four of her sisters have the middle name Ann. Her four brothers were recycled... Anthony James, James Ernest, Ernest Stephen, and Stephen Anthony.   >_<

Wow!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 10:12:31 PM »
I like the shortened version of my first name; I'm not fond of my full first name.  I like my middle name.  I really like my last name, despite the fact that nobody can spell it and every stranger seems to think it's my first name.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 10:28:21 PM »

Going by my friends on Facebook who use their first, middle and last names on their account, I start to lose track of how many of them have one of those first three middle names you mentioned.

For instance:

I know 4 -FOUR- Samantha Ann's. We all went to the same school, so they all know each other. It's crazy! Marie is probably the most common middle name amongst my friends, though.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:20:56 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Lady_Manson

• MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »
No I don't like my real names
 Melissa Sue Lang
 I wish my Name was
 Harmony Star Lang
  I have always liked the name Harmony And I have always liked Star
    and they both sound good together

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 11:56:53 PM »
Lol, now I want to know everyone's names!  I like my name, very classic. My first name's Anne and I love that my niece calls me Auntie Annie (she's 1), so cute!  It's a good nickname but just for close friends and family  :lovey:

Apparently after they named me, my nana told my mum that she (nana) had a twin sister who died at birth who was also Anne Elizabeth.  Mum never knew and it was just a weird coincidence.  Spoooky!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal