collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0 *UPDATED PIC!*  (Read 6228 times)

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
Re: GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0 *UPDATED PIC!*
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2016, 09:44:00 AM »
Congrats! She looks lovely!

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2016, 02:06:41 PM »
It scares me that such good ponies (and others) can make it all the way to the outlet and possibly to the dumpster without someone finding them and buying them! I'm so glad that you live near that Goodwill outlet and are able to rescue ponies that show up there!

And how amazing that Crumpet is in such good condition after all that?! Pony Gods must definitely exist. O.O

Your comment reminded me of the Toy Fairy in the Velveteen Rabbit for some reason. When he was getting ready to be thrown into the bon fire and crying about how could it all end like this then being whisked away into the night! It does make me sad to think of all the G1 ponies that might end up in the trash compactor because I'm not there to rescue them. :(  I'm having car troubles at the moment so I haven't been in awhile because the outlet is WAY on the other side of town AND in a not so desirable location at that! Explains why it's always so filthy and disgusting inside there.. bleh! :drunk:

The pony gods were definitely looking out for Crumpet on that day and placed her so I'd find her at that particular trip. ^_^  The past few times I haven't found ANY G1s let alone anything MLP at all so it really is a crap shoot and just lucky timing haha :lol:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2016, 02:14:42 PM »
Well, maybe there's other people that save them when you aren't here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2016, 02:26:57 PM »
Highly doubful but maybe. I'm the only one that makes a beeline for the toy bins. It seems other shoppers go for clothing and shoes.....   
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »
Congrats on your find!!

Whenever I think about how many awesome toys get thrown away when there's tons of people like us actively searching for them, it makes me sad. :( But it looks like you saved her just in time!

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »
It makes me sad, too!! Some do not realize that all that 'junk' actually has monetary value and they are literally throwing 'cash in the trash!' I'm never selling this Crumpet as my thrift store rescues are some of the ones nearest and dearest to my heart but it makes me cringe to think of her winding up in the garbage somewhere. I wonder if there is a landfill full of vintage toys that were carelessly discarded and if so, can we all take a day trip there and check it out?! LOL I've heard of people rummaging through junk yards and land fills but that sounds even more disgusting that a GW outlet. I'd DEFINITELY have to bring gloves along with me then! :lmao:

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2016, 01:49:32 PM »
What a winner of a find with crumpet - and she's come up so nicely, too :)

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2016, 07:51:45 PM »
Thank you!! She's been enjoying her new home very much and glad to be outta that groddy place lol :silly:

I put her in the G1 Dream Castle that I found found during another bin visit. It had the main castle piece but was missing all the blue turrets and two side wall pieces. I was able to complete it about 90% thanks in part to ebay and it now looks great! :happy: I haven't been able to go to the Crumpet location outlet in a while since it's so far away and my car broke down :yikes: so I've been wondering what I've possibly  been missing out on and going stir crazy wanting to look haha :drunk:

ETA: I finally got to go yesterday when mom came for a visit and I didn't find any ponies at all! :yikes:  I only found two vintage pound puppy figurines and a mini plush Fluttershy (yarnish hair not aurora) however, I DID find a Care Bears Cousin Braveheart Lion at the OTHER outlet so that alone was worth the trip! :P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:56:13 AM by SunnyDazeAhead »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal