collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0 *UPDATED PIC!*  (Read 6284 times)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: GUESS WHO I FOUND FOR .19 cents @ GOODWILL! :0 *UPDATED PIC!*
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2016, 09:19:46 AM »
Incredible! What a luck that you managed to save her!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2016, 06:29:02 PM »
WOW! Congrats!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2016, 11:01:01 PM »
Awesome find and amazing clean up!

I kinda wish there was one here in my town so I can that. I'm not scared to go through trash and bump some people away lol

But honestly congradulaions on the amazing find!  :accomplished:

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2016, 06:46:10 AM »
I just found a goodwill outlet in my state! I came home with a concave snuzzle and cotton candy, slumber outfit with accessories, leg warmers, head band and brushes and even an SS Shady. I know they aren't rare or anything but it gives me hope that if they were there who else will be hiding amongst the "trash" next time I visit.  :happy:

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2016, 08:13:27 AM »
Thanks everyone!! :happy: Karebearcntdwn, that is awesome that you found an outlet store in your area and found G1s! I take home every G1 I find even if it isn't super rare mainly because finding vintage ponies seems to be getting so scarce. I found a Target Exclusive Luna with a massive 'fro' on her mane haha and a walking newborn Pinkie Pie and the MLP train set from a few years ago this past weekend. Also, a Build a Bear Princess Twilight Sparkle and another Aurora Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I pretty much snap up anything with MLP on it or Hello Kitty and I can spy them from a good distance away ahaha. This past Saturday I found these.... 

I didn't even know this Rainbow Dash back pillow was made! It has a rip but I can mend it easily enough and I can always use more back support pillows especially with the long hours I put in for work online and browsing haha :silly:  And vintage Gramms bear WITH her original shawl!!! I gasped when I saw her just chilling in the bin and she is in SUCH good condition!! Hardly looks like she's ever been played with at all bc her fur isn't all matted and played with it's still super thick and plushy... amazing! Plus, I'd found Baby Hugs and Baby Tugs not that long ago so they definitely need their Gramms to look after the cubs! :lovey:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:17:50 AM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2016, 06:46:54 PM »
o.0  I had Hugs of Tugs, the pink one.  I didn't even know they made a Gramms Bear!  She looks great!  I also wanted to say OMG, the flocking on that Crumpet!  Drool worthy!

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »
Crumpet's flocking truly is remarkable considering where she came from. I still can't believe I found her that way. She was a pony on my list that I didn't think I'd be adding to my collection any time soon but the pony gods had other ideas! :lovey:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2016, 03:27:47 PM »
Wow! That's amazing! I really want to find one of these Goodwill outlets! I didn't know they existed either!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
Great haul! I never find good stuff at the Bins these days- it is SO competitive in Seattle...

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2016, 03:07:31 PM »
Good grief! Woweeee these are just the kind of brag posts that I love to read, saving ponies and finding bargains, honestly this is so awesome! Congrats you lucky ducky you! ^_^
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2016, 06:26:16 PM »
What an amazing find, congrats!

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2016, 03:13:06 AM »
 :thumb: That's so cool!!!  I've always really liked Crumpet. She's a cutie with her brown eyes and caramel-gold hair!  :hug: Shame they didn't make more ponies with her hair color, really.  How are her flocking and symbols?  :newpony: Other than being dirty she looks amazing, given the circumstances. Please post pics after you've cleaned her up!!  I bet she'll turn out amazing and be worth like $90 gajillion dollars!!   :iconclap: :rofl:  Her old owner was such an idiot!   :shakefist:  I'd be like "You see what you threw away?!  :throw: She's mine now!  ALLL MIIIINE!!!  MUAHAHAHA!!!"   :devious:  You'll be sitting there like  :money: :poke: LOL

Post Merge: February 17, 2016, 03:23:55 AM

**And vintage Gramms bear WITH her original shawl!!! I gasped when I saw her just chilling in the bin and she is in SUCH good condition!! Hardly looks like she's ever been played with at all bc her fur isn't all matted and played with it's still super thick and plushy... amazing! Plus, I'd found Baby Hugs and Baby Tugs not that long ago so they definitely need their Gramms to look after the cubs! :lovey:**

:scared: SOME IDIOTS!!!  :dumbpc:  What I wouldn't give to find Care Bears for dirt cheap in that kind of condition!   :argh:  Some people have no appreciation for life's priceless treasures.   :really:  Super duper, major congrats to you on finding all those delightful gems!  Cherish them well!! 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:28:38 AM by Carebearnmbr46 »

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2016, 06:25:54 AM »
That's awesome! Glad you found her. Also, the pic of Crumpet on the dashboard was photo-bombed by Pizza hut! Lol.  :)

Offline TwinkleEye

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • TwinkleEye's little sculptures
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2016, 06:39:19 AM »
Wow, really cool story.I'm sure she's happy to have a new home with an owner that will love her after being thrown away like this.

That's why I love thrift hunting giving abandoned toys a second chance at a better life! Reminds me of the Island of Misfits toys but only with ponies haha

After a trip to the pony spa this morning, Crumpet is looking like herself again! And wowzers, she is a beauty! Her flocking is so plush and thick hardly any loss at all ---- even around the edges of her hooves!! AMAZING!!!
I gently scrubbed her with a soapy toothbrush then rinsed her off and toweled dried her after giving her mane and tail a good shampoo and condition and this was the tremendous result...   :whoa: :whoa:  :whoa:

She truly is stunning. After a gentle scrubbing, her symbols are now bright and more clearly defined and look just perfect. I couldn't be more pleased with the end result. I can't believe anyone would throw away such a beautiful girl into the trash... but Im happy to give her a new home and introduce her to the rest of my herd.  :happy:

Congratulations to this find! You you did a great job cleaning her up!  Thanks for sharing this cute rescue-story!  ^.^

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2016, 09:02:37 AM »
It scares me that such good ponies (and others) can make it all the way to the outlet and possibly to the dumpster without someone finding them and buying them! I'm so glad that you live near that Goodwill outlet and are able to rescue ponies that show up there!

And how amazing that Crumpet is in such good condition after all that?! Pony Gods must definitely exist. O.O

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal