collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota ~I Heart Ponies~ Valentine’s Day Pony Party! **pics added**  (Read 13048 times)

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota ~I Heart Ponies~ Valentine’s Day Pony Party! **pics added**
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2016, 08:26:56 AM »
looks like you guys had fun sorry I could not be there :(

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »
The dust is still settling here- and I'm so glad that you guys had a good time! Even with only 6 sellers and 10 shoppers, the buy/sell/trade still dominated the event!  :lol: ^.^ At the same time, with all the sellers lined up in one area, it allowed for the living room to remain a social zone for visiting!  :biggrin: ^.^

We really should have another mini-meet in the spring... I think May would be a great month- by then it will be warm outside, and still a couple months before the Chicago fair...  ^.^

I also wanted to say...

Nimrodel and Mr. Nimrodel- thank you for the hostess gift, and for sharing the fudge! And thanks for sharing the Japanese pony items! Next time we will have to make special efforts like you did to score some swag! Looking forward to seeing you again at the fair, or sooner.  ^.^ I hope you still made it to your vday dinner!

Silver Glade- Thanks again for the hostess gift! No worries being a little late- we were glad to have you for the games! You hosted such a nice meet last September I was feeling the pressure to host a tidy one as well!  ^^; And I'm trying to think- Bachmann's in Apple Valley, or is there one in Bloomington?

Delphian- The handmade Valentine was so thoughtful! and it looks the perfect size for framing.  ;) I like the creative use of watercolor and papercraft! Also, were you okay with all the pets? We vacuumed several times and had our husky professionally groomed just before the party, so I hope you were comfortable! :hug:

Sapphire Rain- Thanks for making a wonderful artwork for the dice game! And framed! Classy.  :biggrin: Also, thanks for bringing your Mom- she is really wonderful and I can tell she cares a lot about you and your interests.

Aquatic Neon- What can I say. You took my marker.  :P Lol! Nah, I want to say OH MY GOSH you surprised us all with that poster!!! You rock! It really validated this somewhat spontaneous pony party as a Mini Meet! Looking forward to seeing you again soon (so I can get my marker back) and for pony hugs!

scarlettkitty- Glad there is another local Italian pony fan! They're like the gateway Nirvana.  :lol: Keep me in mind for LPS too... sorry I had to pass on the lady FSF, but maybe next time. But I am glad the sleeping bag found a loving home! Oh yes, the frosting recipe... I'll post that momentarily...

mngusty- Always nice to see you! And Baby Gusty too! You are so savvy with your guide book, seems you know right where to look for anything! Thanks for bringing the chips and salsa- we had just enough room on the little table for them- they were great to balance out all the sugar!  :P

Aurora- Yes I love my little LPS dog! I was so lucky to get him!  :woot: pq's husband asked what was my favorite item from the meet, and first it was a toss-up between Diamond Dreams and Surprise plush, then I remembered the little dog! Tee hee... that quilt was amazing, by the way. What a showpiece!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:12:05 PM by ponyqueen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2016, 07:11:53 PM »
Glad to hear you like me ha ha! And that frame. It cost a pretty penny.
I'll let my mom know you appreciate her too. ;3
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2016, 07:01:41 AM »
Here is the recipe for the chocolate frosting that seemed rather popular... I can't remember where I got the recipe... curiously on my recipe card it reads that the recipe came from "God". Lol! I wrote that, but I can't imagine what I was thinking! Anyhow, here's what I have:

---
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder

some whole milk (not much)
1/2 stick soft butter
dash vanilla
*splash of hazelnut syrup*

Basically mix dry, then wet, then combine. Add whole milk by tbls until desired consistency. This recipe generously covers 8x8 pan.
---

As I mentioned at the party, I used almond milk (vanilla/unsweetened) instead of whole, and I made a double recipe to cover the inside and outside layers of the 9 inch round chocolate cake. :) The cake itself was Duncan Hines Devil's food, to which I added 1/2 cup of melted semisweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips.

Happy baking!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2016, 08:27:27 AM »
I was only a little stuffy by the end so not bad at all. Thank you for your efforts! Your dogs were such sweeties too. :D

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2016, 07:51:40 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!! I wish I could have been there.    Hopefully next meet  :frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal