collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NEW Fashion Style Rarity & Rainbow Dash (Gala Gowns)- UPDATE: Made in India?  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Ah so it's like Mattel makes their dolls in both China and Indonesia. So how is the quality on those Indian ponies?
We'll find out sooner or later but here is what the OP said in an earlier post

For anyone interested...

I think these girls will be very short lived in Australia like most Fashion Styles, so I bought spares while I could to debox. Rarity is very nice quality, Rainbow is not. Her blue is dull, and her plastic rough and squishy in a fakie way... And then I noticed something that made my jaw drop...

Her hoof says Made in India, so does Rarity! Are these the first G4 to be made anywhere other than China?!

Oops I missed a word. The hair wasn't mentioned so I was curious if it was like the old nice hair or the newer not as nice hair.

I'd say these FS ponies are following the trend of lower quality all round. I've taken some photos to try and compare them next to older FS ponies, I'll point out interesting details as well.
This will get a bit pic heavy so I'll place it under a spoiler...

Also please excuse the use of a winged Rarity and glittery Rainbow Dash for comparison, I don't have any regular loose FS that I haven't customised. Celestia's body is identical to Rarity's proportion wise and all hair is original.

Spoiler
First interesting thing is heights. Rarity appears a little taller while Rainbow Dash might be a smidge shorter than previous FS ponies.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Their tails and manes are thinner (only three rows of plugs instead of four) and noticeably duller and frizzier.

I have misplaced the picture of Rainbow Dash's mane but she too has only three rows of plugs.

Rainbow Dash finally has her show accurate eyes and her cutie mark is smaller.

And this is what I was most eager to test, the 'fakie' plastic! I applied as much strength (left handed lol) as I could between their ears and front leg to try and bend the leg outwards...
Here we have Pinkie and Sunset raising their legs as the control, nice and strong plastic.

And here's Rainbow Dash saluting...

AND this is a real fakie for comparison, hoof bump!  :P

If there's any other tests anyone wants me to try just let me know.  ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
wow so it's likely they will be worse quality than currently... I'm curious if this will happen to the regular size ponies
Also while these are not ponies, they are part of the MLP line but my Mini EQGs say Vietnam on the bottom of their feet..
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
WOW Not impressed with the quality decrease, especially the thinner less glossy hair, and the plastic that looks like fakie ponies!  My fakie ponies from the first wave of MLP all have brown spots on them so I don't think these new MLP are going to last too long.

I guess I might finally stop collecting ponies after all!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Well that's disappointing! I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually like their gala dresses, even if they aren't actual fabric.

But if the quality is bad then I'm not going to want to spend the money unless they go on super clearance. :lol: Although it doesn't seem like we'll see these in the US anyway.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
I do hope it's not a trend of new poor quality, just a crazy one off.
In other news all my local Targets are already completely sold out with no spot on the shelf for them anymore, I think they've already run their course.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Had a look over all the pony stuff in my local Target a while ago. Each box has printed on it "MADE IN CHINA" or "MADE IN INDIA" on the back near the barcode. These fashion style ponies were the only ones out of everything available to be made in India. It sure is puzzling why they would crop up now and in such small numbers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal