collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Looking for other pony collectors in Portland!  (Read 2290 times)

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
Looking for other pony collectors in Portland!
« on: December 31, 2015, 10:09:33 AM »
I admit I'm already part of a bronies group in Portland - but it seems NONE of them (that I've met so far anyway) actually collect ponies, besides G4's because they are all mainly fans of FIM.
I'd love to meet up with some new friends who collect older ponies! Anyone in the area? :) If there's enough of us, maybe we could do a little get together!

-Madison

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for other pony collectors in Portland!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 02:46:51 PM »
I'm in Vancouver WA.

Kanchii

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
I'm in Vancouver WA.

Oh awesome, I'm just 10 minutes away from Vancouver, as I'm in NE Portland! :D

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:03:16 AM »
Not anywhere near but I think we have q few members there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 10:08:52 AM »
Another portlander picked up some ponies in need of restoring. I'll let her know. I don't drive, but am willing to get together sometime if you want to talk to me.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 04:28:45 PM »
I admit I'm already part of a bronies group in Portland - but it seems NONE of them (that I've met so far anyway) actually collect ponies, besides G4's because they are all mainly fans of FIM.
I'd love to meet up with some new friends who collect older ponies! Anyone in the area? :) If there's enough of us, maybe we could do a little get together!

-Madison

Yeah, most bronies aren't collectors at all, although many of them will get some merch. That's why I'm thankful for the Arena and MLPTP, since basically all the other pony communities are bronies.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Kanchii

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 07:26:16 PM »

Yeah, most bronies aren't collectors at all, although many of them will get some merch. That's why I'm thankful for the Arena and MLPTP, since basically all the other pony communities are bronies.

I never heard of MLPTP til now! Now I'm checking it out, cool thanks!

Also, if we get enough people from around Portland, we should have a little shindig! Bring out favorites to show off, and ponies to trade, and do a potluck or something! If there's less than, like, 6 of us it could be at my place. (it's pretty tiny lol)

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 08:16:18 PM »
I'm in WA! it's only...2-3 hours away!! ;)
We do a PNW Pony Party every August and would love to have you join! you're also welcome to come up for mini get-togethers in the Seattle area.
I'm planning a little something with some friends for the coming months. We just got together at my place for a cookie/pony party a few weeks ago!

Most of the pony people I've found around the area have been more Brony/FiM focused and less G1 collector focused.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Kanchii

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 08:54:03 PM »
I'm in WA! it's only...2-3 hours away!! ;)
We do a PNW Pony Party every August and would love to have you join! you're also welcome to come up for mini get-togethers in the Seattle area.
I'm planning a little something with some friends for the coming months. We just got together at my place for a cookie/pony party a few weeks ago!

Most of the pony people I've found around the area have been more Brony/FiM focused and less G1 collector focused.

Oh yes please! I've already popped up to Seattle a few times, and don't mind the three hour drive :) Yay!

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 09:36:52 PM »
I haven't been able to go since I can't drive. I'll pay gas if you take me with!

Kanchii

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 10:01:49 PM »
I haven't been able to go since I can't drive. I'll pay gas if you take me with!
To the PNW Pony Party in August? Sure! In fact, if there's more of us in the Portland/Vancouver area, we should all carpool! I'm happy to drive.

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 10:05:47 PM »
That would be amazing! I should let you know I have a six year old daughter who is as crazy for ponies as I am. I have a service dog, too. I won't bring him if it will upset people. He's a small dog. 15-20lbs.

Kanchii

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 10:47:13 PM »
That would be amazing! I should let you know I have a six year old daughter who is as crazy for ponies as I am. I have a service dog, too. I won't bring him if it will upset people. He's a small dog. 15-20lbs.

It'll just depend on what car I have at that point - I generally don't let my own dog into my car if I dont have to lol. But, I may be getting an older car. I'm actually going car shopping tomorrow - UGH what a nightmare - because I got rear ended real hard on the freeway two weeks ago and my beautiful 2014 Corolla was totalled :( I might go with a bit less expensive car this time, so that I'm not in as much debt, which would be nice.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 12:20:21 PM »
We usually hold the event at the library, but I think because it's a service dog the library should be ok with it? As for the other pony people, that is a question best asked in the formal thread. I don't mind, I have a dog and I love her. She will soon be registered as an official service dog instead of unofficially a service dog.

Kanchii, oh no! I'm so sorry!! I almost got a 2013 Corolla and ended up with a Rav4. although I'm pretty sure if you hipcheck the cars they would get dented. Love my Rav, but the metal it's made from isn't so hot!
Be careful when you're out shopping. older cars come with all their own problems. do lots of research before you decide on anything and if you can...I recommend a Saturn. I loved my Saturn, but I really needed 4WD/AWD when I moved to the mountains. :/
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Kanchii

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 02:49:15 PM »
We usually hold the event at the library, but I think because it's a service dog the library should be ok with it? As for the other pony people, that is a question best asked in the formal thread. I don't mind, I have a dog and I love her. She will soon be registered as an official service dog instead of unofficially a service dog.

Kanchii, oh no! I'm so sorry!! I almost got a 2013 Corolla and ended up with a Rav4. although I'm pretty sure if you hipcheck the cars they would get dented. Love my Rav, but the metal it's made from isn't so hot!
Be careful when you're out shopping. older cars come with all their own problems. do lots of research before you decide on anything and if you can...I recommend a Saturn. I loved my Saturn, but I really needed 4WD/AWD when I moved to the mountains. :/

I ended up getting a 2010 Ford Escape. It's a great suv, pretty solid, and fancy. Also sips gas compared to other suvs so thats nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal