collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you showcase your ponies  (Read 1343 times)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
How do you showcase your ponies
« on: December 30, 2015, 07:47:46 PM »
I have the next 5 days off from work (not from my family however so there will be many interruptions), and I really want to get started on my pony collection.  I have accumulated quite a few ponies and now feel overwhelmed  :shocked:  I am planning on going about it in a systematic manner with each set placed together and grouped with other sets from the same year.  But I am curious with how other people display their ponies?    Also, does any one else keep their childhood ponies away from OPP (Other People's Ponies :haha:)?  May have aged myself with that song title :P

Here is a picture of my overwhelming herd that has some what been sortedvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

I plan to regrettably keep my fading pink hair ponies somewhere in the dark.  I will take a group picture of them and find a creative way to it.  Just thought of something! 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Phynix

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I am the Gypsy Tigress
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phynixcaskey.org
Re: How do you showcase your ponies
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:11:58 PM »
As my office, bedroom, and pony room all share the same space now I have to rotate who I have out. So I have my blind bag ponies on display as they are small, and my customs, well some of my customs that I have collected through the years from custom swaps.

But here are the two shelves I use.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 08:28:32 PM »
Ponieeessss!

:frolic:

I have mine in a bookcase and a shelving unit ladder thing..along with my other '80s toys. :)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 08:49:00 PM »
I have a couple of bookshelves that I modified that hold most of my collection.  I laid it out in a way that would maximize the amount display space, so that meant that ponies of varying sizes would have their own tiers on the shelves. I planned out areas for G4 blind bags, standard brushables, Fashion Styles, and various large G4s, Funkos, Equestria Girls, and G3s. Most of my plushes are on a hanging shelf over the bed.

I got a bunch of playsets in the past two months, and two of them I have out on another bookcase in the living room. I'm hoping to get another shelf for me to put in my bedroom that I can put the playsets on so I can move them out of the living room. Although it is nice to be able to just look to the right to see a chunk of my G4 collection.

Usually with new acquisitions, I put them on top of my computer desk in the living room so I can look at them more.

As for separating childhood ponies, I guess I am doing that now since I had none as a kid. Or looking at it the other way, it would be impossible.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
I only have around 150 ponies. I have a large hutch that has a light in it(usually off). I use painted 2 by 1 boards to raise the ones in back. Like stadium seating for ponies. I have some Equestria girls and plushies on the top. I have major ocd so dust isn't an issue at my house. I also have another hutch and a bookshelf just waiting to be filled.

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 05:50:18 AM »
I have mine displayed on two DVD bookcases- one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 05:57:35 AM »
I am lucky enough to have a pony room. The shelves are the Billy ones from Ikea.
And I keep them all on display, but I keep the blinds closed

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 06:28:35 AM »
I am lucky enough to have a pony room. The shelves are the Billy ones from Ikea.
And I keep them all on display, but I keep the blinds closed

Great room! :thumb:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 06:38:29 AM »
99% of mine are in the pony room (various types of shelves, I want to get the Algot wall system from Ikea someday)... they are organized by generation, but then just randomly put on the shelves together. My customs, childhood ponies, and some specials (Nirvanas, Punzie, Mimic) are in my china cabinet in the dining room.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 06:40:27 AM »
I only have 18 21 ponies so they're all on a shelf in our family room closet that's always open bc my kids' toys are on the floor of it. Someday I'd love to have wall to wall shelving in an office for them, but really I'd like a big big big room for all of my collectibles and my husband's collectibles.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:08:52 AM by Emerald »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 07:24:09 AM »
I have a pony room with Billy shelves.  It's very much a work in progress but one whole wall is filled with shelves, plus the closet.  The other wall has my grandmother's china hutch until I can afford the Billys for that side as well.  I do keep my childhood ponies put away in a tub in a cabinet, so I don't accidentally get rid of them when I upgrade, lol! 

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »
I use the combination of an end table, a 3-shelf bookshelf and a dresser. I live in a bachelorette apartment, so saving space is key... but I make it work. The top of my bookshelf and dresser have all my fluttershy ponies and plushies, then the shelf below that has my brushable g4s, Then the shelf below that has all my equestria girls dolls.

Finally on the end table, I have my giant Fluttershy hair styling pony (not enough space for it on top of the bookshelf), my funko collection (all 1 figures of it :P) and my pony ornaments. I also keep my pony lunch-tin on the end table that contains my first-aid kit as it's the most accessable area of my house.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 10:30:31 AM »
I initially organized my ponies by set but did not care for the look of it. I use Billy shelves from IKEA with risers. I now organize them by pose which allows for more ponies per shelf and a tidier appearance, in my opinion.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 10:35:29 AM »
Well I've recently bought a different display cabinet for them, we moved our bedroom around and the previous one didn't fit. So I'm in the process of deciding how to organise them myself. Before, I had them by set, but I was thinking about displaying in colour groups? I seemed to remember seeing someone's display a while ago that was like that and it was lovely. But I'll see how it goes, if that doesn't work I'll think of something else.

Jules x

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »
I initially organized my ponies by set but did not care for the look of it. I use Billy shelves from IKEA with risers. I now organize them by pose which allows for more ponies per shelf and a tidier appearance, in my opinion.

Are the Billy shelves made from real wood?

I'm looking for nice shelving options made from real wood.. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal