collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All 9 of the year 4 TEs!!!  (Read 2260 times)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
All 9 of the year 4 TEs!!!
« on: December 27, 2015, 01:46:28 PM »
I won this entire set on ebay last week for $75. It's the most I've ever paid for ponies, and my first ever lot. I assumed they would have a lot of issues and need a lot of care, but they just came in and I am absolutely floored. Their eyes are all FLAWLESS, their hair is all perfect (though could use a wash and style,) no rust, no rattling, and only a couple have possible cancer spots. They all have their original ribbons, too. I am over the moon! I'm about to start cleaning them up one by one and will post more photos as I can! This is the shot from the auction.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ETA: A few are hard and have plasticizer leaking. I don't mind that, though, since they look the same on display.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 01:49:20 PM by Emerald »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: All 9 of the year 4 TEs!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 01:54:35 PM »
Your TEs! :frolic: How beautiful they are! Lucky lucky lucky! You must be stoked! Aren't you amazed by their loveliness and charm?  *does happy dance with Emerald*

You gonna get the 2nd set?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Emerald

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 02:15:02 PM »
I already own Mimic and Locket but they are with my sister in Texas for the time being. I'd love to get the other few that I don't have eventually, especially Quackers. I have a thing for white ponies.

Speaking of white ponies, Gingerbread is a mess. Her hair and eyes are gorgeous, but she is EXTREMELY sticky inside and has a lot of cancer spots and some rust from her washer that luckily is only inside and has not stained her tail. Does anyone know if the stickiness eventually stops? I don't care if she's hard, but the stickiness is just gross. I'm going to try to sun her and then airbrush over the brown bits to cover them. She's beautiful and I'm definitely keeping her and finding a way to restore her, but for now she has been banished to the cancer shelf. She's the only one I have cleaned so far. I'm going from worst to best condition so it's less depressing. LOL

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 02:22:21 PM »
It'll stop eventually yes. I think you should put something under her though, so it doesn't get on other stuff. That's what I noticed other people saying.

Emerald

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 03:04:12 PM »
She's not sticky outside, just inside. She's already hard, too. There are a few sticky squishy girls here, too. I'm stoked to clean them but wish they were hard instead of sticky. I wish there was a way to speed up the process.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 03:17:29 PM »
Congrats!
I'm so happy for you! :) The TEs are so awesome.
 :happy: :happy:

Emerald

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »
Is it weird that I'm glad that the girls with known issues didn't come to me minty? I'd rather they be with me and get restored than end up called bait or tossed. I'm too attached to G1 ponies! lol

I'm getting my airbrush out of storage next Sunday and can't wait to see how it works covering these cancer spots. So far Gingerbread and Sweet Stuff have definite pony cancer, but perfect hair, eyes, and symbols. Whizzer has no sticky issues, no cancer, but some highlighter marks and a pen mark. She also has a smudged symbol on one side but it looks factory. The rest of her is perfect. :D

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »
Yay, my new pone-nieces!  :frolic:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 05:09:39 PM »
Try asking around. Someone might know?

Emerald

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 05:16:55 PM »
A bunch have cancer on the inside flange of their necks but not showing anywhere else so I'm not saying they have cancer yet. Gingerbread, Sweet Stuff, and Sky Rocket 100% have it. They are my worst condition ponies from this lot, but not beyond saving in my opinion. I'll take some pictures of all of them tomorrow. They're clean but still need to be sunned and styled (and a few need to be air brushed to cover the cancer but I've said that a few times in here lol just excited.)

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 05:24:53 PM »
Such lovely ladies! Even when they have issues TEs are the prettiest ponies :D congrats!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 05:45:28 PM »
Great haul!! I wouldn't sun them personally though. I think it could make them worse especially Gingerbread. Good luck with them, would love to know how you get on with air brushing!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 07:22:57 PM »
Great haul!! I wouldn't sun them personally though. I think it could make them worse especially Gingerbread. Good luck with them, would love to know how you get on with air brushing!

I do agree; sun fading turns Gingerbread brown. But congrats on the lot as a whole! Awesome that they have their ribbons, and Sweet Pop's hair looks awesome.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 12:02:42 AM »
Such a great lot. Congrats :)

Emerald

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 05:16:24 AM »
Yeah I'm not going to sunfade. I had no idea she'd get worse. I'm cool with her not being super white, I'll just need to mix paint to match her current shade.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal