collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your pony budget?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What is your pony budget?
« on: December 24, 2015, 06:00:22 PM »
How much money do you set aside monthly for your pony-buying expenses?

Mine is currently limited to around $20, as I'm not only saving up for my first car, but having to cover my animals' feed and maintenance costs as well. There isn't a lot left over, lol.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: What is your pony budget?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
Admittedly I don't really have a budget. I just try to keep it reasonable, but... I do tell myself that if I'm browsing eBay and I see a deal that I can't pass up, I can afford to splurge on it, then maybe not buy as much for a while. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
it honestly depends on whats going on at the time. What's out that i need to have to live, what is mango dangling under my nose and tempting me with.
Usually its about 25-30 bucks.. speically if i see one that ive not seen before.
of course that can be a LOT Of ponies.. depending on where your shopping.

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 01:25:32 AM »
It reallyyyy depends....There are months I buy not a thing...and then I buy several ponies/items in a week time... X
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 03:31:42 AM »
I usually set aside an absolute maximum of £20 for ponies and even that's for ones that have been on my want list for ages and they have to be in amazing condition for that price, otherwise my usual limit is around £10 per pony. That said, I don't buy ponies very regularly, they're more of an occasional treat. It helps to keep the herd small and easily to look after. :)

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 05:00:35 AM »
I just set aside all the spare money I get then I just buy ponies.  Probably why my spare cash is low right now.  :P
I used to hold steadfast to the rule no pony for more than $20.  But then I saw a beautiful Tex with hat and bandana for $25 and now that rule is sort of dead.

Offline Sky_Rocket

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 05:30:35 AM »
I spent my entire pony budget for 2016 this month on one purchase.  So I have no budget any more :(  Well, at least until 2017.

So I'm thinking I now have to move into the realm of - Whatever I sell ponies for, is what I'm allowed to spend on ponies.   And I'm terrible at selling, so It's gonna be a dry year next year.  Sigh. 

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »
My budget is whatever my husband allows me to spend and usually I have to make up the money by selling doubles. With no job and not being very good with numbers or finances, I let my hubby rule the money side of things (though I usually get things I want anyway  :angel: )

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 10:43:05 PM »
Budget?  What is that?  No, just kidding.  I went way overboard this year.  Of course, I had't bought anything in the 3 years prior.  Now I am only going to allow myself to buy a few specific ponies for 2016 and 2017.  Will hopefully be able to trade for others.  I also hope to pick up some extra hours at work to make up for the money I spent this year.  So ashamed
 :redface:
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 04:33:01 AM »
I don't have a budget as such. My circumstances have changed this year, with going back to university, but my general rule is that expenses happen in this order.

General living expenses, including rent come first because they must.
From my "pocket money", things like presents for people and my sponsorship/any charity obligations come first.
After that, my money is my money. But I won't ever let myself be overdrawn. So it has to be affordable and that means weighing up which items are more important than other items.

So I don't have a budget. But I do have rules. And I don't do payment plans as a rule, because I feel like if I can't afford to get it there and then, I don't want to lock up money for months paying off a debt, especially as I am a full time student.

So that's me. I did pretty good this year so far even bearing those rules in mind, but I probably bought more when I was working than I currently can or do.

What irritates me more is that I have a growing box of duplicate ponies which have come in with ponies or accessories Ihave bought for my collection, but living between two places means that finding them new homes is really hard to even begin. Sigh. Oh well. That would definitely help my pony budget, but there's not a lot can be done about it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 05:54:02 AM »
I don't really have a fixed amount that I set aside each month.  My spending kind of varies from month to month since I only buy ponies when they're on clearance.

I really need to plan things out, since I've got other things I need to save for.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 06:14:54 AM »
Like others here I don't have a budget really... I haven't been buying ponies for myself lately due to the holidays, and will try to hold off for awhile but when I do buy ponies I try not to spend more than $20 in any particular transaction. Doesn't always work but I try!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 06:19:59 AM »
My pony buying is so random. I didn't buy any for years and then bought several in the last few months. I always try to get tehair projects though and they tend to be cheaper. I'll wait for a pony I really want just to find a cheap one with bad hair. Lol
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 08:42:41 AM »
Like a lot of the others who've responded so far, I don't really have a set budget. I work part time right now and have loads of student debt, so my disposable income is different after every paycheck (when I even have a disposable income, lol).

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Nefalia

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • @ponycrisp on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 09:05:27 AM »
After all necessities are paid, which includes savings, I have an equivalent of 250USD as a budget for fun and hobbies every month. Which means I can buy ponies for all of it but I usually don't since I would like to spend some on my other hobbies as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal