collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Littlest Pet Shop comics - what's in the hardcover volumes?  (Read 664 times)

Bread

• Trade Count: (0)
Littlest Pet Shop comics - what's in the hardcover volumes?
« on: December 23, 2015, 12:00:28 AM »
I recently found out that Littlest Pet Shop has a short 6-issue comic series to go with the 2012 TV show. It's been out for a while, so they've released a couple hardcover volumes (titled "Open for Business" and "Wait a Second") that compile the single issues together.

The problem is, the descriptions for the volumes are really vague, and I've heard conflicting accounts of what's included. I've been told that "Open for Business" has issues #1-5, but the page count (according to amazon) is only 80 while each issue was 28 pages by itself; it just doesn't add up. "Wait a Second" also has a page count of 80 and supposedly includes the 48-page issue #6, but the remaining 32 pages are a mystery to me. It's really confusing.  >_<

So, does anyone have both of these volumes, and can say which issues are in each? I'd like to know before I go out and buy one.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Littlest Pet Shop comics - what's in the hardcover volumes?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 10:24:27 AM »
According to Comixology, "Open For Business" has issues 1-5 of the 5 part miniseries.  My guess is that the missing pages are the ads.  :)

The description for "Wait a Second" is more vague, but there's an Amazon review that says "There are 8 stories (or episodes) that vary in length, from very short scenes to longer story arcs".  The Comixology preview is of a story called "The Old Switcheroo."
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »
Not a clue, but the ads thing makes sense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Bread

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
Not a clue, but the ads thing makes sense.

It would make sense, but about 12 pages of ads would need to be removed from each issue to make #1-5 all fit (28 * 5 = 140, 140 - 80 = 60, 60/5 = 12). That doesn't sound quite right. :blink:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
Twelve pages of ads per comic doesn't sound like that much to me .  I just checked out my latest "Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye" comic and the paper version had 32 pages.  My online Comixology version has 22 pages.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal