collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me about your GRAIL!  (Read 6277 times)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
Tell me about your GRAIL!
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:58:36 PM »
I just ordered both of my grail ponies and I am on cloud nine right now. Since I'm in grail mode, I thought I'd post and ask all of you about your grails. Who is it? Why do you love them so much? Do you have them already?

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me about your GRAIL!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 01:09:56 PM »
Oooh, congratulations! :party: Which ponies did you get? My current grail is Cool Breeze; wingers are one of my favourite varieties of pony, I also absolutely love palm trees and her colour scheme is really relaxing. Fingers crossed I'll be able to find her in 2016! :hope:
My previous grail was Majesty, who I succeeded in getting earlier this year. She was one of my childhood ponies (sadly no longer in my posession) and I was uncharacteristically fussy about condition when it came to finding a replacement for her. It took a while but I finally managed to find one who is just lovely! It was well worth the patience and the extra effort! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:17:14 PM »
Oooh, I wanna see pics of your grails once they arrive! :lol: Congratulations! :heart:

After over 20 years of wanting her, I finally got my grail pony last summer; she is by far the most expensive pony I've bought but she was totally worth it! I've never seen her in MOC condition before and thus far not after; she's in general a hard pony to come by partly because she is a non-US pony.

My grail is/was Twins Surprise Mommy Pony! Now I own her MOC and just this summer I won the Bed & Crib Set on eBay nearly complete! Anything else after that is just icing on the cake that is my collection.

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/archive/3/31/20150710011052%21Moc-surprise-twins-pony.jpg
^ I actually bought mine from Stormy31685 here on the Arena and this could be the one...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:19:02 PM by S.o.a.r. »

Emerald

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
Oooh, congratulations! :party: Which ponies did you get? My current grail is Cool Breeze; wingers are one of my favourite varieties of pony, I also absolutely love palm trees and her colour scheme is really relaxing. Fingers crossed I'll be able to find her in 2016! :hope:
My previous grail was Majesty, who I succeeded in getting earlier this year. She was one of my childhood ponies (sadly no longer in my posession) and I was uncharacteristically fussy about condition when it came to finding a replacement for her. It took a while but I finally managed to find one who is just lovely! It was well worth the patience and the extra effort! :heart:

VHS Firefly and Goldilocks were my grails. They're the only ponies I remember having as a child (I had a lot more but was in an accident when I was young and don't remember the majority of my life before it) and that makes them super important to me. When I get them back I know I'm going to cry!

I hope you can find Cool Breeze! She's so pretty. Good luck!

Post Merge: December 20, 2015, 01:22:15 PM

Oooh, I wanna see pics of your grails once they arrive! :lol: Congratulations! :heart:

After over 20 years of wanting her, I finally got my grail pony last summer; she is by far the most expensive pony I've bought but she was totally worth it! I've never seen her in MOC condition before and thus far not after; she's in general a hard pony to come by partly because she is a non-US pony.

My grail is/was Twins Surprise Mommy Pony! Now I own her MOC and just this summer I won the Bed & Crib Set on eBay nearly complete! Anything else after that is just icing on the cake that is my collection.

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/archive/3/31/20150710011052%21Moc-surprise-twins-pony.jpg
^ I actually bought mine from Stormy31685 here on the Arena and this could be the one...

Oh, wow! I've never seen her before! I'm going to look her up now and try to find more pictures. Congratulations. :D

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 01:26:23 PM »
I just got a grail pony in a trade with a lovely member here, it was so exciting and a pony I though I would never own. I got spain tex :)

I have a had a few grails over the years but he was my biggest, followed by daddy sunbright whom I also got through a trade with a member here. Yay for the arena

Emerald

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 01:29:29 PM »
I just got a grail pony in a trade with a lovely member here, it was so exciting and a pony I though I would never own. I got spain tex :)

I have a had a few grails over the years but he was my biggest, followed by daddy sunbright whom I also got through a trade with a member here. Yay for the arena

Congrats! I've never seen Tex irl, let alone a Nirvana Tex. That sounds really cool! My sister is sending me a Mimic and a bunch of other super cool ponies, so really the only one I can think of that would be grail status is Rapunzel. I don't see that one popping up in a trade. LOL

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 01:49:50 PM »
My grail is TAF Night Glider. She's my favorite pony but I don't have her yet I'm afraid! She only pops up every now and then and she can be a bit pricey. I also want to start a custom army of her. I just think shes beautiful with the space theme and the colors she has.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 02:12:39 PM »
If we're talking about expensive/rare/elusives.

My owned Grails;

Ice Crystal- I had no idea the Mountain Boys existed as a kid, but when I saw him it was instant love. Seeing how much he cost, made me think I would never own him. Until Marble Dragon was asking about Grail Customs, I asked what kinda payment she took and how much, we came to an arrangement and I now have a beautiful custom Ice Crystal. She even took care to buy a bait in the real IC's mold and sent along a cute baby Ice Crystal. I cherish them both. :3

Baby Drummer-This boy always seemed to be out of my price range. I have different upper limit prices due to how big something is. My boyfriend wanted to get me something and make it a surprise. I had him look at my wishlist and he found a reasonably priced Baby Drummer who is in great condition. Not only is Drummer my first baby bro ever, but he is a great gift from a great guy.

Dazzleglow-I had this gorgeous girl as a kid and wanted her again in my adulthood collection. Spent forever looking for her, but the couple times I ever saw her, she was on bid and/or outta my upper price range. I finally found one and my boyfriend knowing I felt guilty about paying that much for just one, was kind enough to put up half.

Baby Sea Star-i knew I wanted at least one sea pony and I made a small list of favorites, that I would like to have. However a lot of the babies were out of my upper price range for small toys and err...sea ponies being water toys meant that a lot of them had the unfortunate issues that tend to plague them,being young and unaware that soft plastic plus pool water can lead to mold, pvc breakdown, rust etc. Hey I don't judge, I played with my sea pony in the pool and tub too.

I got a beautiful Baby Sea Star from Hobomom and Mimic for a good price and she's one of the ones I wanted most.

I love all my Grail ponies as much as my minor Grails and commons.

Grails I hope to achieve

4-Speed with a decent body and white hair,I like him better with faded white hair then pink, in fact,  I didn't know he had pink hair till I saw someone's photo of him here.

Wigwam with his head dress

Princess Tiffany with her Bushwoolie and Accessories, but I can live without them. She was a childhood pony.

Twinkler I love clear ponies and celestial themes, her dark purple is gorgeous.

SS Gusty, she seems to be less common then the other Gustys. I owned her as a kid, I won't take any other Gusty.

Twist love at first sight.

Ribbon always wanted her, but I'm holding out for one under 30. If possible.

MO Starhopper love at first sight, great price, but hard to find and always snapped up fast.

Cool Breeze she's amazing! Must have!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:22:13 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Emerald

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 02:20:13 PM »
My grails weren't really rare or elusive...but I did overpay for Firefly so even though she's not normally expensive this one was. I don't regret it. Rapunzel, on the other hand...NOPE. Maybe if I win the lottery. lol

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 02:22:51 PM »
My grails weren't really rare or elusive...but I did overpay for Firefly so even though she's not normally expensive this one was. I don't regret it. Rapunzel, on the other hand...NOPE. Maybe if I win the lottery. lol

I hope you find a gorgeous Rapunzel for a good price. :3
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »
My Ultimate Grail would have to be a purple Colombian(?) Daddy Apple Delight. He's in my favorite color scheme and is truly one of the most handsome ponies I've ever seen. :inlove: :heart:

Aside from him I'd like Argie baby Ribbs, a made in China Tux 'n Tails, an original hair Mountain Boy Lightning, or a Thai Ice Crystal but I know that last one won't happen.  :P
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 02:29:23 PM »
I'm boring... mine is Rapunzel.

But the other one is blue Posey. <3
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 02:32:07 PM »
Two of the Alitas ponies (Wingers from Argentina) to complete my wingers. Moonjumper and Whirly :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:10:57 PM by Moonbreeze »

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 02:58:17 PM »
Mine was Viajero (Spanish 4-Speed). The ever amazing ponybanker gave him to me for Christmas this year!!! <3 So thrilled to have him! Now my grails are his white hat and original bandana... hoping to find them, one day!

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
My grail is the Spain Up, Up, and Away.  I like the Hong Kong/China released one (too lazy to go drag her out of her tote to confirm location of manufacturer), but there is something about the pink and green balloons on the Spain version.  I think she is very sweet looking. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal