collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fakie pony in a My Little Pony box..?  (Read 2131 times)

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Fakie pony in a My Little Pony box..?
« on: December 07, 2015, 05:14:39 AM »
So I found this picture with a Fakie pony in a My Little Pony box! The blog person said in Turku, Finland these were found.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zOah_ZpOWv4/UGYSJY_bPVI/AAAAAAAA7MM/hatwywks8Mg/s1600/1.jpg <

Illumideer

Re: Fakie pony in a My Little Pony box..?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 05:24:37 AM »
So I found this picture with a Fakie pony in a My Little Pony box! The blog person said in Turku, Finland these were found.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zOah_ZpOWv4/UGYSJY_bPVI/AAAAAAAA7MM/hatwywks8Mg/s1600/1.jpg <
Its very common for Fakies to use real My Little Pony images on their packaging, how they dont get in trouble for it I have no idea!

Emerald

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 05:28:10 AM »
Wow...this is really strange. I would think that would be copyright infringement or something along those lines. I guess it's not a big enough deal to take legal action against the fakie makers, though? So weird. Pretty cute fakie, though!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 05:50:06 AM »

Many companies that make fakies do use the vectors from the original MLP line. That's a Fakie in a Fakie box since the box says "Set Funny Pony".

It's more common to see a box like that outside of the US though.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 06:13:31 AM »
Cute fakie
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 09:00:04 AM »
hahaha yes very common... I see those at Save-a-Lot all the time. It's hilarious they used "Funny Pony" and picture of Pinkie! :lol:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:45:55 AM »
It happens all the time and I always find it funny. One of my favorites was one that had all of the Mane Six ponies drawn as alicorns in Princess Celestia's body type.  HORNS AND WINGS FOR EVERYONE!!

These companies are based in countries that have lax or no copyright laws, like China, so they don't get in trouble from their home country.  And as far as I can tell Hasbro doesn't think it's worth their time to go after them.  They can't stop them from being produced, so they would have to detect them and stop them from entering the US, Canada, Sweden, etc at the ports.  Big hassle.

However, the fakie companies do usually take the precaution of changing the product name a little--like Fun Neddy Lovely, My Lovely Pony, or, my favorite, Demon Donkey.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:50:25 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »
I always thought them a bit cheeky, though I've only seen photos, never seen one in real life in stores here. I suspect it's what you guys have said - it's too much effort for Hasbro to clamp down on what, probably, isn't impacting their brand too hugely and would cost more to try to shut down. Plus in a weird kind of way the fakie people are doing Hasbro advertising. The images = My Little Pony. It's like carrying a shopping bag around with a shop logo on it. The contents of the bag don't matter - it's the image/logo on the bag that people notice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 04:35:34 PM »
I saw a set of fakies in a local shop a few months ago which had a picture of the MLP Arena pony on the box! :/ I keep meaning to post photographs.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
I saw a set of fakies in a local shop a few months ago which had a picture of the MLP Arena pony on the box! :/ I keep meaning to post photographs.

*facepalm*  Oh my goodness!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 07:16:22 PM »
Man, I love me some bootlegs!
When it comes to ponies, they're always funnier when the creators mix generations, like this one. (That's a Styling size G3 Unicorn with G4 images on the box...)

Post Merge: December 07, 2015, 07:16:49 PM

Ok now you're obligated to post photos!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 08:15:32 AM »

Its very common for Fakies to use real My Little Pony images on their packaging, how they dont get in trouble for it I have no idea!

Thanks for the response. I thought they would get in trouble for using My Little Pony images too.
Wow...this is really strange. I would think that would be copyright infringement or something along those lines. I guess it's not a big enough deal to take legal action against the fakie makers, though? So weird. Pretty cute fakie, though!

I thought that too. I agree it's a cute fakie!  :)

You should if you haven't all ready!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal