collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are there any ponies or gens you are NOT interested in collecting?  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Are there any ponies or gens you are NOT interested in collecting?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 08:41:17 PM »
I have absolutely zero interest in collecting G2 or G3.5 because I think they're eyesores.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 09:10:54 PM »
I am not interested in collecting G3.5.  But I still get them sometimes and have some on my shelf.  I'm considering selling most of them though.  Already sold a few I used to have.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 03:53:11 AM »
I'm more of a picky collector when it comes to certain gens.

I'm mainly a G4 collector, but I have specific G3 and G1s as a part of my collection (G3 Fluttershy and Posey to be more specific. They are a part of my Fluttershy army) other than that I try to avoid collecting anything other than G4, but if they do end up in my posession and I like their look, then they may stay.

The one gen I will NOT collect is G3.5, they are really off-putting to me (no offence to those that do enjoy them)

I also don't really go for MOC/MIB ponies for my G4s due to lack of space (I live in a bachelorette apartment, so being wise with space is key) though, I'm trying to get MOC/MIB editions of G3 Fluttershy and hopefully one day a Posey to display once I get a bigger apartment.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:36:50 AM by CottonTALE »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 04:00:10 AM »
I've been reading around today and realized I have no interest at all in ever owning any mib/moc ponies. I want to be able to hold and "play" with my ponies. If I ever came across them super cheap I'd have to try to find a mib/moc collector to sell them to or I'd be tempted to open them.  :lol:

I also don't have any interest in any generations beyond G1, but I do buy G3 and G4 for my kids. I'd pick up any G2 I hypothetically find in the wild for my sister, too. For me, though? G1 all the way.

My childhood Napper is a great example.. I found her at a "mom and pop" discount store (much like Big Lots, etc.) in the early '90s. I brought her home thinking, I'm going to leave her MOC, yay!.. I don't think she lasted but two days on that card.  :lol: I remember debating it with my mom, who was like, if you want to play with her, go ahead! Haha.. Now I kinda wish I left her MOC. I heard she is htf that way..  :P :)

I actually have Napper MOC from a similar discount store and mine stayed ON card because sister already had her.

in the 90s before the internet, we got almost all of the ponies from 1994, and some earlier ones, on clearance and ALL of them except one GH Highlights got opened because at the time we didn't understand about MOC, collecting, anything like that. The only ones that stayed in package were ones we already had and that Dad picked up with the foresight of maybe one day, we'd want them that way. So thanks to him I have GH Highlights and baby Brother Apple Delight from that period, plus the three Sparkle Ponies I bought after learning about MOC ponies and thus kept that way - otherwise :-/.

I do regret this though it was a decision I made as a child, not as a collector, and I really didn't know any better. I did at least keep their cards and stuff, which for my childhood early ponies, didn't happen. I really never saw ahead!

However, as a MOC collector now, I really respect people who don't collect MIP and therefore pass on or sell on any MIP items they get to people who do collect them. I'm all for everyone having their collection their way, and it shows a lot of respect and thoughtfulness to not rip open a pony someone else might have spent their whole collector lives searching for. So kudos to those people :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:25:56 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 04:21:15 AM »
I don't collect G3.5 or blindbags. They're just weird to me. I don't collect MIP/MOC ponies either because I like to be able to pick up and move my ponies around, and I wouldn't have the room for them anyway.

My main focus are G2s. But there are some poses in G1 and G3 that I collect. In G4, I collect only the ponies who have had 1 release.

Yukiru

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 08:49:46 AM »
As much as I adore fim, g4 has gotten quite dull for me since every pony is starting to look the same. I'll still probably still pick up the occasional exclusive, but im not actively seeking nearly as much as I used to when fim first came out. I've also never been a big fan of g3.5. If I saw one for a few pennies at the flea market or thrift store I may pick it up, but I wouldn't actively seek any g3.5 out. I dunno, just something about the way the heads are sculpted lol X3

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 01:58:44 PM »
I only collect G4, not any of the prior gen's.
I do have a few G1 merch. type items but not any desire to get any more or any of the ponies even though it was the gen I had as a kid.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 04:53:49 PM »
-I don't actively seek out MOC/MIB figures.

-Save for the Funko Vinyls, not much of a fan of blindbags and solid figures anymore.

-G3/3.5 "baby doll" ponies. So-Soft Newborns or something like that.

Any other pony merchandise. I'm a pony fanatic but I don't exactly feel the need to run out and buy things like lunch boxes, hair brushes, pencils, shirts, ect. I've got some but they were gifts.

Emerald

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 05:06:55 PM »
I have absolutely zero interest in collecting G2 or G3.5 because I think they're eyesores.

I feel kind of bad for laughing, but I totally agree.

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »
I only collect g3's.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 06:23:12 PM »
I don't think I'll actively collect G3.5 or G2, but I could change my mind on the latter.  I have some G3.5s from Goodwill but I may end up donating all but one just so I can have one from each gen.

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 01:15:50 AM »
Like most, I do not collect G3.5 and only collect G3s I like but I am primarily a G1 collector. I'd like all the G2s but some I honestly have no interest in. I love the non-mane 6 figures when it comes to G4, otherwise I do not purchase G4 items anymore. I wish Hasbro would make make them with the freedom of colors they had with G1 and with the innovation they had with G3 merch.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 02:17:34 AM »
G3.5 is definitely something I will not collect.  G4 sadly now days is not too far behind, I just feel 'over it' with gen 4.
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 04:21:08 AM »
I only collect G1. So all the other generations don't really interest me. ^^

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »
I don't like Ponyville ponies, those little stiff ones with hard hair, I think they're called Ponyville, I have a lot of seconds blindbags but I don't buy them from the stores in thier actual blind bags. Im not really into the funkos (Bobble heads and otherwise).
 I'm very picky about the G4s I do actually pick up.  (Basically I only pick up Applejack and Rarity, if you were wondering, as well as the occasional pretty brush able)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal