collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow Brite brag!  (Read 383 times)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Rainbow Brite brag!
« on: December 04, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »
This is my first time posting in this part of the forums, but I'll likely be spending a lot more time over on this board, haha.

Yesterday I went to a thrift shop and found this big Patty O'Green doll! I don't really know anything about Rainbow Brite products, as I didn't have them as a kid (I just saw the show sometimes, I was definitely more into ponies!) I couldn't pass this beauty up, though. I found Lucky the light-up sprite today at the flea - he was on a table full of kids' meal toys that I was digging through in hopes of finding a bushwoolie or princess dragon.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A few more photos under the cut:

Spoiler

My sister told me that the sprite is from a re-issue set, but I still like him, he's really cute! Does anyone know what sort of battery he takes? I'd love to see if he still works, but there's no battery inside the casing.

Also, the date stamped on his foot says 1983, and so does the stamp on the back of Patty's head (as well as the tag on her butt). But now that I know Lucky isn't actually vintage, I'm not sure if Patty is a re-issue as well, or if she is the real deal. I love her either way, she's adorable! But since I'd like to start really fleshing out a Rainbow Brite collection now that I've got a couple dolls, this would be good to know.

If you guys have any kind of PC on them too, that would be great! I don't plan to sell, but I'm always curious if stuff in my collections might be hard to find/sought-after.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rainbow Brite brag!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:07:21 PM »
Your Patty is original. She was released again in 2003 in the 18" doll, but the face was different enough to tell them apart. My dolly-niece is the real deal.  ;)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:00:26 PM »
She's original!
 :)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 04:16:43 PM »
Thanks guys! I'd never considered actually collecting Rainbow Brite - I have a smaller, sort of poseable Rainbow Brite doll that I got at a thrift shop ages ago, and I thought that would be fine enough for me. But now that I have this girl...I really need more Rainbow Brite in my life, lol.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »
We need twin RB collections!  :rainbow: :rainbow:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 04:53:14 PM »
Thanks guys! I'd never considered actually collecting Rainbow Brite - I have a smaller, sort of poseable Rainbow Brite doll that I got at a thrift shop ages ago, and I thought that would be fine enough for me. But now that I have this girl...I really need more Rainbow Brite in my life, lol.

I had a pretty nice collection, but most of it went to that big toy box in the sky, due to mold/mildew.. :( The only thing I have left from childhood is the big Romeo and big yellow girl sprite. I recently bought a regular sized Patty with her sprite. :D Happy Hunting!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal