collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Oxiclean Bath help.  (Read 752 times)

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
Oxiclean Bath help.
« on: December 04, 2015, 12:41:17 AM »
Hi- I want to Oxiclean a pony. I was wondering if people usually leave the pony to soak and if so, for how long.

I am a bit worried about leaving it to soak, just because I don't want it to get tail rust. Any tips? Thank you!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Oxiclean Bath help.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 10:40:42 AM »
I used a spray bottle to clean my daughter's so softs once. Came out a lot better looking.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »
That's a good idea- thanks :)

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 04:00:55 PM »
I used a spray bottle to clean my daughter's so softs once. Came out a lot better looking.

I've done this as well!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 05:58:13 PM »
I've done an oxi-bath in hot water -DO NOT PUT SO SOFTS OR ANY WITH GLITTER IN THIS- and let it sit for about ten twenty minutes  and then did a light rub off of any dirt that stuck and then rinsed in cold water and then put softener/conditioner in their mane and tails over night to refresh the fibers,
I say don't put so softs or ponies with glitter in it when its hot because I've used that to essentially de-flock and de-glitter ponies that were bad off.

the so soft was also a bit of an accident XD I didn't realize my water got THAT hot.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »

Good tip!  ^.^

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
ooo new trick to try to deflock.
i have some baits that are caked with dirt and gross stuff on the inside, that i feel i want clean before i use them. so i was thinking of trying the oxi bath. or maybe baking soda and vinegar. though i think that would just be fun to watch.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 07:50:01 AM »
Its not the oxi that causes the tail rust...its exposure to water so how long  you would allow to soak would make no difference as long as any water got to the washer. If you are going to do a full soak, I would advise you to remove the tail, washer and clamp; I find it is better to keep them as dry as possible that way you dont run the risk of rust developing in the future.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 08:02:26 AM »
Its not the oxi that causes the tail rust...its exposure to water so how long  you would allow to soak would make no difference as long as any water got to the washer. If you are going to do a full soak, I would advise you to remove the tail, washer and clamp; I find it is better to keep them as dry as possible that way you dont run the risk of rust developing in the future.

Agreed. I always open up the pony and remove the tail for oxyclean soaks. I let me ponies soak for a long time sometimes. I start off with boiling water and then let the water cool down a little because I've had oxyclean volcanoes in my kitchen a couple times if I put the oxyclean strait in after I heat up the water. Then I let the pony have a nice long soak. I've made many a pony-stew. I've gotten some funny looks if people come over while I've got the pony-oxyclean-pot going, as if it's morbid or something to have decapitated ponies floating around in a stew pot.  :lol: If I can find my photo of this I'll post it.

And as was mentioned before, don't oxyclean-soak ponies with glittery symbols or so-softs (unless you want to begin the deflocking process).

Also, I don't remember, does oxyclean mess with the coating on TEs or the jewel/metal looking symbols on princess ponies?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:12:36 AM by telelle_wings »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 03:21:25 PM »
Also, I don't remember, does oxyclean mess with the coating on TEs or the jewel/metal looking symbols on princess ponies?

Unfortunately yes it can - especially TE eyes. It wont every time but I have seen it happen enough I would always urge caution.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 05:28:46 AM »
I've had Glory in an oxi bath for about 6 hours this past weekend and her glitter symbols were the same afterwards, as they were before. They were already rubbed off quite a bit so I figured things cannot get much worse, and I've read somewhere that they won't be affected so I gave it a shot.

My experiences need to be taken with a big grain of salt though as I am still new to all of this and I might just have gotten lucky!
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 09:18:33 AM »

Agreed. I always open up the pony and remove the tail for oxyclean soaks. I let me ponies soak for a long time sometimes. I start off with boiling water and then let the water cool down a little because I've had oxyclean volcanoes in my kitchen a couple times if I put the oxyclean strait in after I heat up the water. Then I let the pony have a nice long soak. I've made many a pony-stew. I've gotten some funny looks if people come over while I've got the pony-oxyclean-pot going, as if it's morbid or something to have decapitated ponies floating around in a stew pot.  :lol: If I can find my photo of this I'll post it.

And as was mentioned before, don't oxyclean-soak ponies with glittery symbols or so-softs (unless you want to begin the deflocking process).

:lol: :lol:
I would love to see pics of the pony stew!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal