collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Good Dinosaur "shouldn't be watched by anyone under the age of 15"  (Read 13526 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Dinosaur "shouldn't be watched by anyone under the age of 15"
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2016, 12:03:32 AM »
Parents are funny btw.. this summer I came into an argument with a father who got angry when his five year old daughter would not be let in to Jurassic World (rated 11 here). I was the mean old (!!!!?) lady who destroyed her summer with not letting her see the dinosaurmovie.. and then there are parents who think an animated kids movie like this should be rated 15. Some times parents do make sense.. but not in cases like these.

Wait in your country they can't even see the movie with their parents? Wow that's pretty strict since the only movies kids can't get into with their parents here are X rated movies that have actual hardcore sexual content.
Here in Sweden, we have kind of strict laws regarding the age rating of movies shown at the cinema. We have;

• All Ages
• Age 7
• Age 11 (7-year-olds are allowed in with adult company)
• Age 15 (You must have turned 15 years old to be admitted despite adult company.)

And we don't have X-rated movies playing at any cinemas...

So the government decides they know better how to raise the kids than the parents?

We don't have x-rated movies playing at any regular cinemas anymore but that's more because the Internet has made them unnecessary since there isn't any actual law against them. It's just not profitable. I'm not gonna say that tiny cinemas that specialize in those kind of films don't still exist but I've never seen one.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:06:54 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2016, 02:23:31 AM »
Parents are funny btw.. this summer I came into an argument with a father who got angry when his five year old daughter would not be let in to Jurassic World (rated 11 here). I was the mean old (!!!!?) lady who destroyed her summer with not letting her see the dinosaurmovie.. and then there are parents who think an animated kids movie like this should be rated 15. Some times parents do make sense.. but not in cases like these.

Wait in your country they can't even see the movie with their parents? Wow that's pretty strict since the only movies kids can't get into with their parents here are X rated movies that have actual hardcore sexual content.
Here in Sweden, we have kind of strict laws regarding the age rating of movies shown at the cinema. We have;

• All Ages
• Age 7
• Age 15 (You must have turned 15 years old to be admitted despite adult company.)

So the government decides they know better how to raise the kids than the parents?

We don't have x-rated movies playing at any regular cinemas anymore but that's more because the Internet has made them unnecessary since there isn't any actual law against them. It's just not profitable. I'm not gonna say that tiny cinemas that specialize in those kind of films don't still exist but I've never seen one.
In Sweden, it's up to the Swedish Media Council to decide what rating a movie should have. They have the law on their side and it's all about making sure children aren't traumatized by watching a certain movie; sometimes parents' are too biased to make that decision for their children in my opinion. I remember the drama when the Twilight movies might've had a Y15 rating; all the tweens went crazy!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2016, 06:42:57 PM »

• All Ages
• Age 7

In Sweden, it's up to the Swedish Media Council to decide what rating a movie should have. They have the law on their side and it's all about making sure children aren't traumatized by watching a certain movie; sometimes parents' are too biased to make that decision for their children in my opinion. I remember the drama when the Twilight movies might've had a Y15 rating; all the tweens went crazy!

It's kinda pointless tho. In a few months the parent can just buy it on DVD and nobody can (or should imho) stop them from letting their kid watch it. The only ones who end up losing is the cinema since they lost 2 tickets. But then again my parents never shielded me from violence (sex was another matter entirely) and I turned out fine in that regard.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2016, 12:50:59 AM »

It's kinda pointless tho. In a few months the parent can just buy it on DVD and nobody can (or should imho) stop them from letting their kid watch it. The only ones who end up losing is the cinema since they lost 2 tickets. But then again my parents never shielded me from violence (sex was another matter entirely) and I turned out fine in that regard.

The law is for public viewing. If you buy a private show or watch in your own home, then it's on you and you can't blame anyone else but you if your kid gets traumatized.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2016, 06:53:42 PM »

The law is for public viewing. If you buy a private show or watch in your own home, then it's on you and you can't blame anyone else but you if your kid gets traumatized.

Were parents really blaming the theater for traumatizing their kids when they were the ones who brought them? I thought parents here were bad with taking responsibility for what their kids see. Humans make me shake my head sometimes.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2016, 11:56:24 AM »

Were parents really blaming the theater for traumatizing their kids when they were the ones who brought them? I thought parents here were bad with taking responsibility for what their kids see. Humans make me shake my head sometimes.

Humans have been blaming others for their own actions since the caveman days.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal