collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is disney infinity worth it?  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Is disney infinity worth it?
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:35:15 PM »
so  i   have allmost beat skylanders. i'm not even gonna bother with super chargers and i was wodnering if i should try disne  inifity. anyone     think tis a good system? and whats the differnce in  1.0 2.0 and 3.0?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is disney infinity worth it?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:08:35 PM »
Disney Infinity is a lot like Skylanders, but you can't use any character for any level that I remember. I play at my bffs house on PlayStation 4, its pretty fun! I love to use Jasmine the most! I still need to buy the figurine of her, I just borrow my friends when I collect them myself. I love the game though! Five Below has bundles of the older figures for under $5!

Also I think there are still Disney Infinity games leftover from Black Friday that *should* be on rollback or sale? I can check it out in a little bit! The different versions just have newer characters and new powerups, the newer version the more characters you can use!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 11:19:33 PM »
I just got Disney Infinity 3.0 and I'm really enjoying it. Basically, the Disney Infinity games have two parts to them--the 'playsets', which are adventures somewhat like skylanders where you complete missions, and the 'toybox' where you can create your own areas with items you have unlocked. As Lala mentioned, the characters you can use in specific playsets are determined by that playset's theme. For example, Disney Infinity 3.0 comes with a Clone Wars era playset that can be used with Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda by default. (Anakin and Ahsoka come with the starter pack.) If you play the playset based on the original trilogy you can use characters like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo. Right now for 3.0 there are two Star Wars playsets, an Inside Out playset, and another Star Wars playset and a Marvel playset (don't remember which set of heroes) being released later.

When you are in the toybox doing quests, building, playing other peoples' levels, or using the two Toybox Modes that can be bought (Toybox Takeover or the racing one I can't remember the name of) you can use any character. Princess Jasmine can go around riding a speeder bike from Star Wars in the middle of Halloween Town if you feel like it.

From a gaming perspective 3.0 is the best built from the reviews I have seen. However, which version you decide to buy may also be influenced by the playsets for each version since those are version specific. (Characters and items called power discs--which unlock interesting perks and building tools--are not).

One thing that may help advise you is: what did you like about Skylanders? What do you hope Infinity will either mirror or do differently?

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 01:11:16 AM »
I only ever bought 1.0 and I want to like it, but I don't.  I find it to be not a great adventure game and not a great sandbox game.  Both parts are just really disappointing to me.  I don't know if they improved if for later versions.  And I was very tempted to buy 2.0 because I love marvel so much, but the original was such a let down I never did.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 01:06:37 PM »
I really didn't like that the v1 characters won't work with the later v2 or v3... we've bought v1 and played it and decided we wanted some new characters to play with so we went for some and got  v2 and v3 characters that we liked and didn't realize that they're not compatible with the  older versions... i don't know if that's a bug or what but now we have some pricey desk warmers...
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »
I just got Disney Infinity 3.0 and I'm really enjoying it. Basically, the Disney Infinity games have two parts to them--the 'playsets', which are adventures somewhat like skylanders where you complete missions, and the 'toybox' where you can create your own areas with items you have unlocked. As Lala mentioned, the characters you can use in specific playsets are determined by that playset's theme. For example, Disney Infinity 3.0 comes with a Clone Wars era playset that can be used with Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda by default. (Anakin and Ahsoka come with the starter pack.) If you play the playset based on the original trilogy you can use characters like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo. Right now for 3.0 there are two Star Wars playsets, an Inside Out playset, and another Star Wars playset and a Marvel playset (don't remember which set of heroes) being released later.

When you are in the toybox doing quests, building, playing other peoples' levels, or using the two Toybox Modes that can be bought (Toybox Takeover or the racing one I can't remember the name of) you can use any character. Princess Jasmine can go around riding a speeder bike from Star Wars in the middle of Halloween Town if you feel like it.

From a gaming perspective 3.0 is the best built from the reviews I have seen. However, which version you decide to buy may also be influenced by the playsets for each version since those are version specific. (Characters and items called power discs--which unlock interesting perks and building tools--are not).

One thing that may help advise you is: what did you like about Skylanders? What do you hope Infinity will either mirror or do differently?

I liked that you can use    the differnt versions of sklyanders in  almost any of the games. (i didnt like that i ahve to buy speicefic trap masters)  to get the  gates and such in  Trap team.  and i liked the Sttoryline   esspcialy in Swap force and trap team.  but now i'vve beat swap force pretty much and i'm lookign for another game to play.

so you cnat  use  like version 1   in  vs 3?  and you  cna only use star wars theme in   3.0?  so its not liek a set storyline   game  that you put a char ont eh portal and go  from there?   hmm.

what about disney amibo is that a better one to get into? i want soemthing i cna play through  and  have fun with the orignal skyladners i beat in  2 days. 

i dont really wnat to get into superchargers becuae it just looks too expesnive.and i think that them in cars is  just too much lol

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 01:45:12 PM »
In the playsets, little pieces you put down to access professionally created levels, you can only use the characters that make sense with that level. For example, in the Inside Out playset you can use Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust. If you tried to use Luke Skywalker it would not let you. But both can be used in the toybox and in the toybox modes that have been released. I hope that helps.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »
come to my house and play with me!!!
florida and minnesota aren't that far.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 03:27:18 PM »
come to my house and play with me!!!
florida and minnesota aren't that far.

lol sure! XD

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 03:36:48 PM »
I've been wondering the same things! I was thinking about getting version 2.0, but if it's not backwards compatible with figures from 1.0 I don't think I would be interested... I really want to collect the figures, but I don't want to start collecting them if I don't have one of the games (and 3.0 is way too expensive right now for a game that I probably won't put a ton of time into). The game does sound intriguing, but it sounds like it would be confusing to figure out which figures you can and can't use... Maybe I'll still try it, though...

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »
i have alot of the figures and bought the 3.0 and 2.0 a few months ago. still need a few of the game towers, but i can give you the downlow as i learn it.
i found out they had kanan and mulan and have now spent way too much money on getting all the figures i like. but Kanan!
i've also heard good things about the lego dimensions too. want to try the game, but knowing me i'll probably just buy the figures and wait till the game has a second version before i buy it.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »
the only reson i  was consdering it    was becuase  my  gamestop had the  base for like 2.50 and the gmae for  like 5.00  so i figured it's be  worth trying bt yeah if its not backwards compatable not sure i'm willing to put the moeny into it.
i proa bly will snag superchargers when it drops to liek 10.00 lol

i'm not sure aobut lego dimensns

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 10:47:19 PM »
Lego dimensions looks amazing!  I am definitely getting it.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 04:30:51 AM »
I haven't tried it but I'm really not a huge Disney fan.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
I just found this chart that says the figures ARE backwards compatible in 2.0, just not the play set pieces: http://www.iheartinfinity.com/disney-infinity-compatibility/#Disney_Infinity_20_Compatibility

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal